iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #2,372 of 6,983
Does Dx160 support bit-perfect playback right across the software platform irrespective of the audio apps, just like HiBy R5?

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #2,373 of 6,983
Jan 20, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #2,374 of 6,983
It is not possible: if an app does not output bit perfect stream, you can't enforce it. Yes for compatible apps.

HiBy R5 does not :wink:

Spotify is an compatible apps?

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #2,375 of 6,983
Jan 20, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #2,376 of 6,983
Just received this player and installed the latest firmware.
Also installed UAPP which I think sounds a bit better than the stock player.
Having moved up from Shanling M0 and Hidizs AP80 I'm delighted in the upgrade in sound quality.
One thing though I'm concerned with the Wi-Fi. I've installed Amazon Music HD on trial basis but I can't stream anything.
My BT hub is just in the next room and have no problems with TV, tablet, phone, Nvidia Shield and Now TV stick (not all at once, obviously).
It also takes ages to download any app updates via Google Play Store (my preferred store).
Is the Wi-Fi that poor on this player cause I though it would just be like my tablet and phone in that instance?

Jan 20, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #2,377 of 6,983
Having moved up from Shanling M0 and Hidizs AP80 I'm delighted in the upgrade in sound quality.
One thing though I'm concerned with the Wi-Fi. I've installed Amazon Music HD on trial basis but I can't stream anything.
My BT hub is just in the next room and have no problems with TV, tablet, phone, Nvidia Shield and Now TV stick (not all at once, obviously).
It also takes ages to download any app updates via Google Play Store (my preferred store).
Is the Wi-Fi that poor on this player cause I though it would just be like my tablet and phone in that instance?

I think the WiFi strength icon implementation is rather poor. 2 bars on wifi4 is the same on wifi5.
It's just the way you look at it. Because two bars on WiFi5 has higher speeds than wifi4 2bars

So it's better to have it connected with WiFi5 of you router supports.

Jan 20, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #2,378 of 6,983
I should explain that I have already separated my WiFi into 2.4Ghz and 5GHz to make sure I can always select the fastest option. Particularly useful for Netflix and Amazon Prime.
The 5Ghz option on the ibasso only comes up when I stand next to the door.
This really poor WiFi could be a deal breaker for me as hi-res music streaming might be my preferred way of listening in the near future.

Jan 20, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #2,379 of 6,983
I should explain that I have already separated my WiFi into 2.4Ghz and 5GHz to make sure I can always select the fastest option. Particularly useful for Netflix and Amazon Prime.
The 5Ghz option on the ibasso only comes up when I stand next to the door.
This really poor WiFi could be a deal breaker for me as hi-res music streaming might be my preferred way of listening in the near future.

Just make a WiFi Guest ssid set it up for only 5ghz and connect the DX160. This way it's forced to connect on 5ghz.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #2,380 of 6,983
Just make a WiFi Guest ssid set it up for only 5ghz and connect the DX160. This way it's forced to connect on 5ghz.
I already have. I connected to the 5Ghz Wi-Fi right next to the hub and then walked back into the other room.
It's holding steady and we'll see how that holds for hi-res streaming.
If it does all good but if no I'll need to look for a dap with good WiFi reception like most tablets and phones have as standard.
Many thanks for replying so quick and taking an interest.
All the best.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #2,382 of 6,983
MQA files sounds incredible on the DX160.
Thumbs up Ibasso!! Mango player is the only player which completely unfolds the higher resolutions.
I know there is a lot of controversy on MQA. But I can hardly tell if it's a DSD or MQA file. DSD is yet more detailed but never the less.

UAPP stucks at 96khz at certain files. While Mango plays it at 192khz.

I guess well known site but here some test files.
http://www.2l.no/hires/

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #2,384 of 6,983
Has anybody reverted back to firmware 1.03.123 in order to upgrade to the lurker advanced ROM? Just struggling to get the older firmware onto the DX160. Currently running latest firmware with lurker add on. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back