iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Oct 22, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #1,712 of 3,129
Another question if I may....Since this doesn't support the Google Play Store, does one have to log into their Google account upon the reception of this player?
I can't see why you would have to. In fact you don't have to logon to google account on PHONES (at least you didn't pre android P)...until you want an app that is.

Oct 27, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #1,713 of 3,129
I don’t know about this, but the dx200 with newest firmware does this, and I forgot to write something about this to request it as an optional function rather than standard. Thanks for reminding

Can DX200 owner(s) confirm this? Not being able to power/charge the DAP while using it as a DAC/AMP is completely useless to me. I will mostly be using it as a USB DAC/AMP. If the DX150 cannot do this, and won't be able to via a firmware update due to hardware design, I have to consider the DX200 instead as that's a deal breaker for me.

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #1,714 of 3,129
I'm doing the burn in on my IT04 using iBasso DX150, after I left my IEM connected to DX150 for 3 hours, i felt DX150 a bit warm especially near the power button there, not sure you guys have the similar issue or it is normal ?

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #1,715 of 3,129
I'm doing the burn in on my IT04 using iBasso DX150, after I left my IEM connected to DX150 for 3 hours, i felt DX150 a bit warm especially near the power button there, not sure you guys have the similar issue or it is normal ?

It is normal for it to be a bit warm, although I'd say it is warm on the entire surface, not especially near the power button (?)

Nov 2, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #1,717 of 3,129
From the review I read from Web, knowing that Neutron music player is better than default Mango player. Since DX150 with original firmware did not come with Google Play Store unless flash to Lurker firmware.

If I insist to use stock firmware, possible to install Neutron Music Player ? I tried Spotify and Tidal apk and no issue found.
Neutron Music player is a paid version. Any idea get it install and it is activated in DX150.

Nov 2, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #1,718 of 3,129
From the review I read from Web, knowing that Neutron music player is better than default Mango player. Since DX150 with original firmware did not come with Google Play Store unless flash to Lurker firmware.

If I insist to use stock firmware, possible to install Neutron Music Player ? I tried Spotify and Tidal apk and no issue found.
Neutron Music player is a paid version. Any idea get it install and it is activated in DX150.

Neutron's Site actually has a way for you to legally BUY a license for the player outside of the playstore and manually download the apk from their site (many music players do this, especially in the past because not all countries have paid apps in the playstore). I used to do this with a few music players, and it works well enough.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #1,719 of 3,129
Neutron's Site actually has a way for you to legally BUY a license for the player outside of the playstore
Then the license is bound to an e-mail account. So one should consider how (s)he can create an appropriate account on DX150 w/o Play Market.

Nov 2, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #1,720 of 3,129
Then the license is bound to an e-mail account. So one should consider how (s)he can create an appropriate account on DX150 w/o Play Market.
Oh fair point. Can you maybe download a free email app without the mod would that even work? I installed the mod first thing so i have no idea. Wonder why they didn't use an encrypted file or a passcode or smthg.

Edit: wait..OMG you're lurker.. the Lurker?! :bow:

Nov 4, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #1,721 of 3,129
The default cable come with Sennheiser HD650 is not balanced cable. Is that possible to change to 4.4mm Balanced cable for my HD650 so that I can used it in my DAP with AMP8 ?

Any recommendation ? Not prefer so expensive cable.

Thanks.

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #1,722 of 3,129
The default cable come with Sennheiser HD650 is not balanced cable. Is that possible to change to 4.4mm Balanced cable for my HD650 so that I can used it in my DAP with AMP8 ?

Thanks.

Here is a good thread about HD650 balanced cables.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/affordable-balanced-cable-for-sennheiser-hd650.662135/

I use ALO audio and have had really good experience with there product for quality and service. What is too expensive, especially regrading HI-FI. Haha! Good luck.

Nov 4, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #1,723 of 3,129

Thanks.
I am using this one and it is good enough.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/16-...820.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.44142e0eDRVZga
or this if you want angled plug
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-4...071.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.44142e0eDRVZga

Nov 7, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #1,725 of 3,129
I bought a used DX150 less than a month ago and since then I've installed the lurker software (fantastic) and purchased a new Amp 8 module. I'm really enjoying Amp8. Amp6 was not bad by any means. Even though the ASG2.5 doesn't have difficult-to-drive specs it does seem to do well with more power. I'm thinking about a new IEM. It's been a while since I've purchased an IEM and I kind of like the BA + dynamic driver approach so I will look at offerings from iBasso and Fiio. For ASG2.5 I do have the bass at almost the lowest setting with a very slight turn of the bass dial. I've used the DX150 as a digital transport into my Bimby which is part of a speaker rig. Great for not having to keep a laptop attached to the Bimby.

Nothing new here to report vs what has been reported other than to say I like the DX150, very cool stuff. Before this I've never been a DAP guy. I was skeptical before purchasing because I've tried a handful of low-mid tier to mid-tier DAPs and transportable DAC/amps. I usually ended up selling them off after losing interest. I think the DX150 is here to stay for a while. But, of course there is always the wonder if the DX200 would be the final solution. Well, maybe the DX200ti would be the final solution :wink:.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back