iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Dec 24, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #1,996 of 6,983
I am still undecided want to upgrade from M9 to Dx160 or M11.

And want to know if V4A works... Or is standard EQ sufficient.?

If you like a system maybe more fluid in terms of daily use software maybe in that aspect is the M11.
If you value pure sound more then Dx160. I don't really value being extremely fast, so I use my phone. I only use Dap purely for sound only and I prefer to save my music over app's like Tidal or Spotify. The Dx160 I dare say it is extremely good for its price, looking forward to it coming and putting my Earsonics Velvet V2 in it. . .

Again I have owned both , and onurb8690 I totally agree with ...m11 is a fantastic dap , great build slick ui and good overall battery, definitely the best for usage I have used and I feel better in this respect than dx160, but I sold it and kept the dx160....... again like my previous post on the r6pro the audio just is that little bit better I feel.

Dec 24, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #1,997 of 6,983
Again I have owned both , and onurb8690 I totally agree with ...m11 is a fantastic dap , great build slick ui and good overall battery, definitely the best for usage I have used and I feel better in this respect than dx160, but I sold it and kept the dx160....... again like my previous post on the r6pro the audio just is that little bit better I feel.

Exactly, I think the DX160 is an excellent DAP for its price, which is easily compared to much higher value DAPs. I could buy the DX150 for example, but I opted for the 160. These new mid / high range dap's I think are very well done.

Dec 24, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #1,998 of 6,983
Exactly, I think the DX160 is an excellent DAP for its price, which is easily compared to much higher value DAPs. I could buy the DX150 for example, but I opted for the 160. These new mid / high range dap's I think are very well done.
Well if your just interested in the audio then the dx160 is superb, punches way above its price point....wifi and bluetooth range isn't great and battery could be a tad better but I still kept it over the above.

Dec 24, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #1,999 of 6,983
Well if your just interested in the audio then the dx160 is superb, punches way above its price point....wifi and bluetooth range isn't great and battery could be a tad better but I still kept it over the above.

When it comes to battery life, how long does it last? 10 hours? listening to music in a row?

Dec 24, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #2,000 of 6,983
When it comes to battery life, how long does it last? 10 hours? listening to music in a row?
well mostly playing flac, not overly using screen to much, resolution turned to 720p and brightness turned down I'm getting about 9 hours I reckon...... it's ok better than my dx208 which i was lucky to get 5 hours out of .

Dec 24, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #2,001 of 6,983
well mostly playing flac, not overly using screen to much, resolution turned to 720p and brightness turned down I'm getting about 9 hours I reckon...... it's ok better than my dx208 which i was lucky to get 5 hours out of .

So for me these numbers are good enough, I will use in work in about 8 hours maximum for this. . .

Dec 24, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #2,002 of 6,983
So for me these numbers are good enough, I will use in work in about 8 hours maximum for this. . .
obviously these are approx depending on your usage but I'm finding it to be ok on battery, m11 is better but I'm ok with around 8 to 9 hours , it does drop significantly when streaming Amazon HD but that's to be expected and it still Is getting maybe 5 to 6 hours although I haven't really put it to an exact test.......if I had to give one real nitpick it would be bluetooth which I found to be awful , It was a short test though as I dont really use bluetooth.

Dec 25, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #2,004 of 6,983
...I have owned both r6pro and dx160, both are great devices in their own way. The r6pro has a more powerful fuller sound, more meat on the bone but it hisses quite a lot compared to a dx160 which Is dead silent, also i feel the stage is better on a dx160 width and depth .... i Ioved the r6pro it is a nice dap that's smooth to use with great build and sounds great, it's one of my favourite daps that I have owned but personally I would take the dx160 simply because its virtually black background with better layering and it also sounds fantastic....

Very interesting. I gathered as much from reviews, especially the lower noise floor oft dx 160. I just bought both of them and going to test them out and sell the one i like least. I have a feeling i will be keeping the Ibasso player. I dont use very sensitive IEMS, but I also dont need them to drive full size cans. We shall see!

Dec 25, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #2,005 of 6,983
Very interesting. I gathered as much from reviews, especially the lower noise floor oft dx 160. I just bought both of them and going to test them out and sell the one i like least. I have a feeling i will be keeping the Ibasso player. I dont use very sensitive IEMS, but I also dont need them to drive full size cans. We shall see!
well I think honestly it will come down to your preference, even with the hiss the hiby r6pro still sounds fantastic and is no slouch and I love it's full sound , the dx160 is my pick though using andro s, that low noise floor and better layering/ stage which shows on the andro s for me was the winner ......cant go wrong with either though.

Dec 25, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #2,008 of 6,983
I doubt if their is a better sounding DAP than the DX160 on the market for anywhere near it's price. Sadly I had two that had to be returned....the Bluetooth was worse than poor it was unusable. So my retailer has a new batch coming in and will let me know when the Bluetooth problem is sorted. I still hope to get the DX160 in the near future.
Anyway Merry Christmas from the Buddhist world, may everybody have happiness.

Dec 25, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #2,009 of 6,983
I doubt if their is a better sounding DAP than the DX160 on the market for anywhere near it's price. Sadly I had two that had to be returned....the Bluetooth was worse than poor it was unusable.

Agreed it really is punching way above its price point in my opinion.....my bluetooth just kept dropping out , 20 ft away that was it but luckily I dont ever really use bluetooth, wifi isn't the best either it isn't unstable just not the best range all though it is ok .....but the audio is something else on a dap at this price.

Dec 25, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #2,010 of 6,983
Agreed it really is punching way above its price point in my opinion.....my bluetooth just kept dropping out , 20 ft away that was it but luckily I dont ever really use bluetooth, wifi isn't the best either it isn't unstable just not the best range all though it is ok .....but the audio is something else on a dap at this price.

Can you post a download speed.?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back