iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Sep 1, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #136 of 6,983
lol Well it is fact that I don't agree with you. I use the iphone 8 constantly every day and there are times that there is a slight lag and a moment that it takes something to come up. I don't have many apps on my phone and it has lots of memory so nothing to encumber it. But it is fact for me, that it is not as you say. Anyway, this thread is about DX160.

I want to add that there are several people here who have iPhones and they are well liked and we test against various phones and other Android devices. We want the user experience to be free of stress and strive for that.

What makes an opinion different from a fact is the ability to verify and reproduce the latter.

You say you disagree with the fact that the iPhone 8 is faster than any DAP in the market, so you are implying that it’s not true.

Just be careful making these types of statements as PR, especially taking into account the number of third-party music players available in the App Store, capable of handling practically all formats without any hint of lag or late loading of covers and how to be easily evidenced in a speed test posted on YouTube, damaging your credibility.

Better to invest efforts in improving this type of aspects that are crucial to have a better user experience, even at the expense of slightly increasing the final price of your DAPs (at least 4 GB of RAM and a current Snapdragon SoC wouldn't hurt your finances, specially considering you’re a company that sell niche products in small volumes).

Sep 1, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #137 of 6,983
lol Well it is fact that I don't agree with you. I use the iphone 8 constantly every day and there are times that there is a slight lag and a moment that it takes something to come up. I don't have many apps on my phone and it has lots of memory so nothing to encumber it. But it is fact for me, that it is not as you say. Anyway, this thread is about DX160.

I want to add that there are several people here who have iPhones and they are well liked and we test against various phones and other Android devices. We want the user experience to be free of stress and strive for that.
I don't want to derail this thread. I never said there won't be any lag with iPhone 8.
I fail to understand if Snapdragon 425 is faster of all DAPs how come iPhone 8 'which set the bench marks far higher that only the next generation (after a year almost) Snapdragon TOTL processors were able to achieve' is not leaps and bounds faster.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #138 of 6,983
What makes an opinion different from a fact is the ability to verify and reproduce the latter.

You say you disagree with the fact that the iPhone 8 is faster than any DAP in the market, so you are implying that it’s not true.

Just be careful making these types of statements as PR, especially taking into account the number of third-party music players available in the App Store, capable of handling practically all formats without any hint of lag or late loading of covers and how to be easily evidenced in a speed test posted on YouTube, damaging your credibility.

Better to invest efforts in improving this type of aspects that are crucial to have a better user experience, even at the expense of slightly increasing the final price of your DAPs (at least 4 GB of RAM and a current Snapdragon SoC wouldn't hurt your finances, specially considering you’re a company that sell niche products in small volumes).

The debate continue...

I am not here to defend Paul, but he did not state the any DX device is at the same level as the IPhone 8. It's obvious that the IPhone 8 is a lot faster and the same goes for almost any Android smartphone.

These comparisons are pointless.

It's also obvious that rockchip in the DX devices is a bit slow...:). Whether or not it's good enough to do the task it's supposed to do, will be up to you, the consumer, to deside. Competition is fierce!

Currently I use DX150 and X7II. Both are what I would call relatively slow, but they do what they are supposed to do, play music. And both do that very well. If I want to watch YouTube videos or use Chrome or whatever I would never use a dap. I use my smartphones they are much faster.

Sep 1, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #139 of 6,983
The debate continue...

I am not here to defend Paul, but he did not state the any DX device is at the same level as the IPhone 8. It's obvious that the IPhone 8 is a lot faster and the same goes for almost any Android smartphone.

These comparisons are pointless.

It's also obvious that rockchip in the DX devices is a bit slow...:). Whether or not it's good enough to do the task it's supposed to do, will be up to you, the consumer, to deside. Competition is fierce!

Currently I use DX150 and X7II. Both are what I would call relatively slow, but they do what they are supposed to do, play music. And both do that very well. If I want to watch YouTube videos or use Chrome or whatever I would never use a dap. I use my smartphones they are much faster.

Well, Paul literally said in the message that I quote that he don't agree with that fact, but leaving that aside, my intention isn't try to discredit iBasso or anything like that, on the contrary, I love competition and manufacturers strive to offer the best products for us, consumers.

What is pointless to me is offer a full Android O experience and a sharp 1080p screen, perfect for audiophile media consumption, topping with a crap (by today standards) SoC and RAM quantity, it's just that.

I have no problem with music players being music players alone (I like xDuoo or Lotoo DAPs with physical buttons and simple GUIs), but you expect something more with a device like this, or at least is what I expect from a rational point of view.

Let's be realistic, I assure you that if you make a comparison with the iPhone 8 or any modern mid-tier Android phone versus the best DAP in the market, the difference in snapiness and user experience will still be quite significant even in music browsing and playing.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #140 of 6,983
Manufacturers need to have better idea of what their devices pros and cons are. If all they care about is pros and want to ignore the cons, it's not good for the game.
If a $450 device matches or comes anywhere close to the performance of a device that costs $3000, it's absolutely good for the game and we all welcome that..don't we?

Nothing is perfect..else we won't be here at all.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #141 of 6,983
Well, Paul literally said in the message that I quote that he don't agree with that fact, but leaving that aside, my intention isn't try to discredit iBasso or anything like that, on the contrary, I love competition and manufacturers strive to offer the best products for us, consumers.

What is pointless to me is offer a full Android O experience and a sharp 1080p screen, perfect for audiophile media consumption, topping with a crap (by today standards) SoC and RAM quantity, it's just that.

I have no problem with music players being music players alone (I like xDuoo or Lotoo DAPs with physical buttons and simple GUIs), but you expect something more with a device like this, or at least is what I expect from a rational point of view.

Let's be realistic, I assure you that if you make a comparison with the iPhone 8 or any modern mid-tier Android phone versus the best DAP in the market, the difference in snapiness and user experience will still be quite significant even in music browsing and playing.

The fact that Paul don't agree with you is lag on the IPhone it has nothing to do with DX160.

Anyway I don't think we generally disagree :)

Sep 1, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #142 of 6,983
Defending lack of foresight by using rk3368 will only hurt ibasso in the long run. I am critical as I love the ibasso sound and quality and I despair at the lack of the will to move forward re: SoC

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #143 of 6,983
This should be interesting against R5. And let's see what Shanling will announce tomorrow.

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #145 of 6,983
IMO, iPhone 8 can’t play FLaC, and DSD files...etc... in fact, for a DAP, the DX220 to me is just as snappy as any smartphones. I still don’t understand the issues that people keep claiming about the SOC on them.

iPhones is good, but to sync the library and organize it is a huge PITA. Every dap is simply drag and drop. But that is just me

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #146 of 6,983
iPhone 8 came into discussion when someone said DX220 is as fast as an iPhone 8, that's it nothing more.

People who don't use streaming services or various Android Apps may not find it's SOC limitations but who use them definitely faced issues with speed. No one complains much about speed of DAPs like N8 or Plenue L or M5s or LPGT as they don't do anything other than play music...music only.

But these are Android DAPs which means they are supposed to function like one.

I still don't understand the people who claim they don't have issues with speed of these DAPs when whole lot others do.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #147 of 6,983
IMO, iPhone 8 can’t play FLaC, and DSD files...etc... in fact, for a DAP, the DX220 to me is just as snappy as any smartphones. I still don’t understand the issues that people keep claiming about the SOC on them.

I don't know what kind of smartphone you use but even my little android based m6 ran smoother and snappier than the dx220.

iPhones is good, but to sync the library and organize it is a huge PITA. Every dap is simply drag and drop. But that is just me

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #148 of 6,983
iPhone 8 came into discussion when someone said DX220 is as fast as an iPhone 8, that's it nothing more.

People who don't use streaming services or various Android Apps may not find it's SOC limitations but who use them definitely faced issues with speed. No one complains much about speed of DAPs like N8 or Plenue L or M5s or LPGT as they don't do anything other than play music...music only.

But these are Android DAPs which means they are supposed to function like one.

I still don't understand the people who claim they don't have issues with speed of these DAPs when whole lot others do.

It's called denial. Here's the rub, dx160 will run like dx220- a bit choppy, but people will claim it has 'superior' sound compared to the other comparable daps from other manufacturers. So they won't care about the less smoother operation, you know because it sounds better. Yawn.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #149 of 6,983
It's called denial.
It is called enjoying and playing the music vs playing with the screen and going back and forth and timing everything.

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #150 of 6,983
It is called enjoying and playing the music vs playing with the screen and going back and forth and timing everything.

What? Lol I enjoy music immensely on my m11, my m6, my zx300, and even my little ap80. They all ran smoother than my dx220. I don't care really, hey if you think it works fine, that's all that matters.

I came here because I thought the dx160 looked nice, but I'm not getting strictly because it has the same soc as the dx220- which was laggy and choppy enough to bug me, it sounded nice, but so do other daps that run smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back