iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Nov 10, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #1,726 of 3,129
Guys, is there a method to install Spotify without the need of installing modded firmware?

Download the Spotify APK from the Google Play Store, copy and paste the APK file in the Internal - Download folder. Use Explorer to go into the Download folder and select the APK. This will install Spotify (Or any app actually) into the 150 without installing the modded firmware.

Nov 11, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #1,727 of 3,129
New DX150 owner doing the burn in procedure now (Amp 6). Anyone have Meze 99 classics with one of the balanced cables if so which one and could you do a comparison with the stock S.E. cable please.

Thanks

Nov 12, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #1,729 of 3,129
@Lurker0

Love your firmware! Tried the stock firmware for a few hours then I flashed later on with your modded firmware. It scales up SQ and give a better listening experience.

I have a quick question though - do you think you add the feature of waking-up the DAP by double tapping on the screen?

Nov 12, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #1,730 of 3,129
do you think you add the feature of waking-up the DAP by double tapping on the screen?
No. Touch screen's power supply is turned off in sleep.

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #1,734 of 3,129
has anyone used the extra screen protector? if yes, is it still plastic or glass screen protector? It feels like the extra screen protector is glass...
better plastic than glass. Glass has not work well when touched the screen at the corners. My testing results. Now I have nothing because dx150 has gorilla glass on its own.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #1,735 of 3,129
I recently purchase a micro SD card and upon insert into DX150, it prompt that option: Use it as protable media and another option is use it to store app.

What do you guys choose ?

If I choose for the second one, what happened if I reset the device, once the device restarted, will it get the app from Micro SD card ?

Nov 15, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #1,736 of 3,129
I just don’t see the sense of buying a Dap when you can connect a Dragonfly Red or Cyrus stick in the 100 something buck range to an iPhone . I’m not sure where most people are listening to their daps , but I’m guessing on the road , gym , subway , etc . Pretty noisy environments . If I’m listening at home , I’m listening to floor standing speakers with a high quality like a Yggy .

I don’t mean to offend anyone but I’d be interested to find out what listening environment most dap users are using their device .

I have tried multiple daps , including the Onkyo , and they all skipped with downloaded Tidal tracks onto a sd card . That is a deal breaker for me as I listen mostly to Tidal .

HAHA. Found an interesting old post.
For me, I actually use DAPs both at home and on the go. Stacking up the phone drains more battery. My phone can't even last a day with normal use so I am pretty sure stacking it will only kill it faster.
My wife and I are into totally different kind music (me classical/instrument vs. her electro pop/rock), and we both agreed that we can forget about speakers.
Since I buy and rig CDs, so streaming isn't my concern.

Nov 16, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #1,737 of 3,129
better plastic than glass. Glass has not work well when touched the screen at the corners. My testing results. Now I have nothing because dx150 has gorilla glass on its own.

Hhhmmm...have you tried to put glass screen protector on the dx150 itself? If yes, where did you purchase it?

Because I always put glass screen protector on all of my electronics (if they offer one) and have not observed what you mentioned on any of them. They all worked great!

I prefer glass as your fingers glides better on them. Just my preferrence.

I recently purchase a micro SD card and upon insert into DX150, it prompt that option: Use it as protable media and another option is use it to store app.

What do you guys choose ?

If I choose for the second one, what happened if I reset the device, once the device restarted, will it get the app from Micro SD card ?

I actually tried the 2nd option When I 1st got the prompt (to treat the microSD as internal storage) Using a Samsung Evo+ 128GB - it failed! It kinda froze at 20%, then after a few minutes, gave me the failed prompt.

So I disregarded that prompt and went into settings instead to format the card - using the 1st option.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #1,738 of 3,129
If you have the problem again please email me at paul@ibasso.com and also send me a song that causes the problem on WeTransfer. We have tested all formats numerous times and have not had this issue but issues can come up and we will always seek to correct them. I am glad it is working for you now. You can also do a factory reset as the first method to correct issues.
There is wi-fi problem..I have a connection issue with my dx150. I can only download or stream music online when I in a maximum distance of 2 meters to a WiFi router. I have tested if I face this issue with other WiFi routers but nothing changed. All modems I have tested supporting 2.4 and 5 GHz. Is this a hardware problem or software issue? Do you plan any update to solve this problem?!
Dx150 sorry but a complete disappointment.

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #1,739 of 3,129
There is wi-fi problem..I have a connection issue with my dx150. I can only download or stream music online when I in a maximum distance of 2 meters to a WiFi router. I have tested if I face this issue with other WiFi routers but nothing changed. All modems I have tested supporting 2.4 and 5 GHz. Is this a hardware problem or software issue? Do you plan any update to solve this problem?!
Sad i was looking at this...

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #1,740 of 3,129
Must be your antenna as I know that can happen if it comes off the connection on the board. I just checked mine and through a wall and about 30 feet away I get 3 bars on 5g and all the bars on 2.4g. So it works as well as my phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back