iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Feb 11, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #2,206 of 3,129
Anybody have the issue when using the Lurker firmware add on, when you open the google play store, the screen shows signing in, then goes black? Everything else seems to be running okay.
Have you gotten your device certified from Google?

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #2,208 of 3,129
I'm trying to use the update took to go to the new iBasso software from the Lurker software so I can upgrade to the newest Lurker software.

I'm getting hung up on adding the firmware to the tool. What file am I clicking on? It doesn't recognize the file.

BTW, I'm on Windows 10.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #2,210 of 3,129
I'm trying to use the update took to go to the new iBasso software from the Lurker software so I can upgrade to the newest Lurker software.

I'm getting hung up on adding the firmware to the tool. What file am I clicking on? It doesn't recognize the file.

BTW, I'm on Windows 10.
could you try dropping the zip on the the device and do the update that way? I didn't use the tool method.

Feb 12, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #2,211 of 3,129
You know that can be this, I'm using Super Slow Roll Off... filter bug maybe?
This is/was a known bug with earlier editions of the firmware. If you reboot or restart with the filter set to super slow roll off, the right channel amplitude will be depressed. If you like that filter, try setting it to another before powering off. A reboot with another setting should return volume on the right-hand channel if it's depressed.

Feb 13, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #2,212 of 3,129
This is/was a known bug with earlier editions of the firmware. If you reboot or restart with the filter set to super slow roll off, the right channel amplitude will be depressed. If you like that filter, try setting it to another before powering off. A reboot with another setting should return volume on the right-hand channel if it's depressed.
Is this happening with the current firmware?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 14, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #2,214 of 3,129
could you try dropping the zip on the the device and do the update that way? I didn't use the tool method.
I'm going from the older Lurker software to the new one and as a result I cannot use this method.

Feb 15, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #2,216 of 3,129
How is dx150 with Tidal offline to sdcard?
Does it work flawlessly?

I have Tidal HiFi and this is what I use my DX150 for most of the time. Tidal offline worked well on Android 6, but I had some issues with the network connection (plus the device overall was very slow). On the 1.0 release of Android 8, I had some playback stuttering with both online and offline, BUT I also didn't do a hard reset after that install.

A few days ago I updated to the 1.03 release of Android 8, did a hard reset, installed the latest Lurker add on and did another hard reset. Both online and offline play in Tidal has been flawless since then. I use the internal storage for the Tidal offline files, but as long as you have a decent SD card I can't see that being any different.

One thing I cannot get to work on the latest firmware version is the screen time-out - I set it at 30 minutes, but it seems intent on turning off the screen after only about 10.

Feb 15, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #2,217 of 3,129
I have Tidal HiFi and this is what I use my DX150 for most of the time. Tidal offline worked well on Android 6, but I had some issues with the network connection (plus the device overall was very slow). On the 1.0 release of Android 8, I had some playback stuttering with both online and offline, BUT I also didn't do a hard reset after that install.

A few days ago I updated to the 1.03 release of Android 8, did a hard reset, installed the latest Lurker add on and did another hard reset. Both online and offline play in Tidal has been flawless since then. I use the internal storage for the Tidal offline files, but as long as you have a decent SD card I can't see that being any different.

One thing I cannot get to work on the latest firmware version is the screen time-out - I set it at 30 minutes, but it seems intent on turning off the screen after only about 10.

Thanks for the reply.. i mainly uses Tidal offline to sdcard so i am glad that it worked..
Now i am firm to get this player..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back