iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
May 7, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #3,511 of 6,983
Anybody know of sources for nice, Dignis maybe, leather DX160 Cases?
I only see one on Amazon and would like to see more choice if there are some.
I haven't seen any but the fake leather one. I'm not sure many manufacturers know too much about the DX as it is STILL not even on their website.

May 8, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #3,512 of 6,983
1) Mango player plays numbers first then alphabetically. If you want it by track number, you will need to edit your tags to reflect this. Also make sure you don't have random set as your playback method in options for the app, because once set up that way it is persistant.

2) I can't answer anything about Hiby Player, as I don't use it.

3) Are you sure you have 5ghz band enabled in your router? The router being capable and it being enabled are 2 different things, and must be set up manually (most are off by default). If you are sure it is enabled, maybe wait for it to scan a while longer to find it????

4) If you are talking about Mango Player, you must click the little band at the bottom of the screen (or swipe up from bottom of screen) to bring up the now playing screen.

5) Again I'm not familiar with Hiby Player. Sorry.

Nope, it's free to use. Go here to get it.

I wonder if you are having the same issue I am having with it. It seems to disconnect from the device going to sleep, and will come back on just by turning on the screen and waiting for it to connect. If this is the case, @Paul - iBasso has said they are working on this issue. I think it can be fixed by FW update and is not a hardware issue.
@samandhi
Fot me the wifi disconects after 20-30 sec.and reconnected
I can even watch you tube.
All my devices (phone,laptop,tablet,tv)are just fine...a do not stream.anything but i listrn on you tube some music

But i can't
Sorry for my english

May 8, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #3,514 of 6,983
This issue was discussed long time ago when Google released 8.1
There were some workarounds, below is one of them
https://f-droid.org/app/nl.devluuk.sleepywifi
Note that I do not own DX160 nor any device with Android 8.1. Thus, I cannot tell if above app works nor I can tell you if it is safe to install. Your own risk please.

I would have a look to this link. Thanks

I'm a DX160 2020 owner and i've the wifi problem also.

I've already tried different changed with no luck (every 30min I get the error "failed to connect to server"), in fact this is a know issue with Oreo 8.1 that affected a lot of devices (some have beeing solved with a patch update).

I've tried:
- using a Wake lock app;
- Changing the battery optimization setings;
- Made a factory reset;
- Tested different networks at home (2,4 and 5 Ghz);
- tested also different streaming app: TIDAL and Spotify.

edit: tested Sleepywifi but don't work also, like Wake Lock CPU

Last edited:
May 8, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #3,515 of 6,983

I've already tried different changed with no luck (every 30min I get the error "failed to connect to server"), in fact this is a know issue with Oreo 8.1 that affected a lot of devices (some have beeing solved with a patch update).

I've tried:
- using a Wake lock app;
- Made a factory reset;
How about installing Lurker add-on which enables root and using some Xposed module to keep the wifi awake?

May 8, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #3,516 of 6,983
How about installing Lurker add-on which enables root and using some Xposed module to keep the wifi awake?

I was given some more time to "stock" DX160 ROM, Otherwise I will be in the same routines as i'm with my phone and all the ROM's and sound MOD's (Viper, Dolby, etc...), but yes that is an option, i've read about Luker add-on and purity ROM.

May 8, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #3,517 of 6,983

I've tried:
- using a Wake lock app;
- Made a factory reset;

edit: tested Sleepywifi but don't work also, like Wake Lock CPU
30 min?
Lucky man...i get 30 sec!

May 8, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #3,519 of 6,983
My 2020 is fine so far so it’s an intermittent Problem. Mine is totally stock except I used the installed apkpure app to find Spotify, Sony headphone app which required google play so I found that too. The wifi connection is solid so far and also BT.
I’ll keep mine this way and wait to add Lurkers work so I might be of help somehow. I did enable developer option but no tweaks just unlocked it.

Last edited:
May 8, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #3,520 of 6,983
Think the price on 2019 version will drop below $400?
I’d really only be using it to play files from sd card, and BT to my es100. Is dx dependable for this (excluding well documented BT issues)?

May 8, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #3,521 of 6,983
WOW! I had totally forgotten about xposed modules. I might have to try that and see if it works.

I was given some more time to "stock" DX160 ROM, Otherwise I will be in the same routines as i'm with my phone and all the ROM's and sound MOD's (Viper, Dolby, etc...), but yes that is an option, i've read about Luker add-on and purity ROM.
Already tested Viper and it does not work on the DX160. :frowning2:

Think the price on 2019 version will drop below $400?
I’d really only be using it to play files from sd card, and BT to my es100. Is dx dependable for this (excluding well documented BT issues)?
Yes it is very dependable for playing files from an SD card.

May 8, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #3,522 of 6,983
So I got my 2019 DX160 from a member here today. It has the Fidelizer Advanced ROM on it. Everything works great, except for the fact I can't transfer files from my Mac to the DX160 via USB. I installed Android File Transfer, but every time I plug in the DX160, I get an error message from AFT saying "Reconnect or reboot device". Any suggestions? I don't mind pulling the SD card from the DX160 and putting it in my Mac to transfer music, but I'd rather not have to.

May 9, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #3,523 of 6,983
Got my dx 160 last week and am loving it...I love also the freeedom it gives you ie internet/apps. My question is probably stupid but why do people buy such a high quality sounding hi-res player and then listen to Spotify on it? It’s like buying a Lamborghini and attaching a caravan.

May 9, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #3,524 of 6,983
Got my dx 160 last week and am loving it...I love also the freeedom it gives you ie internet/apps. My question is probably stupid but why do people buy such a high quality sounding hi-res player and then listen to Spotify on it? It’s like buying a Lamborghini and attaching a caravan.
Or for that matter using it to listen to music over BT

May 9, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #3,525 of 6,983
Heh, like this? :ksc75smile:
Caravan & Lamborghini.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back