iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 22, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #706 of 6,983
I'm talking about Audiophonics.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #707 of 6,983
Yeah headphoniak is taking a nice margin there...

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #709 of 6,983
it's the VAT, i dont think in Spain will be available much cheaper...:frowning2:

Yeah I know same here (VAT) usually not getting hit when ordering from iBasso.com though

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #710 of 6,983
I'm curious if anyone has tried using the new Amazon Music HD service with their DX160. I'd like to know if you can play their ultra HD tracks (24 bit 196khz) without any problems and most importantly, are you able to download the tracks for offline play? There is also the question of whether you can store the high resolution tracks on a micro SD card for offline play, or whether the Amazon Music Application forces you to use the internal device storage for this.

I'm currently using Amazon Music HD with my office setup and I think its going to be (if not already) the best high resolution streaming service on the market. I have retired my Tidal subscription and couldn't be happier. Taking the Amazon service mobile with my DAP is a very big deal for me, so I'm looking for concrete answers before I buy a DX160, Fiio M11, Shanling M6 or a Hiby R5 or R6 Pro. I'm leaning heavily towards the DX160, but I need confirmation on the Amazon Music HD play before I pull the trigger.

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #712 of 6,983
just ordered a blue DX160 from Moon.. 2 day shipping .

I wouldn't have chosen blue for myself, but when I saw it in person, I was very glad Paul sent this color. It's captivating.

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #713 of 6,983
I've owned numerous Fiio products, and always liked them.
I just ordered my first Ibasso. The DX160.
I hope you guys are correct that. The Ibasso 160 can compete with the Fiio M11. Thanks for your help.

You're going to be really pleasantly surprised Luke!

I just finished A/Bing Black Sabbath's Heaven and Hell with the Meze Rai Penta's on the DX160 vs the DX220EX + AMP8EX and I have to say it...the DX160 sounded better. More "alive", punchier, in your face. Sounded fantastic!

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #715 of 6,983
You're going to be really pleasantly surprised Luke!

I just finished A/Bing Black Sabbath's Heaven and Hell with the Meze Rai Penta's on the DX160 vs the DX220EX + AMP8EX and I have to say it...the DX160 sounded better. More "alive", punchier, in your face. Sounded fantastic!

0_0 woaaaa! That is a huge statement

Oct 22, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #716 of 6,983
Headphoniaks says that it is available but it is 449€, more expensive than other sellers.

I did the preorder on andavancedmp3.co.uk and paid it about 390€, but it's in late and I don't really now when I'll receive it.

I bought also the iBasso IT01S with iBasso adapter CA02, because IT01S has got only balanced 2.5mm and a 3.5mm SE adapter.

I chose both blue to make the combo... hope to post some pictures asap.

Thanks to @PinkyPowers for those pictures that confirm me to have chosen the right colour.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #717 of 6,983
i'm curious: why is that?

There are several reasons I decided to bag Tidal. 1) I'm not a fan of the principal owner, Jay-Z. 2) Amazon is offering a lot of music in what they call "ultra HD" format. That would be 24 bit and 192 khz. 3) I prefer the GUI that Amazon uses and its search function works great. 4) The music collection is I believe already larger than Tidal's and is constantly growing. Last but not least, the service is being offered at a price ($12.99 single, 19.99 family) significantly lower than Tidal ($19.99 single, 29.99 family). Oh, and the streaming and sound quality on Amazon HD are excellent.

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #718 of 6,983
There are several reasons I decided to bag Tidal. 1) I'm not a fan of the principal owner, Jay-Z. 2) Amazon is offering a lot of music in what they call "ultra HD" format. That would be 24 bit and 192 khz. 3) I prefer the GUI that Amazon uses and its search function works great. 4) The music collection is I believe already larger than Tidal's and is constantly growing. Last but not least, the service is being offered at a price ($12.99 single, 19.99 family) significantly lower than Tidal ($19.99 single, 29.99 family). Oh, and the streaming and sound quality on Amazon HD are excellent.
Tidal's "Master Quality" (MQA) caps out at 24 bit 96khz and you must have an MQA compatible player. Amazon does not use the MQA scheme and if your player/ converter can handle 24/192khz, then you're good to go.

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #719 of 6,983
0_0 woaaaa! That is a huge statement

Believe me I know Vince! I've been A/Bing all day. That is one song that it's pretty "in your face" better. Don't get me wrong, my Test Music playlist sounds great on both devices, 95% of the tracks sound better on the DX220EX+AMP8EX...but that other 5%....

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #720 of 6,983

Tidal's "Master Quality" (MQA) caps out at 24 bit 96khz and you must have an MQA compatible player. Amazon does not use the MQA scheme and if your player/ converter can handle 24/192khz, then you're good to go.

So I'm waiting for the iBasso DX160 from AMP3. Hopefully I will get it about the end of October. I'm migrating from a FiiO M9. Amazon HD won't play music on my M9 using the Amazon Music App, I don't think the processor can handle the Amazon App's way of streaming. So I'm using Amazon HD on my Samsung S9 Exynos on a 90 day free trial. I have a paid for Spotify account which is 320 kbps OGG streaming. The Amazon at their HD quality is about 850 kilobits. It's really hard to tell the difference for me with 320 Ogg Spotify. I'm sure the day will come when all my old fashioned rock albums will be put out at absolute master quality but Spotify at 320 kbps and Amazon at CD quality 850 kbps are not different enough for my ears and brain. They sound the same to me. I still need to do some more listening but at the moment they both sound great. I'm sure in the future, because of lots of memory, processor speed and recording quality, it will become academic as everything will be recorded totally pure in every respect. Maybe someone can test 320 Spotify vs 850 Amazon HD on the DX160.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back