iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Apr 6, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #3,212 of 6,983
anyone knows when will be stock somewhere in EU?

Apr 6, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #3,214 of 6,983
any has DX160 and Sennheiser HD650?

Apr 6, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #3,215 of 6,983
I’ve had a couple of weeks with my DX160 now. I think it sounds awesome, it has zero hiss. The downside of this is hissy tracks sound noticeably hissy. I mostly use the LO through my stereo. I think the Mango player is very good, the battery lasts longer than when I use the Amazon Music (it upscales everything to 24/192 and I think it adds a bit of loudness too). Does anyone know if Tidal upscales or does it plays at the track resolution?

I do have an issue with multi cd flac files showing as multiple albums in Mango player. How do I sort this out?

Apr 6, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #3,216 of 6,983
anyone knows when will be stock somewhere in EU?

Hi there, xkoo!
I've ordered a black 2020 DX160 after months of pondering at HiFiGo. That was on April 1, and it's due to delivery on Friday 10 with the 12€-extra express DHL shipping.
iBasso is from Shenzen, if I'm not mistaken, which is the Chinese city next to Hong Kong, where HiFiGo is based: that probably allowed the unit to be sent from the HK quickly.
In all honesty, I'm a little p****d at China these days, for obvious and maybe silly reasons, but all in all the DX160 seems to punch a lot above his weight for the price, so I ended up being sold no matter what...
Needless to say now, I can't wait for it come over to share my impressions. And ask for a tip or two... Looking at you here, DJ Core! =)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #3,217 of 6,983
Hi there, xkoo!
I've ordered a black 2020 DX160 after month of pondering at HiFiGo. That was on April 1, and it's due to delivery on Friday 10 with the 12€-extra express DHL shipping.
iBasso is from Shenzen, if I'm not mistaken, which is the Chinese city next to Hong Kong, where HiFiGo is based: that probably allowed the unit to be sent from the HK quickly.
In all honesty, I'm a little p****d at China these days, for obvious and maybe silly reasons, but all in all the DX160 seems to punch a lot above his weight for the price, so I ended up being sold no matter what...
Needless to say now, I can't wait for it come over to share my impressions. And ask for a tip or two... Looking at you here, DJ Core! =)
looking forward for your impressions and maybe if it comes i buy there also

Apr 6, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #3,218 of 6,983
I’ve had a couple of weeks with my DX160 now. I think it sounds awesome, it has zero hiss. The downside of this is hissy tracks sound noticeably hissy. I mostly use the LO through my stereo. I think the Mango player is very good, the battery lasts longer than when I use the Amazon Music (it upscales everything to 24/192 and I think it adds a bit of loudness too). Does anyone know if Tidal upscales or does it plays at the track resolution?

I do have an issue with multi cd flac files showing as multiple albums in Mango player. How do I sort this out?
If you are using LO, try turning the volume of the DX down to 75% or less. For some reason iBasso has given you volume control on LO, and I have found the sweet spot to be about 75% for my listening taste.

Yes, Tidal does upscale. Dont know about loudness, though it wouldn't surprise me.

Cant think of how to fix your Mango issue, except to edit your tags to be the same album if that is what you are wanting.

any has DX160 and Sennheiser HD650?
I dont have the HD650, but have the 600, 700, and HE400, which is like a cross between the 600 and 650..

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #3,219 of 6,983
looking forward for your impressions and maybe if it comes i buy there also
Also bought at Hifigo as many of my gear. Great people. It's safe to order. And the time it's on transit it's safe to unpack it.

@samandhi

Yeah it's very strange you can dial volume in LO. It should not be possible.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #3,220 of 6,983
Also bought at Hifigo as many of my gear. Great people. It's safe to order. And the time it's on transit it's safe to unpack it.
The risk with packages are more about when people are touching the package itself and not what is inside it. As China seems to be really strict about people going to work.

Apr 6, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #3,221 of 6,983
If you are using LO, try turning the volume of the DX down to 75% or less. For some reason iBasso has given you volume control on LO, and I have found the sweet spot to be about 75% for my listening taste.

Yes, Tidal does upscale. Dont know about loudness, though it wouldn't surprise me.

Cant think of how to fix your Mango issue, except to edit your tags to be the same album if that is what you are wanting.

I dont have the HD650, but have the 600, 700, and HE400, which is like a cross between the 600 and 650..
I recently just turned my amp to max and use the volume on the DX160, this extends the battery. My amp has a passive preamp which is just a switched resister attenuator. I think the LO sweet spot may be specific to the amp, I only noticed a slight degradation to SQ after 96% but I might be wrong about that.

I had a look at the files of the multi disc albums and have a bit of an idea how they are named/structured. I think I can rename the tracks 1-1, 1-2 .... for cd 1 and 2-1 ...for cd 2 then put them in the same folder. I’m sure there is a lot of info on this as it is not DAP specific.

I really am loving the mango player. Only been using it over the last couple days. I think amazon music has to much bass for anything pre 80’s. I really like bass and would prefer to turn up the volume rather than an equaliser to get more of it.

Apr 7, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #3,222 of 6,983
I sorted out the multi disc cd’s, had to learn about metadata, then I gave all the tracks the same album title and changed some track numbers. Probably not the best way to manage my music.

I tried out the HiBy music app as I wanted to use the remote control. It worked perfectly and it was so simple! Set the DX160 to server and my iPhone to client. No volume though, I wish iBasso would do a remote.

Apr 7, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #3,224 of 6,983
I sorted out the multi disc cd’s, had to learn about metadata, then I gave all the tracks the same album title and changed some track numbers. Probably not the best way to manage my music.

I tried out the HiBy music app as I wanted to use the remote control. It worked perfectly and it was so simple! Set the DX160 to server and my iPhone to client. No volume though, I wish iBasso would do a remote.
I guess, the other way to do it without having to manipulate the tags might be to just make a playlist with all the cds in it...

Apr 7, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #3,225 of 6,983
I wonder when the 2020 Edition is going to be shipped...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back