iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Feb 12, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #2,701 of 6,983
What's the average amount of playtime, or ownage time, before you would consider replacing the battery? We talking months, or years here? Just curious what I can expect from a battery out of a DAP like this, being my first "expensive" music player....

Just like a phone, it is going to depending largely on how well you take care of the battery in it. But, in general I would say anywhere from 2 to 7 years. For instance, if you discharge it to about 50% you can turn it off and store it for the better part of 5 years without too much deterioration. If you run it to completely dead every day, it will probably only last about 2 years. I have a Note 4 that I bought when it first came out in 2014. I have never changed the battery, and it still lasts most of a day (granted I no longer have cell service with it, but I use it on wifi all the time).

I haven't seen the specs on the battery in this device, but as a general, you can look at about 500 cycles (that is what I found for the DX200). So, don't be afraid to charge it before it gets low, it doesn't count as a cycle.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #2,702 of 6,983
Don't tell me you already took it apart, or broke it? heh
Well, here it is
DB20319C-5CD6-4D33-847F-FE3753E832D3.jpeg

Feb 13, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #2,705 of 6,983
DX160 glass Back is like impossible to open without breaking it. I don’t know how user can swap the battery when needed. Unless sending back To Ibasso ?

I would think that for a more user friendly battery replacement, the back should be Real Fiberglass or some quality plastic piece with some glues would do the job.
It's not a glass back cover it's actually plastic. I took of the back cover to try to enhance the wifi, bt coverage.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #2,708 of 6,983
Okay didn't know they cut corners and there...
I don’t think I would call it a “cut corner”. The back panel should be plastic in order to remove it easier for servicing. Perhaps the earlier product runs were with glass back and then got swapped out for plastic back, which is better

Feb 13, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #2,709 of 6,983
Now the iBasso DX160 is exchanged for a FIIO M11 from the dealer because of the WLAN problems and now Audirvana works with Neutron Player without dropouts on the M11.
The FIIO M11 is a bit better in sound, but the iBasso DX160 has more power.

So be it now I will stay with the FIIO M11 with the FIIO FH7

Feb 13, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #2,710 of 6,983
The FIIO M11 is a bit better in sound, but the iBasso DX160 has more power.

I felt the other way ...i sold my m11 because it hissed way more than the dx160 and also it's not as spacious sounding , it has the width but not the depth, also m11 is bordering on the bright side for me so with certain pairings it wasnt so good (s6 rui and er4xr) ...but it has to be said it's still a great sounding dap and build , firmware wifi, bluetooth are certainly more solid .

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #2,711 of 6,983
I felt the other way ...i sold my m11 because it hissed way more than the dx160 and also it's not as spacious sounding , it has the width but not the depth, also m11 is bordering on the bright side for me so with certain pairings it wasnt so good (s6 rui and er4xr) ...but it has to be said it's still a great sounding dap and build , firmware wifi, bluetooth are certainly more solid .

I think it is safe to say that any of the current comparable DAPs are all outstanding. The differences are small enough that I think it comes down to preference. I would be proud to own any one of them, and wouldn't have buyer's remorse at all.

I have always gone with Fiio in the past, and I love their devices, I just dont like how quickly they abandon them, so thought I would give the iBasso a try, and so far I'm happy. I guess down the road, maybe I'll have to try the Hiby experience.

Feb 13, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #2,712 of 6,983
I think it is safe to say that any of the current comparable DAPs are all outstanding. The differences are small enough that I think it comes down to preference. I would be proud to own any one of them, and wouldn't have buyer's remorse at all.

I have always gone with Fiio in the past, and I love their devices, I just dont like how quickly they abandon them, so thought I would give the iBasso a try, and so far I'm happy. I guess down the road, maybe I'll have to try the Hiby experience.

Personally I feel the dx160 audio is better than m11, depth , stage the lows and the highs..from owning dx200 amp8 to hiby r6pro i feel it's easily touching those boundaries ....the m11 is good no question but for me because of the hiss and the lack of depth and it being a bit too sterile/leaning towards the brighter side then pairing can be a factor, dont find this with the dx160 its just the right side of musical so most of what I have owned or own sounds great.

Feb 13, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #2,713 of 6,983

Exactly one of the reasons why I switched over to Ibasso.
I was fed up with the approved apps to install or not.
Just when I made the conclusion to switch they ditched that restriction.

And tested SE and balanced with some IEM's. But definitely balanced has better sound... Wider and of course lower ends are more present.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back