iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 18, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #1,621 of 6,983
I bought a 512GB card and put about 12,000 FLAC files on it. Mango won't complete the scan of the card. It just continues to say "Scanning" at 0% progress. Every other music player app I tried (UAPP, Hiby, Fiio, Neutron) scanned the card just fine.
I would do a tag check. I am now using a 1tb and no issues.

Nov 18, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #1,622 of 6,983
I bought a 512GB card and put about 12,000 FLAC files on it. Mango won't complete the scan of the card. It just continues to say "Scanning" at 0% progress. Every other music player app I tried (UAPP, Hiby, Fiio, Neutron) scanned the card just fine.

Thanks for the quick reply.. I want to use PowerAmp as a player.. And I use ";" as a separator for multiple genre tags for flac files and for mp3.

I will give it a try. I'm working since 3 days to convert my flac collection to 320kbps mp3. (just as an addition, not a replacement for sure) :)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #1,624 of 6,983
I got a 1tb card and loaded it up. Works and scans fine. 200 gig left and it takes about 14 minutes for a full scan, maybe a little less. Also, to me, the sound of this card is better. Anyone else notice this?

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #1,627 of 6,983
worst of all is that the wifi noise is not only with sensitive IEMs. In one of the last posts a user says that he has the problem of Wi-Fi noise with the Shuoer Tape, and that is not a particularly sensitive IEM.

That's weird, but there is also grado user (GH3) has this problem, and more weird that ibasso did not find or encounter this problem. Before i found this thread, i email ibasso, they say there have no problem like this. That's before i know real problem is a wifi

For WiFi please try other channels. Some have reported good success with this and some have not. We are currently investigating the WiFi and BT. I mentioned earlier. We have also gotten back a few DX160s that our distributors did not test first to see if there was an issue, before sending back, and there was no issue once received and tested so we continue to investigate. It appears to be some sort of interference with some units and we are working with both the manufacture of the antenna and the chip producer to try and find out why some would have this problem.

Not helping for my case.

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #1,628 of 6,983
Obviously the wifi problem isn't exclusive to sensitive iems, and everybody doesn't have it. Same as the bluetooth. Shielding problems? Antenna problems? Since bluetooth and wifi use the same antenna- that would be my suspect for the culprit.

To hear wifi noise would be horrendous, is there anybody that has the wifi noise and spotty bluetooth?

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #1,629 of 6,983
Obviously the wifi problem isn't exclusive to sensitive iems, and everybody doesn't have it. Same as the bluetooth. Shielding problems? Antenna problems? Since bluetooth and wifi use the same antenna- that would be my suspect for the culprit.

To hear wifi noise would be horrendous, is there anybody that has the wifi noise and spotty bluetooth?

Wifi noise, spotty bluetooth and very short wifi range here. :raising_hand:

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #1,630 of 6,983
Wifi noise, spotty bluetooth and very short wifi range here. :raising_hand:

Damn that sucks, that I would return myself. To me that sounds like antenna. But I guess the same chip does wifi and bluetooth, so who knows.

If enough get returned maybe ibasso can figure out what the hell is going on.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #1,631 of 6,983
Damn that sucks, that I would return myself. To me that sounds like antenna. But I guess the same chip does wifi and bluetooth, so who knows.

If enough get returned maybe ibasso can figure out what the hell is going on.

I've brought this up with my dealer and they've discussed it somewhat with iBasso already. I guess I'm waiting for new stocks to come in before I return mine. The one unopened unit they had left also exhibited the same problems with my unit when we tried it. Both of these come from the same batch so I'm hoping to try one from a newer batch of deliveries to see if the same problem occurs.

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #1,632 of 6,983
Would buy a DX160 immediately, if not for these "random" Wifi noise and Bluetooth connection issues. (Even though my primary use would be direct from MicroSd Card, I would like to use those other from time to time without having noise, or bluetooth that doesn't connect... )
- I have a difficult time understanding how iBasso is unable to find ANY faults with the returned devices so far. Because IF they cannot duplicate the problem(s), then they will never be able to resolve them. (Paul reports that iBasso's tech folks seem to deny there is a problem; as they don't see it in their lab. )
- Like If iBasso can't duplicate the Poor Bluetooth, or the "Scatchy" Wifi; What exactly are they working on? How would they ever know if they fixed a problem, or made it worse if their internal testing can't duplicate the problem(s).
- Wish someone could visit iBasso, with their problem DX160, and demonstrate the issues "face to face"/directly with the iBasso Engineers.... (Need someone in China with same issues, I suppose?)

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #1,633 of 6,983
I've brought this up with my dealer and they've discussed it somewhat with iBasso already. I guess I'm waiting for new stocks to come in before I return mine. The one unopened unit they had left also exhibited the same problems with my unit when we tried it. Both of these come from the same batch so I'm hoping to try one from a newer batch of deliveries to see if the same problem occurs.

Good luck!

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #1,634 of 6,983
Would buy a DX160 immediately, if not for these "random" Wifi noise and Bluetooth connection issues. (Even though my primary use would be direct from MicroSd Card, I would like to use those other from time to time without having noise, or bluetooth that doesn't connect... )
- I have a difficult time understanding how iBasso is unable to find ANY faults with the returned devices so far. Because IF they cannot duplicate the problem(s), then they will never be able to resolve them. (Paul reports that iBasso's tech folks seem to deny there is a problem; as they don't see it in their lab. )
- Like If iBasso can't duplicate the Poor Bluetooth, or the "Scatchy" Wifi; What exactly are they working on? How would they ever know if they fixed a problem, or made it worse if their internal testing can't duplicate the problem(s).
- Wish someone could visit iBasso, with their problem DX160, and demonstrate the issues "face to face"/directly with the iBasso Engineers.... (Need someone in China with same issues, I suppose?)

Any users in China on this thread? Please do us all a favor. Haha! We'd really appreciate it. :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back