iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 17, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #1,591 of 6,983
This reviewer talks about the WiFi and screen touch noises:

He says he has tested 2 different units, and both have the same problems.

I think all units have the same problems, but only those who have extremely sensitive IEMs are noticing them.

Nov 17, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #1,593 of 6,983
Yes I did, but it is just to use the buttons where the screen is off. But buttons works with Mango app only, not Spotify.
That's pretty weird, because my buttons work with Spotify even while the Mango player run's in the background. I am using Spotify with the version/build 8.5.24.762. The issue could be the version, and a reinstall could help you.

Nov 17, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #1,594 of 6,983

I think all units have the same problems, but only those who have extremely sensitive IEMs are noticing them.

Doesn't get more sensitive along with lower impedance than Andro and Solaris, yet I didn't experience noise problem. I mean, sure there is also Zeus and a few other candidates, but these CA iems are common culprits.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #1,595 of 6,983
Doesn't get more sensitive along with lower impedance than Andro and Solaris, yet I didn't experience noise problem. I mean, sure there is also Zeus and a few other candidates, but these CA iems are common culprits.

It's not lower impedance, more likely higher sensitivity. My highest sensitivity iem affected but not lower impedance.
But i really disappointed for this ibasso, no word from ibasso official about this problem. I just hope i can refund this dx160, because ibasso like don't care about this problem or they customer. However I really like the sound.

Nov 17, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #1,596 of 6,983
iBasso have said they are looking into it, and have been responding:

4B7E435E-57D2-4A2D-8A27-E01DE56986DF.jpeg 99034540-369D-4126-85B8-D8E4FA93151A.jpeg 6EF3F863-E2DA-450B-B74E-0361B2E142F0.jpeg 38B28453-D2CB-425A-BFF4-CFEDD2D6DFA6.jpeg 6FA65CE6-FAD6-480E-B565-823190EBB456.jpeg 3A7C1531-2B4B-42F8-B0CB-24A571DB4BBB.jpeg

iBasso (and DX160 users) probably wants this sorted as soon as possible - and no doubt will report back on the BT and Wifi questions/issues when they have identified what is the issue, or not. And have something concrete to present after their testing.

Head-fiers who have been on the other iBasso threads knows iBasso looks after their customers and do their best to attend to any issues asap.

BT - Not sure what is happening there. I have not done extensive tests myself. Leaving that up to iBasso.

Wifi - no doubt they are testing this also. I could find no issue with my device.

Hissing/waterfall sound. Reports indict the usual suspects: sensitive IEMs. (But typically not with some other not as sensitive IEMs/headphones).
*Even though Overall the DX160 has quite a low floor noise.

Anyway. I guess for now we wait until the tests are done by the engineers and then get a report.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #1,597 of 6,983

The noises described by the reviewer is the exact thing I'm experiencing with my unit.
Anyway, iBasso is looking into it and will most likely get back to us once they have a definite answer. It's fine with me, I can wait.

Nov 17, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #1,598 of 6,983
It's not lower impedance, more likely higher sensitivity. My highest sensitivity iem affected but not lower impedance.
But i really disappointed for this ibasso, no word from ibasso official about this problem. I just hope i can refund this dx160, because ibasso like don't care about this problem or they customer. However I really like the sound.

I didn't say lower impedance iems are affected. I just did a general description of the two usual Campfire Audio suspects, such as Andro and Solaris, which have higher sensitivity and lower impedance.

If you are experiencing a problem, you need to request a replacement under warranty. Manufacturer needs to study returned units if they can't replicate the problem with their new production ones.

And as it was mentioned above, based on the history of their previous releases, ibasso was never shy to admit the problem in the past. I'm not making excuses for them, and I don't think they are in denial. Let's just hope they figure out soon what's going on.

Nov 17, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #1,599 of 6,983

iBasso (and DX160 users) probably wants this sorted as soon as possible - and no doubt will report back on the BT and Wifi questions/issues when they have identified what is the issue, or not. And have something concrete to present after their testing.

Head-fiers who have been on the other iBasso threads knows iBasso looks after their customers and do their best to attend to any issues asap.

BT - Not sure what is happening there. I have not done extensive tests myself. Leaving that up to iBasso.

Wifi - no doubt they are testing this also. I could find no issue with my device.

Hissing/waterfall sound. Reports indict the usual suspects: sensitive IEMs. (But typically not with some other not as sensitive IEMs/headphones).

Anyway. I guess for now we wait until the tests are done by the engineers and then get a report.

With BT it is not just a matter of range it is a matter of not working properly at all, even just a short distance from receiver/headphones. I have been using Bluetooth receivers and headphones for a very long time and I know what truly faulty is. There are quite few Bluetooth failures out there. That is just reality. It would be lovely to have a fully functional DX160, but some of us will never have one because one retailer I know has big problems due to Bluetooth returns and they are trying to address the problem. Will Paul solve the problems? The truth will show its face eventually.

Nov 17, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #1,600 of 6,983
I didn't say lower impedance iems are affected. I just did a general description of the two usual Campfire Audio suspects, such as Andro and Solaris, which have higher sensitivity and lower impedance.

If you are experiencing a problem, you need to request a replacement under warranty. Manufacturer needs to study returned units if they can't replicate the problem with their new production ones.

And as it was mentioned above, based on the history of their previous releases, ibasso was never shy to admit the problem in the past. I'm not making excuses for them, and I don't think they are in denial. Let's just hope they figure out soon what's going on.

Already try contact the store where i buy it. It has no demo unit i can compare or replacement unit (all unit is sold righ now). l waiting them have other dx160 to try compare it.

Nov 17, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #1,602 of 6,983

It's all good and well quoting these Ibasso we are looking into it quotes but when they say we haven't experienced the WiFi issue and we use class 2 Bluetooth and it should work just less distance really isn't the answer...
Or have you tried a braided cable...
Although they state we are working with BT manufacturers.
Well let's have an update then??

Truth is that whilst some Dx160 may work there are now regular occurrence of one's exhibiting issues.

I have always got on and listened to the reviewers like yourself but in this instance how about you donate your review samples they were given free I believe, that seem to have no issue and work to people who've had issue or the shops/sellers who have returned ones and sitting on faulty stock whilst Ibasso state there is no issue.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #1,603 of 6,983
Ok just reporting in between flights. I used the Sony WF-1000XM3 on my flight with the DX160 as the source and during flight no issues at all. Now that I'm at the airport (Denver), the AAC (sound priority) connection is stuttering and cutting more often, especially if I turn my head even at a couple feet away max. Putting the IEMs into connection priority mode (still on AAC), I dont have any connection issues.

I assume the BT issues for me now are that I'm at a crowded airport with a lot of radio traffic in a small place.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #1,604 of 6,983
We continue to look into the issue some are having with BT. I don't have much to add. I would suggest that if BT is a primary or needed function, that the DX160 may not be a dap for you at this time.

We have worked with the manufacture of the BT/Wifi chip and have used this same chip for some time without issue. But right now, we still have no resolution. We very recently got back two units that had the BT issue. We tested them hoping to find out the issue but they worked without a problem. Waling around, distance all worked! Good? Not really because we want to know the issue and these work so we will continue to work on this. Also the Antenna is custom made for the DX160 by a company we have used in the past. It is made for 2.4GHz and 5GHz and made to work in the environment of the DX160 case. The best BT I have tested is the iPhone 11 Pro. It was a phone suggested by a user here and so I got one just to test and Apple knows how to do it but they have the R&D to make sure the chip manufacture does it right for them and can make custom chips. I am making no excuses and we continue to try to find out what is going on but if BT is the major and needed feature you need, I suggest for right now for the DX160, you listen to one first to make sure the BT fits your needs as many people have no issue and some do. For all other functions, I don't think the DX160 has any rivals at the price point.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back