iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jun 29, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #1,216 of 3,129
Noted Alex, TBH it was ok before I upgrade it to FW 275, I managed to install and use both Spotify & UAPP.

I was getting this exact same behavior on the official FW 2.9.250. I tried all kinds of suggestions from googling what might fix this. Supposedly it has to do with a mismatch between play services & play store. Nothing I tried made it work, until eventually Lurker firmware was released.

If you had this working, and you haven't already upgraded to lurker FW and don't want to, I guess a question would be did you on 250 install some google play services APK in addition to the google play store APK, and then forgot to do that after factory reset and upgrade to 275?

Jun 29, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #1,217 of 3,129
I will have the specifications to place here very soon. For the AMP8 the power output is 1.2 watts. The measurements are extremely good so I think people will find that both amps are very quiet with an excellent noise floor and fast providing dynamics to complement the music.

1.2 watts!!!... I'm impressed. I wonder how that will affect battery life. Not sure if my pockets can handle buying additional AMP modules, but I might be tempted.

Hey everyone. New DX150 owner here. I'm comeing from a DX200. I have a question about Mango player. On the DX200 there is a Android app Mango player and a stand alone mango player. Does anyone know why iBasso didn't include the standalone Mango player on the DX150?

Easy, the DX150 is a less expensive step dower model and the DX200 is their top of the line player. Considering how good the DX150 is they do have to have some differentiators between the different tiers, this is one of those differentiators.

Jun 30, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #1,218 of 3,129
What's the average battery life for the player atm? Also how is the "lag" these days with either offical or lurkers firmware?

Thanks

Jun 30, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #1,219 of 3,129
What's the average battery life for the player atm? Also how is the "lag" these days with either offical or lurkers firmware?

Thanks
I never experienced any lag on my DX150. It arrived with FW 2.9.250 and responded just fine playing FLAC files. The latest FW release - 2.10.275 - is reported to have solved any lag, however. On my player, the peel-off screen overlay sheet applied for shipping did leave a slight residue behind. I found this did interfere with the response. Once cleaned off, the unit reacted very snappy to commands!

Battery life with stock FW is fine for me - I just charge it overnight and it's good for the next day. If you search the forum, I believe some have tested the battery life more scientifically.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #1,220 of 3,129

I can't say on the battery as I too usually charge overnight. As far as lag goes, I haven't experienced any on the DX150. It's been pretty snappy for me. I was on the original firmware for a bit but use Lurker's latest now. I never noticed lag on either though.

Jun 30, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #1,223 of 3,129

Thanks

Just got mine a few days ago. I believe it came with the latest FW and I didn't experience any lag. It's not as snappy as a modern Smartphone, good enough for a DAP.

Touch screen responsiveness is also not on par with modern smartphones. It's ok, but sometimes you have to be very deliberate with you touches and sometimes it takes more than one try.

As for batter life I can't really say. I don't usually listen for extended periods. But from all the accounts I've read 8 hours shouldn't be an issue in most cases (of course that depends what kind of files, headphones and volumes you will using).

I pretty quickly upgraded to Lukers firmware as having the play store baked makes it very convenient. I believe there may be some battery benefits with Lukers FW also.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #1,225 of 3,129
Has anyone noticed:

*on occasion, when starting a new/different "album" a split second of sound is missing at the beginning? (Almost like a signal relay is in effect.) I have to rewind playback to very beginning to restart song.

*the file tag info pop-up overlay on the album art doesn't "scroll" displaying the complete info? I listen to a lot of classical music and I like to see movement names, etc scroll across this banner.
(I'd also find it helpful to have this info scroll on the "Music Info" & track listing pages, too! )

Just curious about other's experiences with these minor issues...

Thanks!

Jul 1, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #1,226 of 3,129
Has anyone noticed:

*on occasion, when starting a new/different "album" a split second of sound is missing at the beginning? (Almost like a signal relay is in effect.) I have to rewind playback to very beginning to restart song.

*the file tag info pop-up overlay on the album art doesn't "scroll" displaying the complete info? I listen to a lot of classical music and I like to see movement names, etc scroll across this banner.
(I'd also find it helpful to have this info scroll on the "Music Info" & track listing pages, too! )

Just curious about other's experiences with these minor issues...

Thanks!

Nope I don't have that issue at all, I don't think that's normal.

Is your FW up to date?

Jul 1, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #1,227 of 3,129
Nope I don't have that issue at all, I don't think that's normal.

Is your FW up to date?

Yes, I have the latest FW installed. By using the "X" and closing out of the Mango Player, then restarting playback, the scrolling info began again. I'll have to check into the slight playback stutter issue further. See if certain conditions causes it to happen.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #1,228 of 3,129
Yes, I have the latest FW installed. By using the "X" and closing out of the Mango Player, then restarting playback, the scrolling info began again. I'll have to check into the slight playback stutter issue further. See if certain conditions causes it to happen.

For the most part I have found playback to be issue free. I'm happy for playback performance.

I'm not really sure what your, "scrolling info" is. I don't have any scrolling info on my device. Maybe my tags aaren't ling enough to be needed.

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #1,229 of 3,129
For the most part I have found playback to be issue free. I'm happy for playback performance.

I'm not really sure what your, "scrolling info" is. I don't have any scrolling info on my device. Maybe my tags aaren't ling enough to be needed.

Many classical music tracks have long movement names (ie, Sonata No. 2 in A Major I. Allegretto con moto) which DOES scroll in the banner area that pops up over the album art..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back