iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jul 19, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #2,716 of 3,129
How many successes should I be waiting for? I had about 20 then I stopped the process because I thought it was just repeating the same installation 20 times.
DX150 really bricking now tried your get off loader mode trick and its not working.

If one particular method does not work for you I would suggest using a different one.
I would make sure you are using the latest tool from iBasso
TBH - it never seems to work first time for me. I always persevere and I always manage to upgrade in the end!
bear in mind, after a successful upgrade the player sometimes takes a long time to boot up
Anyway - keep trying. Dont worry, you will get there :)

Jul 21, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #2,717 of 3,129
I don't understand the question.

If one particular method does not work for you I would suggest using a different one.
I would make sure you are using the latest tool from iBasso
TBH - it never seems to work first time for me. I always persevere and I always manage to upgrade in the end!
bear in mind, after a successful upgrade the player sometimes takes a long time to boot up
Anyway - keep trying. Dont worry, you will get there :)

I was trying to install the V2.11.293-LO firmware (from A8.1-L1.18) and was following the steps but for some reason the FactoryTool just keeps running (>20 times) and was loading/checking it continuously. Not sure if there's a certain amount of times before I should plug it out but I figured it had completed by cycle 20 so I stopped and pulled it out. DX150 didn't boot up and was permanently stuck on loader mode for some reason.

I managed to flash the firmware again to A8.1-L1.18 and it's working. But was just interested in trying the Pure Mango mode.

Was perhaps a little frustrated at the time because I was bringing my DX150 out as my sole DAP for the weekend trip. Very appreciative of all your support effort here. Thanks.

Jul 21, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #2,718 of 3,129
Jul 21, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #2,719 of 3,129
Here's the official changelog for 1.04 firmware if anyone wants it without having to download 600+megs.

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Support for AMP9.
2. Rectified the bug that with some languages, the Never option on sleep settings under system settings was missing.
3. Improved the speed of the Mango Player initialization.
4. Artist view now uses the Album Artist tag instead of Artist tag.
5. Rectified the bug that when playing high resolution video, there was the possibility of a system crash or there would be no sound output.
6. Allows customizing the physical play control keys.
7. Allows setting a limitation for the maximum volume.

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #2,720 of 3,129
Here's the official changelog for 1.04 firmware if anyone wants it without having to download 600+megs.

Improvements with this firmware:

5. Rectified the bug that when playing high resolution video, there was the possibility of a system crash or there would be no sound output.
Does this also fix the system crashing when playing videos (Youtube, etc) in fullscreen mode?

Jul 26, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #2,722 of 3,129
Can we install itunes in this DAP? Is playstore accessible on this device? Does it have stock android?

Jul 31, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #2,723 of 3,129
Off-topic: I made an experience with my Dx150 (amp 6). I connected it trough spdif (optical) to Marantz sacd KI ruby player and this one to the am (Prima Luna). And directly, trough line-out, to the same amp.
So, I think, using it as a sole hi-res player and the Marantz dac and as full player with its own two dacs.
The result was quite clear using a 44kh/24 bit file (I could not transfer higher res files trough spdif): with the marantz dac the sound was wider and more "alive", than using the DX150 Dacs.

Of course the Marantz costs five times more than the DX150. And I consider that for the price the Ibasso is quite good, specially with my Hifiman He400s cans.

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #2,724 of 3,129
I was trying to install the V2.11.293-LO firmware (from A8.1-L1.18) and was following the steps but for some reason the FactoryTool just keeps running (>20 times) and was loading/checking it continuously. Not sure if there's a certain amount of times before I should plug it out but I figured it had completed by cycle 20 so I stopped and pulled it out. DX150 didn't boot up and was permanently stuck on loader mode for some reason.

I managed to flash the firmware again to A8.1-L1.18 and it's working. But was just interested in trying the Pure Mango mode.
Edit:
Oh so I was getting the same issue, and realized I was using the DX150-Firmware repo instead of the DX150-Firmware-ADDON repo, cuz from 8.1 it's different. Whoops. ejong7, if you're still having the issue, try that.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #2,725 of 3,129
Have any of you had problems switching to a different amp module after installing the AMP9 compatible firmware? After fighting for an hour or so I was able to get the firmware installed and working, and my AMP9 works fine. When I switch back to my AMP8 now, however, it is unusuable. Sometimes it will still play, but mostly there is a very high noise floor, sort of a high pitched electronic "squeal". I tried reinstalling the firmware again per Paul's suggestion, but the problem remains.

Aug 11, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #2,726 of 3,129
Have any of you had problems switching to a different amp module after installing the AMP9 compatible firmware? After fighting for an hour or so I was able to get the firmware installed and working, and my AMP9 works fine. When I switch back to my AMP8 now, however, it is unusuable. Sometimes it will still play, but mostly there is a very high noise floor, sort of a high pitched electronic "squeal". I tried reinstalling the firmware again per Paul's suggestion, but the problem remains.
I have asked our software team to look into this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 11, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #2,727 of 3,129

Did you upgrade the firmware with the default amp6 installed and did you do a factory reset after installing. If not try it.

I don't have amp9 so i have no idea if it works. I always upgrade firmware with the default amp module and always do a factory reset after. Luckily i never had a problem but again i don't have amp9 but i am thinking of buying it so please report back

Aug 11, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #2,728 of 3,129
Did you upgrade the firmware with the default amp6 installed and did you do a factory reset after installing. If not try it.

I don't have amp9 so i have no idea if it works. I always upgrade firmware with the default amp module and always do a factory reset after. Luckily i never had a problem but again i don't have amp9 but i am thinking of buying it so please report back

I did several factory resets after upgrading the firmware, but I had either AMP 8 or 9 installed. I will try a reset again with AMP 6 installed.

Update: I have misplaced my AMP 6 (probably tucked away safely in a corner of the closet), but I have an AMP 2, and it seemed to work normally. I did another reset and reinstalled AMP 8, still have the noise issue. Then I swapped in AMP 9, which still works fine.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #2,729 of 3,129
Been awhile since I've checked on this thread but I had a query. I have friend who really dug the sound of my dx150, but he isn't in the situation where he can drop the $$ on one and was interested in something that has a similar sound and performance. Not interested in putting apps on or w.e. Just wants good sound with balanced and the wide file support. What should he be looking at sub $250 AUD? Will be running straight off the device for now.

I thought it be better to ask in here instead of creating a new thread coz it's connected to the topic, mostly :p . Thanks!

Aug 12, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #2,730 of 3,129
I’ve been impressed with the Hidiz AP80. Small, powerful, with a very nice Sabre ess dac chip. Impossible to know if it would suit his tastes but as a dx150 owner I’m very happy with it for out and about. Also it is very affordable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back