1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. Check for latest Online Update.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 3, 2019.
First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Next

Last
  1. stenog
    Yes should be available from the 14/10.

https://headphoniaks.com/tienda/ibasso-dx160/

Pumped likes this.
  2. mrs1986
    As I live outside US and in a country where everything is super expensive, I'm quite worried about that DAP that failed... Does anyone else had something similar to this? Had to sent it back? It would probably be prohibitive to send it to repair and pay for customs and taxes for it (yes even if I sent it for repair they will charge me over 60% plus commissions...).

Thanks.

3. siruspan
    I don't know where you live but I live in europe and once when I needed to send the amplifier to the US for repair I had to sign special papers in custom office prior to shipment that this comes back for repair. Of course I had to show papers that custom duties have already been paid when the amplifier was bought. When it was coming back I had all the paperwork in place and I didn't have to pay custom duties second time. Sure it's a hassle so it's best to buy from a local distributor.

buonassi likes this.
  4. mrs1986
    It's great that you have that kind of modality, we didn't have that the last time I checked, I will give it a go again, maybe we moved a little forward :p

5. Shawnb
    You'd have to look up your local customs and laws to be sure. Here in Canada if it's for repairs you generally don't pay Taxes or customs twice, you just have to mark it down as a repair. What gets you when shipping it back and forth is the shipping charges and the insurance you pay. That can end up costing just as much if not more then the shipping costs.

6. Whitigir
  7. Pumped
    I believe that's the best player ever created in the history of daps at this price - worths every penny. Quick charge, power output and screen. I would wish a bit longer battery life but no complain at 400 usd. About the sound of dx160 I can completely close my eyes buy one and trust the ibasso because in the past never disappointed me.
    Congrats ibasso for this great product.

This dap is a beauty and a beast.

8. mwhals
    Whitigir likes this.
  9. mrs1986
    I used to have a DX50, and I liked that, so I guess you are right! Sound wise it will be great!!

sandlapprs and Pumped like this.
  10. Lurker0
    Did you try any low impedance IEMs? It is not clear from your text, whether your opinion is mostly based on hard to drive cans, or IEMs, or a kind of average... I can't imagine who would buy DX160 to pair with HD800S or planars only!

11. Whitigir
    I did try and use it with IER Z1R and it is a perfect pairing, next up is the IER M9

DynamicEars, Vitaly2017 and Lurker0 like this.
  12. DaYooper
    Thanks for the review, just what I needed to read. And since I have DX220 and multiple amps (using DX224s at the moment) I can probably wait on the 160. Logically I wouldn't even consider it given my current collection but given my current collection why wouldn't I want it?
    :L3000: :ksc75smile:

Whitigir likes this.
  13. maira
    We ´ll see if it can beat my Pono Player when it comes to Sound alone...:)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  14. upsguys88
    Ibasso dx 160 or FIIO m11?

15. maira
    I would count Fiio out if it comes to SQ. But maybe add Hiby R5 to your List.

Xinlisupreme and seanwee like this.
First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Next

Last