iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jun 12, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #2,630 of 3,129
is there a amp more powerful then amp6 that sounds like amp6?

Ive heard great things about the Amp 7 but Im reticent to spend MORE money on what should have been a Great sounding DAP to begin with !
Its frustrating to have already upgraded from the less than ideal Amp the 150 was shipped with to then find they have made another amp that is even better :/
Not sure if the Amp 7 is a whopping £160 'better' ??

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #2,631 of 3,129
Unless I am doing something wrong (entirely possible! :))..... when I turn on the DX150, Mango comes up on the home screen and it begins playing the last album I listened to using Mango. I must shut Mango off, then start Poweramp, otherwise both are playing. To me, it seems like there should be a setting to not have it start automatically, but I can't find it. Obviously, removing Mango from the device would solve the problem, I just want to know if that can be done w/o causing other problems with the unit.

When I turn on the DX150, nothing is automatically started. I decide if I use Mango or Neutron.
You can always force Mango to stop and then disable it (settings - apps and notifications - apps information - MangoPlayer). I guess that should not start automatically with that.
If you delete it, I do not know how you could use it as a DAC on the PC.

Jun 12, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #2,633 of 3,129
When I turn on the DX150, nothing is automatically started. I decide if I use Mango or Neutron.
You can always force Mango to stop and then disable it
After 'Force Stop', the option to 'Disable' is there, but it is grayed out... pressing that does nothing. Even after a forced stop, when you leave 'Settings', the Mango player screen is still overlayed on my android home screen, showing the last album played (though it is no longer actually playing). When I turn off the unit and then turn it back on later, Mango is once again active and playing.
:slight_frown:
This isn't crippling, but it IS an annoyance. There must be some reason 'Disable' is always grayed out, which is why I am hesitant to try to remove it.
Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #2,634 of 3,129
After 'Force Stop', the option to 'Disable' is there, but it is grayed out... pressing that does nothing. Even after a forced stop, when you leave 'Settings', the Mango player screen is still overlayed on my android home screen, showing the last album played (though it is no longer actually playing). When I turn off the unit and then turn it back on later, Mango is once again active and playing.
:slight_frown:
This isn't crippling, but it IS an annoyance. There must be some reason 'Disable' is always grayed out, which is why I am hesitant to try to remove it.
Thanks

You're right, I stopped MangoPlayer and the "Disable" option remains gray. What version of android are you using? I updated it to 8.1. Maybe you're using an earlier version? I do not understand why you MangoPlayer starts to replay instantly.

Jun 15, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #2,638 of 3,129
This player has a damn precise EQ, and the filters are really implemented well.

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #2,640 of 3,129
Anyone here experiencing DX150 heating up fast after using it for an hour?
Does the heat, actually, depend on battery level: less level - more heat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back