iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
May 16, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #3,616 of 6,983
Had a bit more time to listen to the 2020 today and besides the elephant in the room (Bluetooth) I definitely feel the audio is a tad better, just seems that little bit more clean and dynamic and possibly showing a bit more detail and resolution because of , wish I had my 2019 to compare/confirm with ... absolutely fantastic really a joy to listen too .

May 17, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #3,617 of 6,983
Hi everybody, is it possible to connect DX160 to LG's WebOs as a DAС via Bluetooth? I tried, but failed, my unit won't detect the DX160. Thank you!

May 17, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #3,619 of 6,983
Hi guys ! Tha the question: why i cant update my Firmware? I have error message in Updater: Verifying Failed, Please check your package !
The error appears both during online update and local update!!!
Did you unzip the first download? You have to unzip it to get to the zip file with the firmware that you will use.

May 17, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #3,621 of 6,983
oh...
OK. But why was there such an error with the online update?
Likely related to the wifi issues with the unit: the weaker the signal the more chances for the download to become corrupted and thus fail CRC check. Given such issues it's best to either a) attempt to run the online update download while you're in the same room as your wifi router or b) download the file on a computer or other device and sideload it to the player.

May 18, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #3,622 of 6,983
Likely related to the wifi issues with the unit: the weaker the signal the more chances for the download to become corrupted and thus fail CRC check. Given such issues it's best to either a) attempt to run the online update download while you're in the same room as your wifi router or b) download the file on a computer or other device and sideload it to the player.
oh no no no. WiFi work is perfect =)
It was very strange... However local update is help

May 18, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #3,623 of 6,983
For anybody who is interested, I just posted a mini review covering in details 2020 DX160 changes, here.

ibasso_dx160-2020-08.jpg

May 19, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #3,624 of 6,983
LG's WebOs

I have a LG TV as well and have not succeeded even one time. I personally think it's the security feature of the DX160 (Pairing code) that isn't compatible with LG OS. As mentioned a few pages back.The Hiby R5 connected with no problems or pairing code. Cell phones connect to the DX160 and can confirm the code.

May 19, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #3,625 of 6,983
I have a LG TV as well and have not succeeded even one time. I personally think it's the security feature of the DX160 (Pairing code) that isn't compatible with LG OS. As mentioned a few pages back.The Hiby R5 connected with no problems or pairing code. Cell phones connect to the DX160 and can confirm the code.
Thank you for your reply, yeah, that's a shame. I also have Fiio BTR5 and it connects to WebOS easily.

May 19, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #3,628 of 6,983
Hello again everyone!
Why when I connect my DX160 in DAC mode to the PC the sound becomes so terrible? It is impossible to listen to him, as if from a bucket. An incomprehensible hum and creaks spoil everything.
At first I thought the player was broken, but my friends have the same problem with this player! Drivers are installed.
From the very beginning, my pc couldn’t connect to the player at all, but when I turned off the mandatory driver signing, the DX160 appeared correctly in the Device Manager, but the sound seemed to be from the garbage! Even the old speakers of a Siemens phone sound better!

May 19, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #3,629 of 6,983
Hello again everyone!
Why when I connect my DX160 in DAC mode to the PC the sound becomes so terrible? It is impossible to listen to him, as if from a bucket. An incomprehensible hum and creaks spoil everything.
At first I thought the player was broken, but my friends have the same problem with this player! Drivers are installed.
From the very beginning, my pc couldn’t connect to the player at all, but when I turned off the mandatory driver signing, the DX160 appeared correctly in the Device Manager, but the sound seemed to be from the garbage! Even the old speakers of a Siemens phone sound better!

You didn't say what version of windows.DX 2019 or 2020? etc my 2019 works perfectly in DAC mode on Windows 10 64bit version 1909

May 20, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #3,630 of 6,983
You didn't say what version of windows.DX 2019 or 2020? etc my 2019 works perfectly in DAC mode on Windows 10 64bit version 1909
Sorry. I have Win10x64 1909 and iBasso DX160 2019
I understand that it looks weird, but I don't want to lie =)
I can repeat my actions:
1) I downloaded and installed the drivers from the iVasso website;
2) Installation was successful and the BRAVO-HD Audio CPL shortcut appeared;
3) I connected my DX160 and activated the DAC mode in Mango Player;
4) My PC detected a device, but with an error in the Device Manager;
5) I wrote to my friend who also has DX160 2019, he said that he has the same problem, he tried for a very long time to solve the problem with connecting the player to the PC. He said that the device is detected without errors only if you disable the mandatory driver signature in Windows (he spent the whole day figuring it out!)
6) I disabled the mandatory driver check on my pc, connected the player again and it connected without errors! I was very happy!
7) When I turned on the music and plugged in my headphones, I heard a terrible sound, a cacophony that attacked my ears!
8) I wrote about this to my friend, he answered me that he also has a problem that we do not know how to solve.
Yes, this sound is not just bad or distorted, it is generally terrible, not a single person can listen to it. I suspect that there is a problem in the software or drivers ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back