1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. Check for latest Online Update.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 3, 2019.
First

Back
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Next

Last
  1. rcoleman1
    In your opinion of course @twister6 sonically what's the best player for DX160? Thanks.

2. mrs1986
    @twister6 Does this works the same with TIdal MQA? Or that is just marketing stuff...?? I ask because I don't have a large library of music, and was looking for a DAP that could use full Tidal HiFi including MQA (if that is even possible) because I like the easy to find and add new music all the time.

Thanks!

TheNameIsGerald likes this.
  3. TheNameIsGerald
    that's definitely possible and also my immediate aim. iBasso DX220 is officially such a player, as are many Astell&Kern DAPs and the HiBy R5. Now it seems that the DX160 may also be one of them, although it's not officially declared anywhere and @twister6 hasn't yet said whether it actually applies to Tidal or just to files.

4. mrs1986
    Exactly, thats my doubt, applies to everything or just files saved on the card??

5. Whitigir
    The dx160 is too good when using analog Line-out feature! Toooo tooooo gooooodddd! For this features and it performances alone, the $399 is a crazy pricing

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    jamato8 likes this.
  6. karmazynowy
    What is so good about line out?
    What dx160 does better than other Daps with lineout?

7. Whitigir
    The performances of it analog quality. There is a differences between the Phone Out and the Line Out quality. While the Phone Out being very powerful and clean, it provides great soundstage, details, and it own sound signature but a little behind in timbres fidelity when compared to Dx220. The Line-Out is superbly clean, it has everything that the Phone out would have in quality, in addition the timbres fidelity is definitely top notch. When paired with a good external Amplifier, you are going to have excellent performances.

in short to answer your question. The implementation of the Digital Processing side on the Dx160 is surprisingly too good for it price tag.

buonassi and karmazynowy like this.
  8. karmazynowy
    But is it better than lets say AK Norma line out?

9. Whitigir
    Let’s tag @twister6 here :wink:

10. icefalkon
    I am using the DX160 all the time now for traveling. Yes...It sounds that good.

buonassi, PinkyPowers and Whitigir like this.
  11. Luke Thomas
    I was looking for info on the 160 vs the m11. Do we have any information on the differences

12. jamato8 Contributor
    People have answered this recently in this thread.

13. Luke Thomas
    Thx will go back and read entire thread. Just went back. Sorry don’t have time to read all 41 pages.
    Will try to get i formation elsewhere

14. mwhals
    Just search this thread for M11 in the little search box below the thread title.

buonassi likes this.
  15. Kal El
    I can't find any comparison with Cowon Plenue D2. The price difference between them is small, I'd like to know which one has better sq...

First

Back
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Next

Last