iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Apr 19, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #2,461 of 3,129
My AMP7 finally arrived. But I've found this weird component inside the box! any idea what this might be?
ff.jpg

EDIT: the amp is working fine.
I've looked into this and it seems that's a Toshiba semiconductor

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #2,465 of 3,129
Please try a factory reset. If that doesn't help you can reinstall the current firmware if you are on Android 8.1 and then doing a factory reset.

Will that wipe what music and stuff is on it? Will I need to go through the cycle of updating to where it is currently? Also I totally forgot about the included mini cable. I wanted to try and connect it to my main stereo amp via the coax. I plugged the jack into the spdif end it seemed to be slippy, does it go in there or in the line out?

Apr 19, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #2,467 of 3,129
So this was supposed to be inside the amp?
Or there is nothing to worry about and this was just a glitch?
I apologize. I have no idea why it was in there.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 19, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #2,468 of 3,129
Will that wipe what music and stuff is on it? Will I need to go through the cycle of updating to where it is currently? Also I totally forgot about the included mini cable. I wanted to try and connect it to my main stereo amp via the coax. I plugged the jack into the spdif end it seemed to be slippy, does it go in there or in the line out?
It will wipe the memory. Once installed, you can update directly to the latest firmware.

Apr 19, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #2,470 of 3,129
Thanks Paul, I'll give it a look when I can. What about the cable that was included. the coax type one. Do I use that in the spdif output or the lineout?
That is to be used in the SPDIF/COAX port on the top. It is an all in one.

Apr 19, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #2,472 of 3,129
My AMP7 finally arrived. But I've found this weird component inside the box! any idea what this might be?

EDIT: the amp is working fine.
I've looked into this and it seems that's a Toshiba semiconductor
I looked into this. We don't use that transistor so it had to be placed in the box after it left our factory. Very strange. A mystery!

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #2,473 of 3,129
Yes, in the default firmware it only applies to Mango (stock) player. however If you flash @Lurker0 addon there is an app called USB Audio that enables other apps to have direct access. I could be wrong though, Luker himself can elaborate more on this.

The guy I bought this from had the @Lurker0 mods installed for android 8.1 (build 1.03.036-L1.17). I can tell you what USB audio version is listed (1.2.81) but I can't tell you for sure what firmware or addon he installed unless that's what L1-17 is as appended to the build number? The seller did a reset before sending it to me, but the lurker mods persisted afterward (lucky me). Anyway, it seems to all work as designed. Here's what I believe to be happening in case anyone is really into avoiding SRC like I am:

UAPP and Tidal (latest version) seem to work without SRC. Even in tidal, when switching from a 44.1k track to a 48k track (yes there are some) I heard a pop between tracks, indicating the DAC was switching sample rates. So I got curious and used the optical out to mojo. Sure enough, the sample rates are changing depending on the source track. So, if it's not bit perfect (probably not given volume levelling and other garbage tidal does to the bitstream) at least it's avoiding SRC and not resampling everything to a predefined native android sample rate. This is good.

Still a little dubious, I found out that you can see a small linux dump of the currently playing file by selecting "Show ALSA state" from the menu of Lurker's USB audio app. Sure enough, it's confirming 44 and 48 with those respective tracks. higher when I use UAPP and play 96k for example.

Anyway, hope it helps you guys. And many thanks to the dev who made this possible. If anyone knows how to tell what version of the lurker mods I have, please let me know.

Apr 19, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #2,474 of 3,129
I apologize. I have no idea why it was in there.

That is to be used in the SPDIF/COAX port on the top. It is an all in one.
No problem, everything seems to be working fine. except the device is getting kinda hot. Is this normal for the first hours?

The guy I bought this from had the @Lurker0 mods installed for android 8.1 (build 1.03.036-L1.17). I can tell you what USB audio version is listed (1.2.81) but I can't tell you for sure what firmware or addon he installed unless that's what L1-17 is as appended to the build number? The seller did a reset before sending it to me, but the lurker mods persisted afterward (lucky me). Anyway, it seems to all work as designed. Here's what I believe to be happening in case anyone is really into avoiding SRC like I am:

UAPP and Tidal (latest version) seem to work without SRC. Even in tidal, when switching from a 44.1k track to a 48k track (yes there are some) I heard a pop between tracks, indicating the DAC was switching sample rates. So I got curious and used the optical out to mojo. Sure enough, the sample rates are changing depending on the source track. So, if it's not bit perfect (probably not given volume levelling and other garbage tidal does to the bitstream) at least it's avoiding SRC and not resampling everything to a predefined native android sample rate. This is good.

Still a little dubious, I found out that you can see a small linux dump of the currently playing file by selecting "Show ALSA state" from the menu of Lurker's USB audio app. Sure enough, it's confirming 44 and 48 with those respective tracks. higher when I use UAPP and play 96k for example.

Anyway, hope it helps you guys. And many thanks to the dev who made this possible. If anyone knows how to tell what version of the lurker mods I have, please let me know.
AFAIK only the latest lurker addon is compatible with v1.03.036 firmware.
You can actually see the playing rate by selecting "Show ALSA state" in USB Audio app.

I hope iBasso considers displaying the current sample rate in status bar (like Hiby R6)

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #2,475 of 3,129
I looked into this. We don't use that transistor so it had to be placed in the box after it left our factory. Very strange. A mystery!
Lol @Paul - iBasso , you almost disappeared in dx200 and rarely seen in dx220 threads. This FET Bug called out to you ?

I am laughing so hard at this though...lol

This FET is a full-size one, and it should only be found from desktop and or full-size devices. There would absolutely be 0 reason to fit inside any portable players. So, the true Mystery must be...funny, and that is why I am laughing so hard, considering how well the box is taped up =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back