iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jun 4, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #3,812 of 6,983
I want to change all freq.but is useless

I assume you turned it on, right? :wink:

Each "filter" corresponds to one frequency band you can select and adjust where this Parametric EQ will let you adjust 6 different frequency bands. Look at the example below, select filter type (peaking filter is when you want to adjust a peak of individual frequency, you can play with other ones as well, but this is probably a good start for users of regular EQ), select Fc (the actual frequency), Gain (by how much you want to boost/cut that frequency), and for now leave Q factor at 1 (or you can play with Q, it will make the width of that band wider/narrower for a more precise adjustment).

Please, keep in mind, you are only applying the EQ to audio played in this Mango app player, not any other app you are running/streaming.

ibasso_dx160-34.jpg

Jun 4, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #3,813 of 6,983
Received my Red 2020 DX160 today, first observations:
  • WiFi indeed is not stable, with no clear sight on the router, one brick wall in between, reception varies between 50% and dropping out with the DX160 sitting idle at the same spot.
  • Gapless playback switch is there but it doesn't make any difference? Quite a bummer with live albums and some of the Pink Floyd albums. :frowning2: @Paul - iBasso can we expect a fix for this?
  • Sound is just great, nothing else to wish for there, no EQ-ing, just listening! :)
  • Tidal app via APKPure works fine, apart from the connection errors due to WiFi issues now and then.
  • MQA unfolding works good, both using Tidal Masters and locally stored MQA albums :)
  • Still not sure if I am going to install the Lurker add-on....Benefit would be that I can use UAPP player again then, but till now the Mango player is doing just fine, apart from gapless playback. :frowning2:
  • Trying to us it as a USB DAC with JRiver MC, no luck.... I downloaded and installed the W10 driver, attached the DX160, put it in filetransfer, DX160 showing in computers explorer, so far so good, turned on the DAC mode on the DX160 and there came the error in W10: USB device not recognised, causing an error. Switched USB-C cable and reinstalled the driver but no luck either. BravoHD driver is installed according to the overview of installed applications, but nowhere to be found under Audio devices or USB drivers. Edit: third attempt using yet another USB port and changing cables did the trick. Weird that this is so picky, hit and miss.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #3,814 of 6,983
  • WiFi indeed is not stable, with no clear sight on the router, one brick wall in between, reception varies between 50% and dropping out with the DX160 sitting idle at the same spot.
  • Gapless playback switch is there but it doesn't make any difference? Quite a bummer with live albums and some of the Pink Floyd albums. :frowning2: @Paul - iBasso can we expect a fix for this?
  • Sound is just great, nothing else to wish for there, no EQ-ing, just listening! :)
  • Tidal app via APKPure works fine, apart from the connection errors due to WiFi issues now and then.
  • MQA unfolding works good, both using Tidal Masters and locally stored MQA albums :)
  • Still not sure if I am going to install the Lurker add-on....Benefit would be that I can use UAPP player again then, but till now the Mango player is doing just fine, apart from gapless playback. :frowning2:
  • Trying to us it as a USB DAC with JRiver MC, no luck.... I downloaded and installed the W10 driver, attached the DX160, put it in filetransfer, DX160 showing in computers explorer, so far so good, turned on the DAC mode on the DX160 and there came the error in W10: USB device not recognised, causing an error. Switched USB-C cable and reinstalled the driver but no luck either. BravoHD driver is installed according to the overview of installed applications, but nowhere to be found under Audio devices or USB drivers. Edit: third attempt using yet another USB port and changing cables did the trick. Weird that this is so picky, hit and miss.
Yeap.. Same as yours - my Gapless doesn't seem to work.. :frowning2:

Jun 4, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #3,815 of 6,983

You can use apkpure or the other AppStore (I forget which one) to download google play then install UAPP.

Jun 4, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #3,816 of 6,983
You can use apkpure or the other AppStore (I forget which one) to download google play then install UAPP.
I'm curious, are you guys pretty satisfied with the Mango Player or would you prefer USB Audio Player Pro instead? I know you have to buy it, but I was wondering if it's worth it. Like, if there's any noticeable differences in any area compared to Mango.

Jun 4, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #3,817 of 6,983
I'm curious, are you guys pretty satisfied with the Mango Player or would you prefer USB Audio Player Pro instead? I know you have to buy it, but I was wondering if it's worth it. Like, if there's any noticeable differences in any area compared to Mango.
It sounds cleaner and wider than Mango Player for me. There's also more online services and other stuff, but i only listen to my library.

Jun 5, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #3,818 of 6,983

Im very much okay with the mango player. I personally cant hear any major difference between UAPP and mango. And with mango, I can change the volume per ear

Jun 5, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #3,819 of 6,983
I assume you turned it on, right? :wink:

Each "filter" corresponds to one frequency band you can select and adjust where this Parametric EQ will let you adjust 6 different frequency bands. Look at the example below, select filter type (peaking filter is when you want to adjust a peak of individual frequency, you can play with other ones as well, but this is probably a good start for users of regular EQ), select Fc (the actual frequency), Gain (by how much you want to boost/cut that frequency), and for now leave Q factor at 1 (or you can play with Q, it will make the width of that band wider/narrower for a more precise adjustment).

Please, keep in mind, you are only applying the EQ to audio played in this Mango app player, not any other app you are running/streaming.

ibasso_dx160-34.jpg
Many thanks!
I did not select "peaking filter"

Jun 5, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #3,820 of 6,983
I wasn't aware of this, thanks, you are my hero. It is indeed possible to install Google Play via APKPure and then install UAPP

Jun 5, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #3,821 of 6,983

Im very much okay with the mango player. I personally cant hear any major difference between UAPP and mango. And with mango, I can change the volume per ear
For now I am in favour of UAPP:
- Gapless playback works!
- UPnP/DLNA support
- Tidal/Qobuz/Shoutcast support
- You can balance as well

Soundwise I can hear no difference.

You need to buy the extra add-on for (software?) MQA unfolding for both Tidal Masters and your own MQA albums store locally, which I find strange because the DX160 is capable of hardware MQA unfoulding

Jun 5, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #3,822 of 6,983
For now I am in favour of UAPP:
- Gapless playback works!
- UPnP/DLNA support
- Tidal/Qobuz/Shoutcast support
- You can balance as well

Soundwise I can hear no difference.

You need to buy the extra add-on for (software?) MQA unfolding for both Tidal Masters and your own MQA albums store locally, which I find strange because the DX160 is capable of hardware MQA unfoulding

A friend purchased the MQA add on but he hasnt given me any feedback yet. Lurker's hiby player is very impressive too. IMO, it has a bit taller soundstage than the default mango player.

Jun 5, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #3,823 of 6,983
A friend purchased the MQA add on but he hasnt given me any feedback yet. Lurker's hiby player is very impressive too. IMO, it has a bit taller soundstage than the default mango player.
Just asked the same question in the UAPP thread; if we really need to buy the add-on for the DX160 to make MQA work

Still a bit hesitant to install the Lurker add-on, afraid I will break it, but the benefits of using it appear to be there......

Jun 5, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #3,824 of 6,983
Just asked the same question in the UAPP thread; if we really need to buy the add-on for the DX160 to make MQA work

Still a bit hesitant to install the Lurker add-on, afraid I will break it, but the benefits of using it appear to be there......

Lurker add on is very easy to install. His instructions are very straight forward. Try and test it once you have time.

Jun 5, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #3,825 of 6,983

Even if you purchase the MQA add-on for UAPP, I read that it's only able to perform the first unfold process. So, that really doesn't sound too convincing. If I'm not mistaken, aren't we receiving the full unfold process through Mango using our DAP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back