iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Aug 25, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #91 of 6,983
By lag i mean the slouchy UI experience...
I don't have that either. I scan a card and it is in the DX. I then go to whatever I want, it is fast and there is no lag, I then go to the album, go to the song and hit play. It all is very responsive. I would make a video but don't feel like it right now, maybe later. When I go to other parts of Android, no problems on speed or response. Right now I am using Pure Mango, no problems. Sounds excellent also going through the LTA Z10e amp to my Newform Research R645s. Good stuff. Damn, even my wife gets into it. lol As long as I play music she likes!

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #92 of 6,983
I don't have that either. I scan a card and it is in the DX. I then go to whatever I want, it is fast and there is no lag, I then go to the album, go to the song and hit play. It all is very responsive. I would make a video but don't feel like it right now, maybe later. When I go to other parts of Android, no problems on speed or response. Right now I am using Pure Mango, no problems. Sounds excellent also going through the LTA Z10e amp to my Newform Research R645s. Good stuff. Damn, even my wife gets into it. lol As long as I play music she likes!
Perhaps my expectations were higher and i need to manage them :D

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #93 of 6,983
Perhaps my expectations were higher and i need to manage them :D
I don't know, I often have to manage mine but honestly, I don't notice much difference between my iPhone 8 and the other daps I have. Yes a few of the daps I have are terrible, so much so I won't use them but the DX220, not one of them. And I love the AMP9 and the IT04 on out and about sound. My wife can shop and I just say, please shop some more. lol

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #94 of 6,983
I don't know, I often have to manage mine but honestly, I don't notice much difference between my iPhone 8 and the other daps I have. Yes a few of the daps I have are terrible, so much so I won't use them but the DX220, not one of them. And I love the AMP9 and the IT04 on out and about sound. My wife can shop and I just say, please shop some more. lol
However i cant live with the RK3368 ... The 1 hour i demoed the DX220 i was left underwhelmed. As the same time i was trying out the Hiby R5... very snappy UI though the FW was not the latest one. The difference was right in front of me so there was little to no doubt about the speed and UI performance of the R5 via-a-vis the DX220 (SD425 and RK3368).

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #95 of 6,983
However i cant live with the RK3368 ... The 1 hour i demoed the DX220 i was left underwhelmed. As the same time i was trying out the Hiby R5... very snappy UI though the FW was not the latest one. The difference was right in front of me so there was little to no doubt about the speed and UI performance of the R5 via-a-vis the DX220 (SD425 and RK3368).
I am glad my listening pleasure isn't predicated on what dap might be slightly faster but what one sounds best and that is, for me, the DX220, easily.

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #96 of 6,983
I am glad my listening pleasure isn't predicated on what dap might be slightly faster but what one sounds best and that is, for me, the DX220, easily.
No argument that sound is the top priority but many people use streaming services and other Apps as it's Android, a smoother experience makes it even better. DX220 may be better than DX200, M11 may not sound as great but at half the price it offers better user experience.

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #99 of 6,983
@Paul - iBasso any comment on this?

Maybe the answer lies in the price?

One very important factor with the DX150 (and DX200/220) is the ability to change amp modules. DX150 with AMP8 is a different animal than stock DX150. AMP8 raise the sound quality noticeable. How much will always be subjective but I hear a noticeable difference. I don't think DX160 will reach this level, but of course I don't know I haven't heard DX160.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #102 of 6,983
DX160 seems like an upgrade to DX120 (rather to the DX150) with no interchangeable amps. The slow chipset was an expected disappointment for me and the gold volume wheel looks a bit cheesy to me at least in the renders.
I guess I'll wait for the R5 or M11/pro until ibasso comes up with a better performing DAP at this price range.

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #103 of 6,983
DX160 seems like an upgrade to DX120 (rather to the DX150) with no interchangeable amps. The slow chipset was an expected disappointment for me and the gold volume wheel looks a bit cheesy to me at least in the renders.
I guess I'll wait for the R5 or M11/pro until ibasso comes up with a better performing DAP at this price range.
You haven't even seen what the DX160 can do. Interesting perception without seeing or using it and I would say the same thing that was said about the R5 or M11.

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #104 of 6,983
You haven't even seen what the DX160 can do. Interesting perception without seeing or using it and I would say the same thing that was said about the R5 or M11.
I would be VERY surprised if DX160 performs any better than the DX220/DX150/DX200 with the same SoC. (talking about the UI performance).

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #105 of 6,983

Neither have you pal to be fair. I've owned and modded many ibassos and enjoyed their sound and modding them very much but never enjoyed the performance. There is a reason they are promoting all the specs except the SOC. As far as I know they haven't even mentioned the SOC or answered any question about the SOC. They may yet hopefully prove us all wrong but if the TOTL DX220max gets the same SOC then...

I hope it is fast as it looks great, its going to have a lot of competition, shanling have just announced a snapdragon android dap too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back