iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 27, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #1,711 of 6,983
My unit is fairly new as well so I have been just letting it play music for the past week.. Let me put it this way.
upload_2019-11-27_11-45-33.jpeg

Before and After. Just amazing!

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #1,712 of 6,983
My unit is fairly new as well so I have been just letting it play music for he past week.. Let me put it this way. Before and After. Just amazing!

Hmmm I can’t wait to check that out then, it’s not bad even out of the box :p

(No wifi issue here... btw... I don’t care much for BT but will try eventually)

Nov 28, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #1,715 of 6,983
My unit is fairly new as well so I have been just letting it play music for he past week.. Let me put it this way.

Before and After. Just amazing!

You were right :D

Burn in does matter and wow... call me impressed at the performance level and the spot on tuning iBasso pulled off on the DX160... It will be shocking to some but I think I like it even better than... DX220. Not from a performance standpoint as it has the edge but I like DX160 tuning and it's not far behind. This is fantastic value for money!

I expected good, the reviews are all unanimous... but I didn't expect this good, like, at all :astonished:

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #1,718 of 6,983
Interesting... I was trying to test out the audio filters while playing MQA content from Tidal and...
I get « Invalid for MQA » message for any filter other than « Slow Roll off »... :thinking:

Anyone noticed this?

Edit : I stopped Tidal changed filter restarted and no issues... was then able to change filter no error message... strange

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #1,719 of 6,983
Ok so I just recieved one yesterday....and I have to agree wow great sound!.and can see the 200/220 similarities having owned 208.
They have indeed got the tuning just right for me , not too analytical or cold but not so warm it loses anything, nice dynamics, stage and detail levels too. Battery could be a little better but put the screen on 720p and turn the brightness down and I'm getting estimate, 9 to 10 hours playing flac, which is more than acceptable at this price point. No problems with wifi, also ui seems very smooth and again I have had not one bug or glitch so far. Iove the size and weight too , makes it actually feel quite portable compared to others but with still having excellent audio compared to most more pocket friendly.......the only thing that seem not very good at all is bluetooth, I got drop outs 20 ,25 ft away...the little shanling mo you could walk to the moon (ok slight exaggeration) but as I never ever realy use bluetooth for anything it's not a major issue.
Anyway that's my quick impressions and a keeper for me.
20191128_211251.jpg

Nov 28, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #1,721 of 6,983
The more I listen, the more I am blown away at what @Paul - iBasso and his team have come up with there, amazing value for money for this DAP.

Kudos for making upper tier quality at a mid tier price... I am still stunned

Nov 29, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #1,723 of 6,983
Completely sold out in Spain. I have ordered mine to UK. Next days are going to be very long, waiting for it...

Nov 29, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #1,724 of 6,983

Users who are viewing this thread

Back