iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Feb 8, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #2,629 of 6,983
Might want to take a look at this thread. It might help you a bit. Or at least maybe another way to get around it, or to accomplish what you are trying to do. Looks like Google purposely gimped this feature, from what they are saying: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2077288

Edit: Looks like the app UAPP (which is a fantastic player/usb DAC/EQ/PEQ/etc...) has a built in UPNP renderer....

I am testing UAPP - Playback stopping end of track see you https://community.audirvana.com/t/network-player-stopping-playback-at-end-of-each-track/7935

Feb 8, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #2,630 of 6,983

I haven't had the chance to set up and use it for that purpose yet, but I HAVE noticed a few small things like described on the link in the UAPP app, but they VERY rarely happen, and to me it is still the best app for my usage (IMO). Hopefully they are working on a fix for it (and integration of Amazon HD too).

Thus far, the DX160 isn't perfect, but can handle almost any scenario I can think of to throw at it. In all honesty, when I bought this (just to upgrade my Fiio DAPS), I would have been happy with the superb sound for the price, let alone all the features I am finding that I like a lot. Problem is that next upgrade I am going to be spoiled and expect more... heh

If I run across any way around, or a fix, I will report back here. Let me know if you get it up and running (without issues). I would be interested to know.

Feb 8, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #2,631 of 6,983
I haven't had the chance to set up and use it for that purpose yet, but I HAVE noticed a few small things like described on the link in the UAPP app, but they VERY rarely happen, and to me it is still the best app for my usage (IMO). Hopefully they are working on a fix for it (and integration of Amazon HD too).

Thus far, the DX160 isn't perfect, but can handle almost any scenario I can think of to throw at it. In all honesty, when I bought this (just to upgrade my Fiio DAPS), I would have been happy with the superb sound for the price, let alone all the features I am finding that I like a lot. Problem is that next upgrade I am going to be spoiled and expect more... heh

If I run across any way around, or a fix, I will report back here. Let me know if you get it up and running (without issues). I would be interested to know.

I will test it further and as soon as I know more details I will contact you here

Feb 8, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #2,632 of 6,983
Can you describe the type of sound signature these have with the DX160? I am pretty much sold that these match the type of sound I like, but want to make sure they remain that type with this DAP. From what I have read, they SEEM to be a perfect fit (their sound sig) with the DX160 sound sig.

Also, I am somewhat worried about the size (I have no place to look at nor audition these). I have read that some have issues with these being too big. I have pretty small ears. Put it this way, the Sennheiser Momentum 1 fit over my ears very comfortably, where a lot of people complained about them being more like on-ear, than over-ear (what they are supposed to be). I also use the smallest tips on all of my IEMs. Do you think this would be a problem with these?

Also, would you know where I might be able to get these in the US? I can't seem to find anyplace that has them that doesn't take 1 to 2 weeks just to ship, which means about a month to get them.

The T800 signature is very natural and fun to listen. Since it's 8BAs structure but dun get the wrong impression BA cannot do bass nicely. With the DX160, it gives u a slightly warmer, organic but also very detail and instruments separation. Sound stage is fairly wide as well. Another cool thing is the stock cable 3.5mm is very nice but u have to go with balance. It's much darker, noise free background and more dynamic, clear and transparent. So invest a balance 4.4mm cable like me I like slightly more bass so go with something like ISN C16 or C8. If you like more balance and detail on mid and high go with S16, S8.

I got a smaller size ear as well. they come with many size of tips too. But T800 you can play around with many many tips. Some people in Head-fi like JVC spiral. I personally settled with AET08 (I tried many like spinfit....etc tips won't break your bank right :wink:.

I dun live in US so I'm not too sure but many people ordered from Linsoul.

https://www.linsoul.com/products/audiosense-t800?_pos=1&_sid=f86dfd89a&_ss=r

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Billy

Feb 8, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #2,633 of 6,983
I always have dropouts on the Wlan, it always breaks down again, no matter which app.
The WLAN connection is briefly off!
Currently the firmware 1.04.150 is installed on the iBasso DX160
How do I get the previous 1.03.123 on the iBasso?

Thanks

No need to bother I figured it out

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #2,634 of 6,983
The T800 signature is very natural and fun to listen. Since it's 8BAs structure but dun get the wrong impression BA cannot do bass nicely. With the DX160, it gives u a slightly warmer, organic but also very detail and instruments separation. Sound stage is fairly wide as well. Another cool thing is the stock cable 3.5mm is very nice but u have to go with balance. It's much darker, noise free background and more dynamic, clear and transparent. So invest a balance 4.4mm cable like me I like slightly more bass so go with something like ISN C16 or C8. If you like more balance and detail on mid and high go with S16, S8.

I got a smaller size ear as well. they come with many size of tips too. But T800 you can play around with many many tips. Some people in Head-fi like JVC spiral. I personally settled with AET08 (I tried many like spinfit....etc tips won't break your bank right :wink:.

I dun live in US so I'm not too sure but many people ordered from Linsoul.

https://www.linsoul.com/products/audiosense-t800?_pos=1&_sid=f86dfd89a&_ss=r

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Billy

Sounds like they are right up my ally. I want something that is a bit more on the fun side, but still pretty accurate (just not totally analytical in nature). I have heard people complain about hot treble, but I dismissed it immediately, because I am not sensitive to treble (as long as it isn't like, say the Senn HD25 or something like that), though I don't mind a bit warm either.

I do indeed plan on going balanced. My HE400S are just SO much better balanced out of the DX160 (and they also match the device VERY well). I will check those cables out that you suggested. Do they make that much of a difference between the bass cable and the mid/highs cable? If so, I may just get them both. But, if the difference is very subtle I may just get the one.

Yeah, I have read (from those complaining about the hot treble) about the Spirals, and was thinking of getting some to try, but you have added to my list of things to try also. Who knows? I may like the stock ones very well, we'll just have to see. heh

I looked on Linsoul, and they are currently out of stock, so I just ordered them from Aliexpress. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas (I'm dying here hehe). They won't even ship until the 24th of this month, because of the Chinese holiday (and more time added to it because of the virus).

Thanks so much for the recommendations on these! I couldn't wait for someone to answer, so I just ordered them the other day, but I feel really good about it with your comments.

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #2,635 of 6,983
I always have dropouts on the Wlan, it always breaks down again, no matter which app.
The WLAN connection is briefly off!
Currently the firmware 1.04.150 is installed on the iBasso DX160
How do I get the previous 1.03.123 on the iBasso?

Thanks

No need to bother I figured it out

There isn't a way to downgrade your firmware version. But, you CAN go back to that official version. Just download it from iBasso site, and flash it to your device. Keep in mind, if you do this, it will take it back to factory state, and you would lose everything on internal storage.

But, before you do that, do you have a router that has both 2.4ghz and 5ghz? If so, try creating a 5ghz wifi network connection and connect the DX to that first. They are known for a bit shorter range, but are more stable, and can run at full speed even at lower signal strength. That is how I have mine connected, and I have had 0 wifi issues thus far.

Edit: LOL you must have added the "I figured it out" part while I was typing this reply. If so, you can disregard....

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #2,637 of 6,983
There isn't a way to downgrade your firmware version. But, you CAN go back to that official version. Just download it from iBasso site, and flash it to your device. Keep in mind, if you do this, it will take it back to factory state, and you would lose everything on internal storage.

But, before you do that, do you have a router that has both 2.4ghz and 5ghz? If so, try creating a 5ghz wifi network connection and connect the DX to that first. They are known for a bit shorter range, but are more stable, and can run at full speed even at lower signal strength. That is how I have mine connected, and I have had 0 wifi issues thus far.

Edit: LOL you must have added the "I figured it out" part while I was typing this reply. If so, you can disregard....

But it goes I made a downgrade to DX160-v1.01 and then to 1.02.109 and to 1.03.123.
Because no matter what I play, be it Tidal, Spotify, TuneIn or USB Audio Player PRO and Neutron Player I get completely disconnected after a while!
The WLAN symbol is then completely without reception.
There is no power mode active and nothing goes into sleep mode.
It doesn't matter if the screen is on or off, after a while the connection is simply gone.
I am not 2-3 meters away from the router! There is a connection to 5GHz.

At the moment the DX160 runs with the 1.03.123 firmware.
If now the connection breaks down again then it goes back to the dealer .
So far it only makes problems in streaming.
The device is already top and the sound with the Fiio FH7 makes fun.
But I don't like to play only from the SD even if it is 400GB.
Greetings Rudi

But also with the (Lurker00/DX160 firmware) I had the WLAN problems

WLAN Error! Mine seems to have a bug :frowning2:

Attachments

• iBasso DX160.jpg
    iBasso DX160.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #2,638 of 6,983
But it goes I made a downgrade to DX160-v1.01 and then to 1.02.109 and to 1.03.123.
Because no matter what I play, be it Tidal, Spotify, TuneIn or USB Audio Player PRO and Neutron Player I get completely disconnected after a while!
The WLAN symbol is then completely without reception.
There is no power mode active and nothing goes into sleep mode.
It doesn't matter if the screen is on or off, after a while the connection is simply gone.
I am not 2-3 meters away from the router! There is a connection to 5GHz.

At the moment the DX160 runs with the 1.03.123 firmware.
If now the connection breaks down again then it goes back to the dealer .
So far it only makes problems in streaming.
The device is already top and the sound with the Fiio FH7 makes fun.
But I don't like to play only from the SD even if it is 400GB.
Greetings Rudi

But also with the (Lurker00/DX160 firmware) I had the WLAN problems

WLAN Error! Mine seems to have a bug :frowning2:

Oh, that sucks. Sounds like you have an antenna issue. Maybe it was knocked loose in transport to you. I would send it back to either get fixed, or replaced. Hope they get you fixed up!

Feb 8, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #2,639 of 6,983
Hi, i'm having a hard time choosing a music player for my DX160. I was thinking about Poweramp, Neutron or USB Audio Player Pro, but i'm still not sure which one would be "the best", what are you guys using at the moment?

Feb 8, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #2,640 of 6,983
Hi, i'm having a hard time choosing a music player for my DX160. I was thinking about Poweramp, Neutron or USB Audio Player Pro, but i'm still not sure which one would be "the best", what are you guys using at the moment?
I passed this along upstream a bit but in a nutshell, here's my take:

1. Poweramp: Best interface, hands-down, but while the sound is VERY good it does not support bit-perfect audio nor does it have the ability to play music from a DLNA server on your network (should you need to do so).

2. Neutron: Worst interface (albeit tolerable, but in a three-way horserace you have to have a loser). Also not great for DLNA server-side audio. However, this is the best audio player on the market, hands down. Supports bit-perfect audio on the DX160 100%.

3. USB Audio Player Pro: Probably the best all-around compromise. Interface is almost as nice as Poweramp's. Does a GREAT job of DLNA playback and supports bit-perfect audio on the DX-160. Less options, perhaps, than Neutron.

Honestly, I have all three apps on my device. Really can't think of a reason why not to... I'd just go with that arrangement if I were you and then let your own experience/usage determine which gets your own personal nod.

- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back