iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Mar 13, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #76 of 3,129
The DX150 will accept what the standard is for the micro SD card. For now that seems to be 2TB. The largest currently available micro SD card is 400gb and it works without issue. That is a lot of music to enjoy!
That's more than I can byte lol

Mar 13, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #77 of 3,129
My only thing that is keeping me from buying the Cayin N5ii right now is that it seems to be having processor issues, with the device not being able to handle regular use due to only having 1gb of ram (freezing up,being slow, etc). I see Snapdragon 425 with 2gb ram on this and don't think I'd hae to worry about that. Gonna wait for user reviews on this before I make my decision.

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #78 of 3,129
My only thing that is keeping me from buying the Cayin N5ii right now is that it seems to be having processor issues, with the device not being able to handle regular use due to only having 1gb of ram (freezing up,being slow, etc). I see Snapdragon 425 with 2gb ram on this and don't think I'd hae to worry about that. Gonna wait for user reviews on this before I make my decision.
I think this is a crucial consideration in choosing an android-based DAP, as the processor and the RAM play a central role in the overall performance of the player. I will demo the N5ii shortly as part of a review tour, I wish I could do the same with the DX150 and compare.

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #79 of 3,129
I think this is a crucial consideration in choosing an android-based DAP, as the processor and the RAM play a central role in the overall performance of the player.

Err, yeah.... I have to agree with you, there. I'm not sure what platform they are, but Cowon's Plenue D and (to a lesser degree) Plenue J have low spec processors which struggle to handle the bloated firmware Cowon seem to have lazily burdened them with, presumably because they want them to run variants of the same core code as their higher-spec'd DAPs. Suits Cowon down to the ground but screws their D and J customers. I feel sorry for D customers - I replaced my old J3 very recently, and went for the J, but if it'd been a month earlier, I'd have gone for the D and I'd be spitting feathers. As it is, the J has totally unnecessary irritations, and the D has even more.

To be fair, though, iBasso aren't guilt-free on this topic - I owned a second-batch DX100 and it sounded fabulous, but boy-oh-boy was it insanely laggy!

It's nice to see iBasso making a bit more of an effort to spec sufficient CPU performance in their newer DAPs.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #82 of 3,129
I actually don't have more than 400GB of music at this moment :)

Looking forward to the moment this will change, but so far, it has been more than enough for me :)
That's it! I have 3tb and counting, mostly FLAC and DSD. But, none the less, 400gb is still a lot of music. Cant wait to buy this and the it04.

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #84 of 3,129
I had the pleasure of sampling this at CamJam NY and was soooo ready to plunk down my money.....even bought the IT01 in anticipation.....come on Ibasso!!!!!! When are we getting getting this sweet DAP????
Almost pilled the trigger on an A&K70II....had to reel it back in.

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #85 of 3,129
I had the pleasure of sampling this at CamJam NY and was soooo ready to plunk down my money.....even bought the IT01 in anticipation.....come on Ibasso!!!!!! When are we getting getting this sweet DAP????
Almost pilled the trigger on an A&K70II....had to reel it back in.

From the first post: Projected release March 24, less than a week :)

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #86 of 3,129
Mar 18, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #88 of 3,129
Depending on implementation of the DAC this may be my next dap. The x5iii was not great at all. I found the opus 1 to be better hence me picking it up. I just have issues with opus very outdated ui.

Might be worth saving some more and just going to the dx200 shrug.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #89 of 3,129
Depending on implementation of the DAC this may be my next day. The x5iii was not great at all. I found the opus 1 to be better hence me picking it up. I just have issues with opus very outdated ui.

Might be worth saving some more and just going to the dx200 shrug.
If upon the intrduction of the dx150 the price of the dx200 gets reduced I might do the same thing, If however it stays where it is AND the dx150 gets cosistently good user reviews I think I'll save myself a few hundred bucks and go for the latter.

Mar 18, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #90 of 3,129
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back