iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 24, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #751 of 6,983
Hello headfiers! I am a new poster here (even tho I have lurked since 2013)...

I very much appreciate your enthusiasm, wisdom and love of music!

Was thinking about upgrading to the dx160, Hiby 5, or Filo11.

Does anyone know which of these 3 (dx160, Hiby 5, or Filo11) is more powerful in their fixed amp stage?

for single ended output,
for balanced output,
for the line out

The fixed amp stage power is important to me. Thank you for any light anyone could shed with comparisons.

(My Russian Blue cat says hello and thank you to Lurker0 for his firmware and help)

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #752 of 6,983
Wondering how the sound quality compares to ifi xDSD since they are at the same price point? I like the sq of xDSD but currently unsure whether picking that over dx160 would be a better choice?

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #753 of 6,983
Wondering how the sound quality compares to ifi xDSD since they are at the same price point? I like the sq of xDSD but currently unsure whether picking that over dx160 would be a better choice?

It seems like the choice is using your smartphone for transport to the xDSD or using a dedicated dac without having to stack.

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #754 of 6,983
It seems like the choice is using your smartphone for transport to the xDSD or using a dedicated dac without having to stack.

Either way I will have to carry both my phone and the dap/dac amp to work so it really comes down to sound quality differences for me :)

Oct 24, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #755 of 6,983
OK guys. It seems lots of people have problems running Amazon HD streaming on the FiiO M9 and M11. How does the DX160 run Amazon Music latest HD verson. Really appreciate an answer as my DX160 will be coming soon.

Oct 24, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #756 of 6,983
Either way I will have to carry both my phone and the dap/dac amp to work so it really comes down to sound quality differences for me :)

True, but with a dac, it can be in your pocket and you can use your phone un-tethered. With the xDSD, you would have it connected to your phone when using your phone. Of course, it has bluetooth too, so the xDSD can also stay in your pocket.

I will be interested in this as well, since I am looking at both the xDSD and the DX160 along with a couple of other daps.

Oct 24, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #758 of 6,983
Just checked my email and the 160 has arrived. Will be fun tonight. Its been awhile since I've purchased a a new dap. My questions to the experience dap owners. Whats my first move?
Transfer flac files from my laptop?
Figure out where the Tidal music app is located?
Or what?
Thanks for you thoughts.

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #760 of 6,983
Just checked my email and the 160 has arrived. Will be fun tonight. Its been awhile since I've purchased a a new dap. My questions to the experience dap owners. Whats my first move?
Transfer flac files from my laptop?
Figure out where the Tidal music app is located?
Or what?
Thanks for you thoughts.

Try it out with your favorite tracks to get an initial feel for it and then start the burn in.

Oct 24, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #762 of 6,983
Thanks, just dawned on me. I have a sd card in my Fiio. I should be able to pull it out and insert into the new dx160.

Hey Luke, congrats! First make sure that the device has the latest firmware on it. Then I would load a microSD card with some FLAC files and plug in your favorite headphones! Enjoy playing with her tonight!

Oct 24, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #763 of 6,983
Hey Luke, congrats! First make sure that the device has the latest firmware on it. Then I would load a microSD card with some FLAC files and plug in your favorite headphones! Enjoy playing with her tonight!
Thanks. I just went to their web site. Under downloads there were no firmware for the 160. Would it be fair to say.. The one it comes with, is the latest ?

Oct 24, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #764 of 6,983
Is it dark blue, or light blue?

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #765 of 6,983
The one it comes with, is the latest ?

mine did not, had to update it. official firmware 1.01.084 was downloaded using the update tool in the android settings menu. This is the most recent as far as I know. hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back