iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Oct 24, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #2,776 of 3,129
well amp7 (which tonally is near identical to amp8) vs amp6 is quite noticeable. However, I wouldn't say one is empirically 'better' than the other. Amp7 does have more exciting treble and quantity of treble. It does seem to layer treble better and decay longer. Amp6 is more euphonic (colored) in the mids and has a very inoffensive treble, quite polite.

For someone seeking a 'reference' sound - amp7 or amp8 is going to provide that better than amp6 as I consider it more 'transparent' overall. But amp6 has its strengths too. It pairs much better with high energy monitors and tames that upper mid, lower treble bite that can hurt over time. It also has more sub-bass with a punchy impact.

I used amp7 with ibasso dx150 for quite a while, but actually thought amp6 did better with rai penta when I switched back after the amp7 honeymoon period. It seemed to smooth the lower treble bite the penta have.

Against the A5, I can't help out unfortunately.

Oct 25, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #2,777 of 3,129
Thanks man.I want Amp 8 not only for a little more quality but for power.Amp 6 has 2.4V rms output and for me its not enauf.Maybe using balanced output is enauf because of double output power.Or its the same??Only 2.4V por channel ???

Amp 8 has 6.2V rms.This way i don't need to stack A5 with DX150.

Oct 27, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #2,778 of 3,129
amp6 balanced has 4.8 volts unloaded. amp8 has 6.2v (assume that's unloaded as well). ibasso markets amp8 as being 'high voltage swing', also known as slew rate which can be helpful in moving more demanding dynamic drivers.

I think you'd be fine driving FH7 even with 2.4v unbalanced out of amp6. Maybe that dynamic driver in the FH7 will respond better to more power, but not necessarily. You may find the dynamics change slightly, or the stage be altered a bit by balanced though.

On some of my DAPs the balanced was notably 'better' for me. It just helped with the immersion factor - imaging gained a tad more precision and depth of stage improved. I've never used balanced because of a 'power need'. Then again, I don't listen loud at all.

Oct 27, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #2,779 of 3,129
#buonassi i already tried FH7 with Amp 6 and for me its "soft".I want more power.I listen loud it seems.
With Fiio A5 staked to DX150 i like it better but its not really portable.
I don't have 2.5mm cable to try because FH7 are not mine.It would be so good to try before buy anything more.
I readed all reviews about Amp 8 and i think this is what i need.My only doubt is that is weaker that A5 in the end and i will not like it.

Oct 27, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #2,780 of 3,129
#buonassi i already tried FH7 with Amp 6 and for me its "soft".I want more power.I listen loud it seems.
With Fiio A5 staked to DX150 i like it better but its not really portable.
I don't have 2.5mm cable to try because FH7 are not mine.It would be so good to try before buy anything more.
I readed all reviews about Amp 8 and i think this is what i need.My only doubt is that is weaker that A5 in the end and i will not like it.

If you need more than AMP8 for relative easy to drive iems you need a desktop system :)

I use my DX158 with my Aeon Open and they drive them beautiful. I actually prefer the DX158 over the N6ii with the Aeon Open.

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #2,781 of 3,129
I need a little help to install Lurker's mod on my DX150 with RockChip factory tool.
I have allready updated to android 8.1.I follow al steps and its all good until i connect DX150 to the computer.
DX150 is in flash recovery mode but then what i need to choose from the menu that appears?Because on the PC appears " loader" on port 3 but when i hit the run button, nothing happens.The DX150 stay in this recovery mode.Why?
I need to choose "Apply update from ADB " or what?Can anyone help?
Thanks

Attachments

• P91028-220352.jpg
    P91028-220352.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Oct 29, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #2,783 of 3,129
Is there any way to get a replacement AMP6? The phono jack on mine busted and what I assume is the connector is rattling around inside there.
any particular reason you want to buy amp6 instead of AMP7 or 8?

Oct 29, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #2,784 of 3,129
Is there any way to get a replacement AMP6? The phono jack on mine busted and what I assume is the connector is rattling around inside there.
I'd suggest emailing iBasso, my Amp6 had the jack break inside the port, I emailed him and he got me an Repair ticket (I haven't used it yet, mind you) and from what he told me aside from shipping cost (to china) it should be fairly cheap, if not just free (depending on how much repair/replacement is required). All in all (again, from what I'm told, I haven't gone thru the repair process myself yet) seems cheap, affordable and worth it to just send it in for repair.

Actually, my idea was to buy the Amp8 (cuz it was something different that I wanted anyways) and then just send in the Amp6 by itself (JUSt the amp) that way you can enjoy the player whilst it's enroute and being repaired.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #2,785 of 3,129
We will have a new firmware very soon. It will incorporate the 2 power settings of the AMP9, like on the DX220 and a few other changes.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 30, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #2,787 of 3,129
Nov 1, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #2,789 of 3,129

Users who are viewing this thread

Back