iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Apr 12, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #451 of 3,129
Apr 12, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #453 of 3,129
So when will the DX150 ship? How does it compare to the DX200?

**Edited** OK I got impatient and just purchase one. I'm sure it sounds awesome.

That was quite amusing!
I'm sure you won't be disappointed :D

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #457 of 3,129
I have been listening to mine more than the DX200,X7Mkii.

New toys will always get more love at the start. It's the toys that you come back to in the end that are worth it :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #459 of 3,129
It being the new thing lol

In all seriousness though can you compare the dx150 and dx200 sq wise?

I'm assuming both have characteristics of each dac chip but implementation is important.

Is it as simple as lower end chip = mid fi dap quality?

The qpr2 for example has one 4490 and sounds great id guess due to the amp section and implementation.

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #460 of 3,129
It being the new thing lol

In all seriousness though can you compare the dx150 and dx200 sq wise?

I'm assuming both have characteristics of each dac chip but implementation is important.

Is it as simple as lower end chip = mid fi dap quality?

The qpr2 for example has one 4490 and sounds great id guess due to the amp section and implementation.

Two DACs can sound the same even thiough being different, FiiO Q5 and FiiO X7mkii sound the same when using the same AMP module, I cannot tell them apart, and I can tell cables apart.

I will test the differences between DX200 and DX150 when DX150 arrives, but if using the same AMPlifier module, I would expect the sonic performance to be similar :)

The AMP part usually bears more of the sonic character more than the DAC, DACs tend to only be more or less detailed, with some PRaT and ADSR differences.

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #461 of 3,129
Two DACs can sound the same even thiough being different, FiiO Q5 and FiiO X7mkii sound the same when using the same AMP module, I cannot tell them apart, and I can tell cables apart.

I will test the differences between DX200 and DX150 when DX150 arrives, but if using the same AMPlifier module, I would expect the sonic performance to be similar :)

The AMP part usually bears more of the sonic character more than the DAC, DACs tend to only be more or less detailed, with some PRaT and ADSR differences.
That's interesting, I tried using line out of a few of my DAPs to my objective 2 amp and there definitely is a sonic difference between different dacs.

Maybe both dacs are being limited by the amp section? Or maybe its because the amp section heavily applies its own sound signature?

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #462 of 3,129
That's interesting, I tried using line out of a few of my DAPs to my objective 2 amp and there definitely is a sonic difference between different dacs.

Maybe both dacs are being limited by the amp section? Or maybe its because the amp section heavily applies its own sound signature?

With Q5 and X7mkii it is hard to say why, but I wanted to point that it is possible :)

I also noticed heavier DAC differences sometimes, but those two have

X7mkii - ESS DAC
Q5 - AK DAC

Yet, with the same AMP module, AMP5, both sound the same :)

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #463 of 3,129
So does it better sound performance if using amp1 for dx150 than amp6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back