iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Dec 6, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #2,821 of 3,129
Currently have Ibasso DX90, i want to upgrade, finaly want go balanced... Looking at DX160 but those wifi and bluetooth problems make me... Now looking at DX150 at the same price or even DX200. Question, what about DX150 user interface lagging after all firmware update, is it getting smoother?

General UI is ok. But MangoPlayer is close to terrible.
Also MangoOS is lacking in Android 8.1 version.

My hope is that new firmware will bring new MangoPlayer and MangoOS.
If Fidelizer and Lurker can do it - so can iBasso.

Dec 6, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #2,822 of 3,129
General UI is ok. But MangoPlayer is close to terrible.
Also MangoOS is lacking in Android 8.1 version.

My hope is that new firmware will bring new MangoPlayer and MangoOS.
If Fidelizer and Lurker can do it - so can iBasso.
Lurker has the latest version of Mango Player in his add-in? MangoOS in 8.1?

Dec 6, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #2,823 of 3,129
Lurker has the latest version of Mango Player in his add-in? MangoOS in 8.1?
Nope. I meant - they improved usability. That means iBasso can do it also.

Lurker did MangoOS only in A6. But he did it - unlike iBasso.
He can do it also as for DX160. But assume not motivated or have time/energy.

Fidelizer did DX220 port so we can use new player.

I`m grateful for both - but using third party ports is not solution.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #2,824 of 3,129
So I've been using my IT01 iems for most of my listening experience on the DX150 but I'm itching for a pair of cans. Which would make a better pairing for the DAP, the Koss Pro4S or AT M40x? Or is there something better in the same range? I'm looking for something that goes to neutral but with still a nice thump to the bass for when it's called upon, in hip hop and electronic music.

Dec 18, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #2,828 of 3,129
What are the benefits over this when compared to the lurker mod add on and 8.1?
Latest version of Mango. I am not using Mango right now but I am currently using USB Audio Player and, IMO, it is the the better player. I think having the latest Mango player affects stability in the player, I prefer the Base FW, Lurker add-on and the USB Audio Player combination.

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #2,833 of 3,129
@Zeo-Gold92 Why don`t you try and find out for yourself?
I prefer stock player on every DAP. Thats why I use Fidelizer port with latest Mango Player.

Besides Hiby only good free app that I know is Fiio Music - https://apkpure.com/fiio-music/com.fiio.music
that seems the logical thing to do :p But I guess I was just gauge some info before going to the trouble :) Thanks. I've been having issues with Hiby where it doesn't find all my music even though it's there. This is when I use the search in the app. I might give the Fiio one a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back