iBasso DX160 (2020) vs Sony NW-ZX507 detailed comparison
Mar 9, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #16 of 26
The M11 Pro is an all around improvement over the DX160, I particularly liked its dynamics. Soundstage and detail are also improved on the M11 Pro. Android operation wise the M11 Pro is sure to be a lot faster and smoother than the DX160. Where the DX160 is usable with a few occasional lags the M11 Pro is smooth.

And I wouldn't put it as warm and neutral vs bright and analitical for the DX160 and M11 Pro. More like warmish neutral and reference neutral. More detailed =/= bright and analytical, i feel like a lot of people misattribute the two
Thanks for the opinions :)

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #17 of 26
Hi seanwee, could you please let me know how is your DX160 battery performance playing mostly FLAC file from SD card thru 4.4mm balance output under flight mode (BT/Wifi all off). Friend told me that it lasts for about 5-6 hrs only.

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #18 of 26
Hi seanwee, could you please let me know how is your DX160 battery performance playing mostly FLAC file from SD card thru 4.4mm balance output under flight mode (BT/Wifi all off). Friend told me that it lasts for about 5-6 hrs only.
I only use mango mode and i do get around 6-7 hours out of balanced. Lowest brightness and screen mostly off.

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #21 of 26
Thanks for the comparison! After getting a zx507 seems like another buy is needed ahah :)
Glad you liked it :)

That said if I already had the ZX507 I’d go for a straight upgrade (FiiO M11 Plus LTD for example) rather than a small upgrade/sidegrade.

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #23 of 26
Thanks for the rec! Btw i see u have a m9. Which dap do u think goes best with it?
I like it better on neutral daps rather than warm daps. That said, I’m using an 8 core silver cable on it which makes it sound much better (The stock cables are quite poor sounding)

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #24 of 26
I like it better on neutral daps rather than warm daps. That said, I’m using an 8 core silver cable on it which makes it sound much better (The stock cables are quite poor sounding)
hmm i will see if i can get a used cable ahah :p And which neutral dap would u recommend as a step up from the zx507?

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #25 of 26
hmm i will see if i can get a used cable ahah :p And which neutral dap would u recommend as a step up from the zx507?
M11 Pro. The M11 Plus LTD is supposedly better but I haven’t heard it yet but people say it’s an upgrade over the M11 Pro

And there’s no need to get used cables, there are plenty of high quality cables on aliexpress under 50 dollars. Check out this thread and maybe get a recommendation from rikudogoku
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low...se-bang-for-buck-cable-thread.891911/page-451

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back