iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Mar 25, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #136 of 3,129
So on the 25th (Sunday), will it be available on the ibasso website for sale, or on Amazon?
My order
Very soon now. I think you will be happy you waited.

I think I have said the 24th of March. It is the 25th for release. Sorry for the error.

My order has been placed!!....and I even payed for express shipping, something I never do...lol

Mar 25, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #137 of 3,129
Nice to see some of you ordering one, on good faith!

Yes Ibasso ship worldwide. I paid 27 usd for express shipping, last time I ordered from Ibasso it literally took 2 working days to reach my doorstep in Europe. I can't wait 2-3 months.... :)

I won't be buying a DX150 as it's too bulky for me and, as I've only just bought a Plenue J (which is, itself, far from perfect).

However, as a past DX100 customer, I can reassure potential DX150 customers that I found iBasso good to order from, directly. They weren't great at communicating each stage of the process, but they did ship quite efficiently and did as much as they could to make the import process as painless an experience as possible. Any of you reading this who are the other side of the world from China: you do not need to feel nervous about ordering from iBasso in China - it all went very smoothly when I ordered my DX100, to Europe.

Good luck to iBasso with this release, and good luck to DX150 customers - I hope you enjoy your DAP!
cheers beerchug EMOTICON.gif

Mar 25, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #138 of 3,129

I won't be buying a DX150 as it's too bulky for me and, as I've only just bought a Plenue J (which is, itself, far from perfect).

However, as a past DX100 customer, I can reassure potential DX150 customers that I found iBasso good to order from, directly. They weren't great at communicating each stage of the process, but they did ship quite efficiently and did as much as they could to make the import process as painless an experience as possible. Any of you reading this who are the other side of the world from China: you do not need to feel nervous about ordering from iBasso in China - it all went very smoothly when I ordered my DX100, to Europe.

Good luck to iBasso with this release, and good luck to DX150 customers - I hope you enjoy your DAP!

Generally from what I've read it's fine from China to Europe. It's from Europe to your front door where the fun can sometimes happen!

Mar 25, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #139 of 3,129
I'm super interested in this device
I've been on the hunt for an Android-based device so I can stream/download offline
I was about to pull the trigger on the N5ii but all the current bug reports have given me pause
The R6 sounds great but who knows when I will be able to get one
The R3 sounds enticing but it currently only will have TIDAL streaming
This device seems like it might make sense for me
But a few questions....
  1. I'm not an Android user and I understand this device will not have the Google Play Store... how does one "sideload" Android Apps so I will be able to stream? Is it difficult?
  2. I have been reading that starting in Android 6, the SD card can be formatted to be seen by the device as "extended internal memory"... will this be able to be done on this device?
  3. Is the device really much larger/heavier than N5ii and/or R6?
Thanks

Mar 25, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #140 of 3,129
Quick follow up questions (from an Android novice)
2a. Will it be possible to "sideload" the Google Play Store to the device and then be able to use the app/store as if the app came pre-installed on the device?

Mar 25, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #141 of 3,129
Will it be possible to "sideload" the Google Play Store
Google Play app requires permissions available for pre-installed applications only.

Mar 25, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #142 of 3,129
Generally from what I've read it's fine from China to Europe. It's from Europe to your front door where the fun can sometimes happen!

Well, that can sometimes be the situation, but that's not really iBasso's fault...

DHL, FedEx, etc. can all be a bit heavy-handed (and greedy) with their collection of import duty, but sometimes one gets lucky.

Just be glad you don't live in a country where there is widespread corruption and packages routinely go missing (I could name some, but I'd rather not).

Mar 25, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #143 of 3,129
Google Play app requires permissions available for pre-installed applications only.
Well that's quite inconvenient :/

Mar 25, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #144 of 3,129
Well, that can sometimes be the situation, but that's not really iBasso's fault...

DHL, FedEx, etc. can all be a bit heavy-handed (and greedy) with their collection of import duty, but sometimes one gets lucky.

Just be glad you don't live in a country where there is widespread corruption and packages routinely go missing (I could name some, but I'd rather not).
Having to pay more isn't that much of an issue. Over here, they detain your package and make you go to a customs clearance office to settle the tax.

And guess what, you have to claim it within 2 weeks or else it gets "confiscated" (stolen).

Mar 25, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #145 of 3,129
I'm super interested in this device
I've been on the hunt for an Android-based device so I can stream/download offline
I was about to pull the trigger on the N5ii but all the current bug reports have given me pause
The R6 sounds great but who knows when I will be able to get one
The R3 sounds enticing but it currently only will have TIDAL streaming
This device seems like it might make sense for me
But a few questions....
  1. I'm not an Android user and I understand this device will not have the Google Play Store... how does one "sideload" Android Apps so I will be able to stream? Is it difficult?
  2. I have been reading that starting in Android 6, the SD card can be formatted to be seen by the device as "extended internal memory"... will this be able to be done on this device?
  3. Is the device really much larger/heavier than N5ii and/or R6?
Thanks
1. How to do this is described in details in the DX200 thread, it's not difficult. Don't have time to write or copy/paste it now.
2. Have never done this and don't need it. Tidal/Spotify can read SD cards.
3. Yes quite a bit bigger/heavier. If size is important the DX150 is not for you.

Mar 25, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #146 of 3,129
I have owned and enjoyed a dx80 until recently, so I have no qualms ordering from iBasso "blindfolded". I will soon receive the N5ii as part of a review tour, looking forward to compare the if I'll be lucky enough to have them both around the same time .

Mar 25, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #147 of 3,129
The DX150 is a little longer about 10mm and wider, again about 10mm than the DX80. I got a lot of listening and playing with it and frankly, size was not an issue. Have a great quality screen and changeable amps is a big plus IMO. Also the sound is smooth, detailed and different compared to the DX200. They are like a different view of the music. I really like the looks of the DX150 also, very clean but with a good tactile feel. The play button even has a little nipple on it so you know by touch where you are. . . .Ok, back to the music. . .

Mar 25, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #148 of 3,129
Can anyone give insight on the dx150 sound sig vs the dx200?

Mar 25, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #149 of 3,129
Can anyone give insight on the dx150 sound sig vs the dx200?
Considering it sounds fuller and richer than both the R6 and N5ii I would say it would be a smoother and more polite sounding version of the DX200 if they use the same amp modules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back