iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 21, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #663 of 6,983
Since the 160 does MQA. Does this mean. Tidals MQA files will be played properly.

If hardware supports MQA decoding, it should work with Tidal as well (based on what I read). I only have access to MQA files which I confirmed with DX160, don't have Tidal subscription; perhaps someone can chime in to confirm this.

Oct 21, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #664 of 6,983
Oct 21, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #666 of 6,983
The DX160 is a great piece of "mid-fi". Does it sound as good as the DX220 stock. IMHO no. But is it a slamming player for the money? Yes absolutely. It handles every headphone I've thrown at it, and every IEM I've thrown at it amazingly. But then again, I'm specifically "not" comparing it to the DX220 as they are different animals. I think the sound coming from the DX160 has a really great foot-tapping musicality that beats other DAP's in it's price range. I love that it's pocket-friendly, that the wifi works flawlessly for me, and that my Test Music tracks...all FLAC and WAV play without a hitch.

Oct 22, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #668 of 6,983
Просто фото :)

Wbfwy6Rna8s.jpg

qIlR9LOM0M8.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #669 of 6,983
Comparing dx160 single ended to dx150 amp 7 I'm definitely getting a little more width. Biggest difference is the tonality, which I previously described. Second biggest difference is the stage height. There's an arch just above my head where the sound follows when panning left right effect happens. Compared to dx157 which travels in a straight line through the center of my head.

The timbre of cymbals is much more pleasant than dx157. And the image seems a bit more laser focused. Each note is precise and lacking of all haziness or diffuse tendencies. Yet there is no metallic sharpness and it's smooth. Resolving of low level detail is very good. Just clean and pleasant!

Dynamics are good too. But I find I need to turn it up a bit louder than I normally listen to really get the best range of amplitudes. But I listen soft, so most normal volume should be good with dynamics.

Oct 22, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #672 of 6,983
Anyone tried the line out of the dx160. Hows the spundstage?
I use the DX160 as a source on a regular basis now and love it. I use it with the Jade II and the LTA Z10e with the Voce and the Abyss (latest version). The sound at times is magical, depending on the recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back