1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** The music adventure continues.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Mar 9, 2018.
First

Back
151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171
Next

Last
  1. Zeo-Gold92
    LOL that would be the case :p I got it to go in now and it still works...phew. But I can't get it to update either. I was following the ibasso instructions that told me to put the FW in the SD root and boot it from the unit but it says unable to verify.

2. jamato8 Contributor
    When you downloaded the update, I assume the latest and you are already on Oreo, did you unzip the file and then put the new unzipped file, which is the firmware, on the card to do the update?

3. Zeo-Gold92
    EDIT: All updated up now. But afterwards once I set it all up, I don't see it pop up in my explorer to transfer music. Do I need to use the SD card outside of my dx150?

We're cooking now, I'm updating to the proper after beta update now.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  4. Zeo-Gold92
    Do I need to use a digital filter in the mango player? Also when I go in to eq while listening to something it wont actually let me go in there. A pop up in chinese says something but I cant read what it says.

5. javre76
    I have the HD600's, the AMP6 drives them, but not very efficiently. I have used a FIIO A5 to drive them, and it does a good job, here is my question: how is the AMP8 compared to the A5 in terms of output power? Same, less or more?

6. gc335
    Are you using the balanced output with the AMP6? The AMP8 has significant power and should have no issues driving them.

7. Arghavan
    Yeah give AMP7/8 a try. higher voltage swing in those amps really makes a difference.

8. javre76
    Yes, using balanced on AMP6, but need to go to around 120 to get a decent volume. I do not want to use high gain (does it even work on balanced?) due to noise.

Seriously thinking about it.

Do you guys know if there is any other AMP in the horizon?

gc335 likes this.
  9. gc335
    You should not get ANY noise with high gain with something like the HD600. Unless you are using super sensitive IEMs, noise is not an issue. Try it. Yes, high gain works in balanced mode.

javre76 likes this.
  10. cathee
    There's been some some rumors on the horizon for a while now but today, of all days, is not the best to get any kind of confirming information.

Gordhifi likes this.
  11. pcyco
    hallo!
    if i use my dx150 as usb-dac there is much crackle to hear. i have no idea where this comes from.
    regards
    thomas

12. Arghavan
    Have you tried pluging into other USB ports and using different USB cables?

13. pcyco
    @Arghavan thanks for the tip. thats it !!!! it was the port. i changed to the port frontside now it works much better.
    regards
    thomas

Arghavan likes this.
  14. Arghavan
    @Paul - iBasso Can we expect a PEQ like this anytime soon? That would be great.
    Untitled-1.jpg

rherinx and CobraMan like this.
  15. CobraMan
    Is this something you sketched up on your own (nice!) or from a real app? Either way it is certainly what I would look for in a EQ app!

Let's hope iBasso adapts something like this for the DX150/DX220/DX200...

Cheers,
    Tim

First

Back
151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171
Next

Last