iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Aug 7, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #19 of 6,983
Aug 7, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #20 of 6,983
Honestly if ibasso has a fetish for rockchip it's going to be really sad.

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #22 of 6,983
Are amp modules are going back out of fashion w/ Fiio moving away from them & this new iBasso model?
Were they not popular with DX150 users? I guess it would not be too surprising since for DX150 + an extra amp, the price is suddenly a lot closer to a DX200.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #24 of 6,983
As DX-160 is a higher Number than DX-150 i think it will be 600+ ... .
... and then the Hiby R5 is anounced at $400 with, yep you guessed it, 2 x CS43198. The mid-priced DAP space is hotting up nicely.

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #25 of 6,983
... and then the Hiby R5 is anounced at $400 with, yep you guessed it, 2 x CS43198. The mid-priced DAP space is hotting up nicely.
It has a snapdragon though. So in my opinion, it's far and above. The best choice with DTA, android, snapdragon, as long as hiby doesn't screw up output impedance, it's a pretty obvious choice to me.
I would never use a dap with a weaker processor, I don't understand how that the users in this industry let it slide. You'd think people would demand higher end snapdragons from Sony on $2-3k devices, but instead were happy with old rockchips or whatever. I don't understand..

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #26 of 6,983
It has a snapdragon though. So in my opinion, it's far and above. The best choice with DTA, android, snapdragon, as long as hiby doesn't screw up output impedance, it's a pretty obvious choice to me.
I would never use a dap with a weaker processor, I don't understand how that the users in this industry let it slide. You'd think people would demand higher end snapdragons from Sony on $2-3k devices, but instead were happy with old rockchips or whatever. I don't understand..
Voice of reason!! :D

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #27 of 6,983

It’s easy, people get obnubilated by fancy words, overstated/false claims in this audiophile snake oil train and manufacturers take advantage of that, putting crappy hardware at gold expenses.

As someone who doesn’t ever found significative differences between DAC or solid state amps in controlled blind A/B tests (let alone DAPs), I’m more focused towards user experiencie, clean output power and plenty of connectivity with nice battery and expandable options.

Sadly, most part of the time the manufacturers forget this very basics, with very few exceptions.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #28 of 6,983

As long as the daps themselves don't hot up, it's all good :p

Aug 14, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #29 of 6,983
Nothing......??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back