iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 30, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #2,581 of 6,983
I am using a SIM Tray eject tool from my smartphones to take out the microSD cards. I tend to always keep one in my wallet just in case.

As for your question about the PO vs LO, you can't really compare them unless you connect the LO to an external amplifier, it isn't made to directly drive IEMs or headphones.

When it is connected to an external amplifier, it really depends on what you connect it to, but I would use DX160 as the main DAC in a large system , and I use it as a DAC for Feliks Euforia , for example, situation in which the DAC is really capable, despite the DAC not being a Desktop ESS PRO chip like the one in DX220, I still find DX160 to have really good overall detail, clarity and staging :)
So for PO vs LO does it change the sound or each is totally different application. Right now I use PO for both headphone and connected analogue to my car stereo (which I guess is like an external amp). Should I use LO to external amp ?

I got the official manual by writing to Ibasso, which I cannot find much about PO/LO though maybe I just missed it.

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX160usermanuel.pdf

Jan 31, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #2,582 of 6,983
So for PO vs LO does it change the sound or each is totally different application. Right now I use PO for both headphone and connected analogue to my car stereo (which I guess is like an external amp). Should I use LO to external amp ?

I got the official manual by writing to Ibasso, which I cannot find much about PO/LO though maybe I just missed it.

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX160usermanuel.pdf

On paper the LO is supposed to be cleaner, but from what I have read here, there isn't much (noticeable) difference between the 2. I haven't used it as of yet. It seems that you can use volume control and EQ on either output, which seems weird to me.

I read the whole manual, and you are right, I didn't find much about it either. It doesn't seem to go into much depth about anything really.

Jan 31, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #2,584 of 6,983
Audiosense T800. Flagship model. I paired up with ISN C16 copper cable. U won't be disappointed.

Can you describe the type of sound signature these have with the DX160? I am pretty much sold that these match the type of sound I like, but want to make sure they remain that type with this DAP. From what I have read, they SEEM to be a perfect fit (their sound sig) with the DX160 sound sig.

Also, I am somewhat worried about the size (I have no place to look at nor audition these). I have read that some have issues with these being too big. I have pretty small ears. Put it this way, the Sennheiser Momentum 1 fit over my ears very comfortably, where a lot of people complained about them being more like on-ear, than over-ear (what they are supposed to be). I also use the smallest tips on all of my IEMs. Do you think this would be a problem with these?

Also, would you know where I might be able to get these in the US? I can't seem to find anyplace that has them that doesn't take 1 to 2 weeks just to ship, which means about a month to get them.

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #2,585 of 6,983
Does anyone knows how to take a screenshot with DX160?
I tried these but nothing happened.
power + volume wheel up
power + volume wheel down
power + previous
power + next
three-finger gesture

If you want to take a screenshot then go to Settings - Screenshot and press 15-30 sec and switch to what you want to record.
After 15-30 seconds a screenshot will be taken automatically!
You will see that the time runs out in the lower left corner!
Greeting

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #2,586 of 6,983
Screenshot iBasso DX160.png

Screenshot Settings Works Fine

If you want to take a screenshot then go to Settings - Screenshot and press 15-30 sec and switch to what you want to record.
After 15-30 seconds a screenshot will be taken automatically!
You will see that the time runs out in the lower left corner!
Greeting

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #2,587 of 6,983
On paper the LO is supposed to be cleaner, but from what I have read here, there isn't much (noticeable) difference between the 2. I haven't used it as of yet. It seems that you can use volume control and EQ on either output, which seems weird to me.

I read the whole manual, and you are right, I didn't find much about it either. It doesn't seem to go into much depth about anything really.
It appears the LO is mainly for external amp, per ibasso team. I tried using LO for my car stereo and there may be slight better SQ, cleaner, more well defined but not really sure. However with LO, it appears I can increase the volume of the ibasso to max when connected to the car stereo without clipping. This may be the purpose of LO.

Feb 1, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #2,588 of 6,983
It appears the LO is mainly for external amp, per ibasso team. I tried using LO for my car stereo and there may be slight better SQ, cleaner, more well defined but not really sure. However with LO, it appears I can increase the volume of the ibasso to max when connected to the car stereo without clipping. This may be the purpose of LO.

That is good to know. I was wondering if maxxing the volume was "proper" or not. To be safe I was going to go with 75-80% volume on the DAP. With my older Fiio DAPs, using LO, the volume was automatically set to max, and you couldn't vary this (or add any EQ, or sound signature change). To see this on the DX160 almost makes me think that it isn't actually bypassing the PO circuit for the cleaner LO circuit. Or, at the very least that they are in series with one another.

Feb 1, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #2,589 of 6,983
That is good to know. I was wondering if maxxing the volume was "proper" or not. To be safe I was going to go with 75-80% volume on the DAP. With my older Fiio DAPs, using LO, the volume was automatically set to max, and you couldn't vary this (or add any EQ, or sound signature change). To see this on the DX160 almost makes me think that it isn't actually bypassing the PO circuit for the cleaner LO circuit. Or, at the very least that they are in series with one another.
It may sound better if you don't max out the volume of ibasso. I have not figured out what is the best sound yet for the LO mode. In the past with PO mode I was doing about 75-80% which seems to sound best. I think just need to play around with the volume a bit and figure it out.

Feb 2, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #2,591 of 6,983
there is any chance to.set L.O or P.O in mango mode with @Lurker0 add-on?

!Sax

I don't use it, but if it is done that way on the DX220, I'm pretty sure (unless it is one of the things broken in the port) that it can be done on the DX160 also.

Feb 2, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #2,592 of 6,983
There is still slight clipping using LO mode if I crank the vol to max. I am not sure if that is an issue with my car stereo or normal this way. I have now reverted back to Vol 75-80%. I am still not sure of LO is better than PO for external amp.

Feb 3, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #2,593 of 6,983
Guys does dx160 supports 990k LDAC? Is it stable or there are some cutouts?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #2,594 of 6,983
There is still slight clipping using LO mode if I crank the vol to max. I am not sure if that is an issue with my car stereo or normal this way. I have now reverted back to Vol 75-80%. I am still not sure of LO is better than PO for external amp.

Funny thing is: using my Momentum 2.0 wireless out of usb audio out from the DX160, the volume is fixed. But, this is also bypassing the android software and using UAPP.

Guys does dx160 supports 990k LDAC? Is it stable or there are some cutouts?

Sorry, I have no knowledge of the quality that LDAC is able to stream on this device. I have heard that the Bluetooth can be touch and go (and has a short range) with connections using Aptx-HD and LDAC. All my Bluetooth gear is just AptX so incapable of streaming that high of a bandwidth.

I DO know that on the android settings, under developer options, you can choose the quality of the stream for both AptX-HD and LDAC (though it gives no actual numbers).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back