iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Apr 13, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #482 of 3,129
Ehhh. I don't care about soundstage for this listening type. It's to unnatural most of the time. I prefer my speaker setup when I care about soundstage which honestly isn't to often. Plus, $3500 is obscene for a dap.
I meant it as in it is super airy and transparent. Every instrument is clearly defined and separated and doesn't sound congested even with very busy tracks. Hence the word "holographic". You can hear the front instruments clearly and the back ones are just as well defined. Like looking at holograms (not sure how else to explain it :p )

Apr 13, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #483 of 3,129
I just don’t see the sense of buying a Dap when you can connect a Dragonfly Red or Cyrus stick in the 100 something buck range to an iPhone . I’m not sure where most people are listening to their daps , but I’m guessing on the road , gym , subway , etc . Pretty noisy environments . If I’m listening at home , I’m listening to floor standing speakers with a high quality like a Yggy .

I don’t mean to offend anyone but I’d be interested to find out what listening environment most dap users are using their device .

I have tried multiple daps , including the Onkyo , and they all skipped with downloaded Tidal tracks onto a sd card . That is a deal breaker for me as I listen mostly to Tidal .

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #484 of 3,129
I just don’t see the sense of buying a Dap when you can connect a Dragonfly Red or Cyrus stick in the 100 something buck range to an iPhone . I’m not sure where most people are listening to their daps , but I’m guessing on the road , gym , subway , etc . Pretty noisy environments . If I’m listening at home , I’m listening to floor standing speakers with a high quality like a Yggy .

I don’t mean to offend anyone but I’d be interested to find out what listening environment most dap users are using their device .

I have tried multiple daps , including the Onkyo , and they all skipped with downloaded Tidal tracks onto a sd card . That is a deal breaker for me as I listen mostly to Tidal .

At work where use of mobile phones is not allowed due to security issues. Would make life so much easier for me with regards to daps if they were. I would have bought a 128 gig ipod touch long ago and been out of the race quite happily. Well I say happily I still can't stand itunes so there is that bonus side to it using android I suppose.

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #485 of 3,129

That's the main point that makes me wait 'till I click my mouse buying this new DAP. Does anyone have any kind of feedback regarding playing Tidal tracks downloaded at their maximum resolution?

Cheers.

Apr 13, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #486 of 3,129
That's the main point that makes me wait 'till I click my mouse buying this new DAP. Does anyone have any kind of feedback regarding playing Tidal tracks downloaded at their maximum resolution?

Cheers.
@hornytoad I'm listening to downloaded HiFi files right now on my DX200 and have no skipping. The DX150 has almost the same specs as the DX200.

You know it could be your SD Card. I had something happen like that with a bad SD Card. Another thought is the SD Card may be to slow to play large files like that. I'm using a card that is rated at 90 megabytes a second.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #487 of 3,129
I'm looking for a DAP and the DX150 or DX200 are in the list (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/choosing-a-dap.877135/).

I have two questions about the DX150 (but I guess the same applies to the DX200):
1) considering size and weight, how does it feel when it is in the pocket? I'm concerned about the weight and the depth.
2) is it possible to install Deezer using the same procedure as Tidal, using also offline mode?

Apr 15, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #488 of 3,129

Two main reasons for me: stacking (awkward, 2 batteries to charge) & phone battery would drain quickly. I use a Dap mostly indoors (so I don't disturb others and can walk around). I like the intimacy of hearing my music through iem's, and for me a good quality Dap is as enjoyable as free standing equipment.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #489 of 3,129
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 15, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #491 of 3,129
What are the nice surprises for us non 150 owners?

When the DX150 owners download the update, it automatically transfers ownership of the DX150 to someone else on this thread :wink:

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #494 of 3,129
Good, maybe one will come my way.
Still deciding between this or the Hiby R3 with xDSD.

Well, if you have any questions about the DX150 or need any advice to help you decide, just ask away; I'm sure myself or others would be happy to help you make an informed decision :)

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #495 of 3,129
Here is what was listed in the readme file....

Improvements with this firmware:

1. "Sound Style" option now can be found under Settins/Sound & Notification.
2. Bluetooth DAC+AMP feature has been added that allows the DX150 to receive audio streaming from smartphones and other devices capable of streaming using Bluetooth.
3. Rectified the bug that some album artwork can not be displayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back