iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
May 30, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #2,611 of 3,129
agreed. For $525 I snagged an almost new dx150 here, and an amp7 on the bay. Where else can you get this kind of price-perfomance! Sure, battery life could be a bit better with these new discrete amp modules, but with the 150 and 220 you have fast charging. It's a non issue at best, a slight inconvenience at worst.

ibasso has won me over. Despite having more expensive DAPs that may edge out the 150 in sheer detail retrieval, nothing else I have can perform this good "all around". It's an incredible value.

May 31, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #2,612 of 3,129
Agreed entirely, there is little in this world that is as awesome as iBasso is in general :)

I'm playing more and more with the big broda, DX220, and man, I think that the AMP7 thing they designed , which works with DX150, is simply a work of genius :)
Hey I own amp 8, was wondering would I gain anything with amp 7? I own a dx200 and dx220. Great players. I also used to own a dx150 and thought it was Great

Jun 1, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #2,614 of 3,129
Hey I own amp 8, was wondering would I gain anything with amp 7? I own a dx200 and dx220. Great players. I also used to own a dx150 and thought it was Great
Only if you have hard to drive single ended headphones.

Jun 1, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #2,615 of 3,129
Nah, AMP8 is quite comparable to AMP7 with slightly more low end and much more power. Wait for AMP9

Jun 2, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #2,616 of 3,129

Honestly, I still haven't tried AMP8 enough, I guess having no Single Ended output and only a 4.4mm outpout while I take DX220 on-the-go and using Sundara is a bit of an issue for me to get around testing it properly :)

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #2,618 of 3,129
A question for the iBasso DX150 crowd... I have been using the paid version of Poweramp on the DX150 for some time now, and vastly prefer it over the Mango player that comes with the DX150 out of the box. Is there any harm in removing the Mango app from the device? Or is it like a lot of the Google stuff that can be stopped but not removed? Mango starts by default on my DX150 and I cannot seem to stop that behavior... I have to close it, then open Poweramp each time. I can force stop it in Settings, but the next time the player is turned on, it's back. Has anyone simply removed it? I am a little hesitant, since it came pre-installed on the player, like a lot of the Google stuff.

Thanks in advance

Jun 11, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #2,619 of 3,129
Jun 11, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #2,620 of 3,129
A question for the iBasso DX150 crowd... I have been using the paid version of Poweramp on the DX150 for some time now, and vastly prefer it over the Mango player that comes with the DX150 out of the box. Is there any harm in removing the Mango app from the device? Or is it like a lot of the Google stuff that can be stopped but not removed? Mango starts by default on my DX150 and I cannot seem to stop that behavior... I have to close it, then open Poweramp each time. I can force stop it in Settings, but the next time the player is turned on, it's back. Has anyone simply removed it? I am a little hesitant, since it came pre-installed on the player, like a lot of the Google stuff.

Thanks in advance

I use the latest official firmware, with some headphones I prefer Mango and with others I use Neutron. I have no problem using one or the other completely independently.

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #2,621 of 3,129
I use the latest official firmware, with some headphones I prefer Mango and with others I use Neutron. I have no problem using one or the other completely independently.
I think what he is asking is that if there any issues removing Mango completely. In other words, if the system will work properly or some necessary system files will be removed with the removal of Mango.

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #2,622 of 3,129
I think what he is asking is that if there any issues removing Mango completely. In other words, if the system will work properly or some necessary system files will be removed with the removal of Mango.

If you are right, but I understood that you are looking for that solution because he currently have conflicts between Mango and Poweramp. It could be the firmware version.

Jun 11, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #2,623 of 3,129
Unless I am doing something wrong (entirely possible! :))..... when I turn on the DX150, Mango comes up on the home screen and it begins playing the last album I listened to using Mango. I must shut Mango off, then start Poweramp, otherwise both are playing. To me, it seems like there should be a setting to not have it start automatically, but I can't find it. Obviously, removing Mango from the device would solve the problem, I just want to know if that can be done w/o causing other problems with the unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back