iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jun 19, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #1,156 of 3,129
When you order from Ibasso they will send you information when it is ordered, when it is shipped, and the Tracking Number and who shipped by. At least that has been my experience so far.

Mostly this for me. However there have been times when I didn't receive an initial email, but understand that's not too uncommon. I always choose the expedited shipping (DHL) and once the order is processed the communication is very good and delivery has been quick. It's just that sometimes the initial email has been slow to arrive. That's my experience anyway.

Jun 19, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #1,157 of 3,129
I like the looks of the DX150, feature-wise and especially having modular amp design but I will wait until they open up a more flexible order method by which you can order directly the module you want with it from day 1 or just sell it without the amp and let you add that on separately.

Jun 19, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #1,158 of 3,129
I like the looks of the DX150, feature-wise and especially having modular amp design but I will wait until they open up a more flexible order method by which you can order directly the module you want with it from day 1 or just sell it without the amp and let you add that on separately.
We'll see, but I think you'll be waiting a long time for that to happen.

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #1,166 of 3,129
I know there was a Chinese holiday on Monday so that may have delayed things for a few days.

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #1,168 of 3,129

We'll see, but I think you'll be waiting a long time for that to happen.

A really long time.

A really, really long time. They have not offered this option yet with the DX200 so I highly doubt they will with the DX150 either. These units are packaged, sealed and prepared for fulfillment sitting in a warehouse somewhere. It's not as though when you order they assemble and package your specific unit and send it out.

If you're hoping to somehow avoid the cost of buying an amp you will not use, I suggest trying to find a deal on a used DX150 at some point. As others have said, Amp 6 is quite good as far as the "factory default" amp goes and unless it does not provide a feature that you need, you may be happy with it.

Jun 20, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #1,170 of 3,129
A really, really long time. They have not offered this option yet with the DX200 so I highly doubt they will with the DX150 either. These units are packaged, sealed and prepared for fulfillment sitting in a warehouse somewhere. It's not as though when you order they assemble and package your specific unit and send it out.

If you're hoping to somehow avoid the cost of buying an amp you will not use, I suggest trying to find a deal on a used DX150 at some point. As others have said, Amp 6 is quite good as far as the "factory default" amp goes and unless it does not provide a feature that you need, you may be happy with it.

Being fair Fiio offer the option of buying in the x7 units without an amp so it's not a completely left field suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back