iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jul 1, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #1,231 of 3,129
My review of the DX150. Enjoy reading everyone! :beyersmile:

https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2018/07/02/ibasso-dx150/

dx150.jpg

Jul 2, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #1,232 of 3,129
Has anyone figured out how to consistently get decent standby battery usage on this thing?

I sometimes get ~3-4% battery usage per day (awesome) on standby, and sometimes 25%. Seemingly random. It's frustrating because I know with the right conditions, it *can* use a sensible amount of battery on standby...

I understand that I *can* workaround by shutting down and starting back up when I want to play again, but sometimes I forget to shut it down or I need to leave in a hurry. Besides I really shouldn't have to do this...

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #1,235 of 3,129
how to wake up the dx150 apart using power button .. lets say play button / vol pot
Play button is sensed via ADC, and thus require CPU to be active to read the values. So, it is not possible to wake up using Play button. Same for Next/Prev.

It is possible to wake up using Vol "buttons". But it will lead to display turned on each time you rotate the knob. I'm in doubt it would be appreciated by most of users.
It is not possible (at least without too much efforts) to make a user level option for Vol knob to either wake up or not, without flashing a new firmware.
My idea is to preserve the power button life
I think you underestimate its robustness :)

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #1,236 of 3,129
Play button is sensed via ADC, and thus require CPU to be active to read the values. So, it is not possible to wake up using Play button. Same for Next/Prev.

It is possible to wake up using Vol "buttons". But it will lead to display turned on each time you rotate the knob. I'm in doubt it would be appreciated by most of users.
It is not possible (at least without too much efforts) to make a user level option for Vol knob to either wake up or not, without flashing a new firmware.
I think you underestimate its robustness :)

Ha! I am enlighten thanks @Lurker0 ! All those thought glanced when I am playing with my android phone when 2x tap to wake up camera or vol pressing.

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #1,237 of 3,129
That's odd, I just tried and I don't get any scrolling even with long song titles in classical music. Oh well, doesn't bother me really.

Here's an example of the info scroll on my DX150 :

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #1,238 of 3,129
Jul 3, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #1,240 of 3,129
Is there anyway to get an EQ to work with Spotify?

I was using Viper4Android on my rooted V20 and the EQ was system wide. Is there anyway to get Viper4Android to work with the DX150?

I used TWRP to flash V4A on my V20, I'm not sure if that's possible with the DX150 (and haven't found any info on it).

I wish the DX150 had a system wide EQ.

Jul 4, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #1,243 of 3,129
Can I use any streaming service available in android?

Absolutely.

I personally used some streaming with Success, by installing the APK when a friend wanted to try streaming on a high-end device.

I think that if you install Lurker's you can make any kind of app work because Lurker's also has Google Play integration :)

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #1,245 of 3,129
Did anyone order Amp7/8 ?.
Quite a few AMP8's ordered in the DX200 thread. Some first impressions already posted if you're interested. What applies to DX200 will pretty much apply to DX150 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back