iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Apr 23, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #2,477 of 3,129
is there a way to remove the lurker addon without a full reset?
Apply the latest official OTA update, and it should remove the add-on from the device.

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #2,481 of 3,129
I'm getting my ibasso dx150 and amp 8 soon. So excited! I'll be running it with my focal elex which are 80 ohms with a sensitivity of 104 dB SPL / 1 mW at 1 kHz. Not too hard to drive. Should I set it to high or low gain on the amp? Do you lose power output when set to low gain?

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #2,483 of 3,129
i would say listen and decide :wink:
Very true but I would like to know if I have it on low gain, would it limit the max power output as compared to high gain? As with home theater amps I always perfer to set them lower on gain as they do not limit power output and at the same time benefit from lower noise. Wondering if it works the same in amp 8.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #2,485 of 3,129
Is it worth installing Lurker's firmware? Is it a lot better than stock? How stable are his firmware compared to stock?

You can switch to Mango player [only] (without the android stuff)
You should also get more battery life using Lurkers O/S

Im not particularly impressed with the player over all - for £500 there should be no stuttering / long pauses etc
beyond that the sound is great, although again 1x card slot is a bit of a piss take for that kind of money :/
End fo the day though I certainly dont regret the upgrade from the DX80 :)

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #2,487 of 3,129
how much longer is the battery live with the lurkers. approximately.

Im not sure...I seem to remember up to an hour?
depends on many factors though...the more the headphone demands / the higher the bit depth nd sample rate the more quickly the battery drains...which is normal

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #2,488 of 3,129
You can switch to Mango player [only] (without the android stuff)
You should also get more battery life using Lurkers O/S

Im not particularly impressed with the player over all - for £500 there should be no stuttering / long pauses etc
beyond that the sound is great, although again 1x card slot is a bit of a piss take for that kind of money :/
End fo the day though I certainly dont regret the upgrade from the DX80 :)
Does Mango player only mode improve sq at all?

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #2,490 of 3,129
Does Mango player only mode improve sq at all?

Im not sure tbh - not to the degree that it has been reported...so most likely not. Certainly its not worse
Ive used both O'S and haven't noticed any difference. The lurker o/s tend to be ore about functionality rather than effecting the sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back