iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Nov 16, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #1,741 of 3,129
There is wi-fi problem..I have a connection issue with my dx150. I can only download or stream music online when I in a maximum distance of 2 meters to a WiFi router. I have tested if I face this issue with other WiFi routers but nothing changed. All modems I have tested supporting 2.4 and 5 GHz. Is this a hardware problem or software issue? Do you plan any update to solve this problem?!
Dx150 sorry but a complete disappointment.

I believe its an issue with your unit, like what jamato8 mentioned. My DX150 works as well as my other WiFi devices in terms of it receiving signals.

Nov 17, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #1,742 of 3,129
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has done any extensive listening/comparisons between the DX150 and the newer DX120?
I think someone posted comparisons from a review @twister6 wrote on here before, but can't recall anything since?
It was only a few sentences, but it made it sound (to me) as if the DX120 was superior, which would surprise me a little.
Mind you, I am assuming that he was using AMP6 in that comparison?

I'm idly considering whether to continue to use the DX120 for daily on-the-go, or whether to switch to the DX150 (I own both).
For the DX150, I can choose between AMP3, AMP4s and AMP7.
I'll be using CB12s cable with IT01 or IT03.

Just would like to hear people's recommendations.
Obviously the DX120 wins for form factor and portability, but that's not massively important to be honest.

I like big soundstage and separation, allied with a high level of micro-detail.
Secondary to that, I like a powerful and tactile low end and a kind of shimmering musicality without being overly warm.
I'm still in the process of figuring our what I like best, but that's what I can think of by way of pointers so far.
If anyone has any recommendations regarding AMP combinations with the DX150 or whatever, I'd really appreciate it! :)

Nov 19, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #1,744 of 3,129
Can someone provide information on differences between Amp 6 balanced and AMP8? Is it a must upgrade?
I shall quote @twister6
AMP6 -> AMP8: the same volume level between BAL outputs, wider soundstage, more transparency, tighter bass with a bigger impact, a little more treble sparkle, improvement in layering and dynamics, blacker background, the sound has a little more body and more revealing in comparison.

Nov 19, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #1,745 of 3,129
There is wi-fi problem..I have a connection issue with my dx150. I can only download or stream music online when I in a maximum distance of 2 meters to a WiFi router. I have tested if I face this issue with other WiFi routers but nothing changed. All modems I have tested supporting 2.4 and 5 GHz. Is this a hardware problem or software issue? Do you plan any update to solve this problem?!
Dx150 sorry but a complete disappointment.

I also have this issue. I just assumed it was a firmware-problem, but If it's hardware that's another problem. If it's a matter of a loose antenna then just opening the unit and reattaching should work fine, right? Has anyone done this themselves or should we contact iBasso and return the units?

Nov 19, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #1,746 of 3,129
I also have this issue. I just assumed it was a firmware-problem, but If it's hardware that's another problem. If it's a matter of a loose antenna then just opening the unit and reattaching should work fine, right? Has anyone done this themselves or should we contact iBasso and return the units?

your unit is under warranty right? if yes, then go ask iBasso or the shop/site you purchased the unit from.

Nov 19, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #1,747 of 3,129

The problem is not software, the problem is hardware. That's why I returned the dx150. Me new product will come.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #1,748 of 3,129
The problem is not software, the problem is hardware. That's why I returned the dx150. Me new product will come.
Did you order a replacement or are you getting a different DAP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back