iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Feb 12, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #2,686 of 6,983
DX160 glass Back is like impossible to open without breaking it. I don’t know how user can swap the battery when needed. Unless sending back To Ibasso ?

I would think that for a more user friendly battery replacement, the back should be Real Fiberglass or some quality plastic piece with some glues would do the job.

Feb 12, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #2,687 of 6,983
DX160 glass Back is like impossible to open without breaking it. I don’t know how user can swap the battery when needed. Unless sending back To Ibasso ?

I would think that for a more user friendly battery replacement, the back should be Real Fiberglass or some quality plastic piece with some glues would do the job.

Sounding like the potential DX160 Ex is a bit of a complicated one :p

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #2,691 of 6,983
Sounding like the potential DX160 Ex is a bit of a complicated one :p
Very much so
Still can’t get over how good it is for $399. Been putting it against the newly released FiiO M15 and it holds its own very well.
Now imagine EX :wink: with internal wires upgrades

I am not surprised as I always take that Cirrus is very similar sounding to AKM
7E3F75B6-57CF-4A60-9D51-28C1A967A24A.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #2,692 of 6,983
The reason why 3.5mm when LO is enabled sounding so good is because 3.5mm is directly Soldered onto the PCB main board

the 4.4mm has ribbon cables and probably is the main reason why I found in my review that it has timbres resolution a little off from realism.

3.5mm Line Out is Amps Bypassed 100%. I am glad to find proof of why it was so good when I reviewed it, especially hooking up to high quality external Amp

The rest of the components are of high quality for a $399 devices. For a hardware build, Ibasso surprised me again to see how this device can be priced at $399.

Now, I want to find a good Music player for it on Android that isn’t too complicated to get around

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #2,695 of 6,983
Well if you happen to figure something out let me know, so disappointed I can't take advantage of this little guy to watch ultrahd movies on my tv....
Yeah, that would be an amazing experience since it sounds so good out of 3.5 and 4.4 when I connect the V35. Both DACs are working on either Jack. The difference is only power.

Feb 12, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #2,696 of 6,983
I don’t know ;(
Is the glass back on the DX160 any more difficult to remove than for any modern smartphone? Would think that any phone repair tech could remove the back for you if you are not comfortable trying. Technique is to warm up the back glass with a hair dryer (or similar) and then use suction cup to pull off the back when the glue softens. Careful prying with plastic tools, and periodic reheating to keep the glue soft may be needed. Sometimes residual glue is enough to replace the back... Or new adhesive strip can be applied around the perimeter...
Unsure what a phone Tech would charge to open the back (Depends on the tech and where you live)

I do agree with you that it would be nice if phones and DAPs used a non-breakable back, like impact resistant plastic, etc. Easier to remove, and less chance to crack in normal use.

Feb 12, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #2,697 of 6,983
I agreed, at $399 a pop similar to IPod touch...people simply move on and discard it ... lol

I would agree also, but There isn't really a reason to have put the glass back on it. It is not for wireless charging, or antennas because there is a metal plate beneath the glass. But, for now, it sounds so good to me, I lack any caring. Maybe I will later. :)

Speaking of glass (and I wish I would have saved the url for y'all to look at), I saw somewhere a teardown of the device, and he stated that the back is actually NOT glass, but plastic. He had it ALL scratched up. heh

Edit: I did find this review that claims the same thing, but the one I was talking about showed pictures (with it totally disassembled). here

Feb 12, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #2,698 of 6,983
Is the glass back on the DX160 any more difficult to remove than for any modern smartphone? Would think that any phone repair tech could remove the back for you if you are not comfortable trying. Technique is to warm up the back glass with a hair dryer (or similar) and then use suction cup to pull off the back when the glue softens. Careful prying with plastic tools, and periodic reheating to keep the glue soft may be needed. Sometimes residual glue is enough to replace the back... Or new adhesive strip can be applied around the perimeter...
Unsure what a phone Tech would charge to open the back (Depends on the tech and where you live)

I do agree with you that it would be nice if phones and DAPs used a non-breakable back, like impact resistant plastic, etc. Easier to remove, and less chance to crack in normal use.

Pretty much, but even harder than any smartphones ...LOL!

I would agree also, but There isn't really a reason to have put the glass back on it. It is not for wireless charging, or antennas because there is a metal plate beneath the glass. But, for now, it sounds so good to me, I lack any caring. Maybe I will later. :)

Speaking of glass (and I wish I would have saved the url for y'all to look at), I saw somewhere a teardown of the device, and he stated that the back is actually NOT glass, but plastic. He had it ALL scratched up. heh

Edit: I did find this review that claims the same thing, but the one I was talking about showed pictures (with it totally disassembled). here

Mine is actually glass !!! LOL

you know how I know ?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #2,700 of 6,983
What's the average amount of playtime, or ownage time, before you would consider replacing the battery? We talking months, or years here? Just curious what I can expect from a battery out of a DAP like this, being my first "expensive" music player....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back