iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
May 6, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #3,496 of 6,983
Sorry if this has been suggested and doesn’t work but have you guys tried turning off ALL battery optimisation and seeing if it fixes the problem?
Yes, but the normal settings for "keep wifi awake", or whatever it's called has been removed from the wifi settings.

May 6, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #3,498 of 6,983
So just follow directions and install the add on and we’re safe because we can always go back to original firmware and reset. Sounds pretty straight forward. Thanks

May 6, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #3,499 of 6,983
Hopefully they update it in the next FW :p

This issue was discussed long time ago when Google released 8.1
There were some workarounds, below is one of them
https://f-droid.org/app/nl.devluuk.sleepywifi
Note that I do not own DX160 nor any device with Android 8.1. Thus, I cannot tell if above app works nor I can tell you if it is safe to install. Your own risk please.

May 7, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #3,500 of 6,983
Fiio FH7, Dunu DK-2001, Dk-3001 even Dunu DK-4001 ... I personally prefer H40 signature vs those.
Going from your post history, you have never even mentioned these IEMs before. You also have never posted anything about these IEM in their thread. I was looking for an actual comparison between the IEMs, like what the diffrences are and why you actually think they are better. Anyway thank you for your comparison. "They tuned the sound so well"

May 7, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #3,501 of 6,983
1) Mango player plays numbers first then alphabetically. If you want it by track number, you will need to edit your tags to reflect this. Also make sure you don't have random set as your playback method in options for the app, because once set up that way it is persistent.

2) I can't answer anything about Hiby Player, as I don't use it.

3) Are you sure you have 5ghz band enabled in your router? The router being capable and it being enabled are 2 different things, and must be set up manually (most are off by default). If you are sure it is enabled, maybe wait for it to scan a while longer to find it????

4) If you are talking about Mango Player, you must click the little band at the bottom of the screen (or swipe up from bottom of screen) to bring up the now playing screen.

5) Again I'm not familiar with Hiby Player. Sorry.

Nope, it's free to use. Go here to get it.

I wonder if you are having the same issue I am having with it. It seems to disconnect from the device going to sleep, and will come back on just by turning on the screen and waiting for it to connect. If this is the case, @Paul - iBasso has said they are working on this issue. I think it can be fixed by FW update and is not a hardware issue.
thanks for the answers

1) I have all; my files tagged correctly, been doing that for yearsThe files of each track is having format <2 digit track number> + "-" + <Track title>. while tre track tags themselves do not have the track nr in them. e.g Tag = "Hotel California", and filename = "01-Hotel California". No problem, I will click on the album before starting the song.

2) I am using the 5G band on my iPad and iPhone, so yes it is definitely present :relaxed:

4) was used to have that done automatically, I will get used to it I guess.

BT not tested yet, I don't have a BT headset, WIFI is to early to tell other that wifi range is poor.
No rattle in my 2020 version.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #3,502 of 6,983
I used BT headphones tonite while streaming Spotify over wifi....no glitches, no interruption over like 3 hour time frame.

May 7, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #3,503 of 6,983
@eclein Out of interest what BT headphones are you using and what connection type are you using?

I had Sony Wh1000xm3 for a short while connected using LDAC and noticed no issues, got rid of the headphones due to faults with two pairs and use B&W PX7 now which connect using Aptx HD and get some glitches (seems much improved since last FW update). Just wondering if the Aptx HD connection could be the issue.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #3,504 of 6,983
Going from your post history, you have never even mentioned these IEMs before. You also have never posted anything about these IEM in their thread. I was looking for an actual comparison between the IEMs, like what the differences are and why you actually think they are better. Anyway, thank you for your comparison. "They tuned the sound so well"

That's only because it's something recent from my listening session at a friend's place that owns them. I actually just ordered the H40 as a result and just got my DHL tracking # from Penon.

H40 does Low end better, mids are a little forward, and treble is excellent/airy without being harsh.excellent for long listening sessions.FH7 was close but I think it's treble sounds a little artificial and I don't like its lean bass.....The DUNU IEMs just don't do the low-end justice.

At the end of the day, we all like different sound signatures. Get what your audiophile ear likes the most. Stay safe.

May 7, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #3,505 of 6,983
@eclein Out of interest what BT headphones are you using and what connection type are you using?
Sony noise canceling headphones XM3 but I don’t remember the connection type sorry.

May 7, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #3,507 of 6,983

I had Sony Wh1000xm3 for a short while connected using LDAC and noticed no issues, got rid of the headphones due to faults with two pairs and use B&W PX7 now which connect using Aptx HD and get some glitches (seems much improved since last FW update). Just wondering if the Aptx HD connection could be the issue.
Not sure how helpful I could be with your investigation, but I use Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wireless. It only uses AptX not AptX HD though. I have no issues with these other than range which is not horrible, but not good either. Otherwise, they are very stable.

May 7, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #3,510 of 6,983
Anybody know of sources for nice, Dignis maybe, leather DX160 Cases?
I only see one on Amazon and would like to see more choice if there are some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back