iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Apr 8, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #1,321 of 2,153
My DX120 is taking hours to fully charge. Is this normal? I´ve tried many different cables and adapters, nothing seems to work.
Its like I´m charging it with the "slow 500mA speed" from a laptot, maybe even slower...
Tried updating FW, factory reset, what can I do? I really like its sound and functions, but charging it overnight is kinda bummer :/

Charging time is normally around 2 hours for a complete charge. Are you using a quick charger?

Apr 8, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #1,322 of 2,153
Charging time is normally around 2 hours for a complete charge. Are you using a quick charger?
Yes, I even tried dash charger (faster than QC) from my Oneplus phone
I don't necessarily need it to charge instantly with QC, but this takes soo long...
I've seen some people are reporting problems with charging this device, maybe its some bug.. or maybe hardware problem? :xf_eek:
I was hoping someone with similar experience could help.

Apr 8, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #1,323 of 2,153
I have noticed that when I am using the fast charger and check after about 1,5 hours the DX120 displays that it has 75% charge, disconnecting and reconnecting it to the charger, the dx120 suddenly displays that is has been fully charged, so the display is not 100% accurate.

Apr 8, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #1,324 of 2,153
I am debating about whether or not to pick up this player. It looks solid but perhaps not as much as the Astell and Kern lower end model?

Apr 8, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #1,326 of 2,153
Damn, just when I'm about to buy a dx120, I read this about the defective battery. Is it a recurring problem?
I use mine all the time and have zero problems with the battery. Nothing is perfect but haven't read of any battery issues.

I am debating about whether or not to pick up this player. It looks solid but perhaps not as much as the Astell and Kern lower end model?

I have a couple of AK and they are not any better made. The sound quality of the DX120 is also very good and the balanced output has plenty of power, unlike my AK100II.

Apr 9, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #1,329 of 2,153
Damn, just when I'm about to buy a dx120, I read this about the defective battery. Is it a recurring problem?
I have had the DX120 since mid September 2018 and have not experienced any charging problems. I use a Samsung USB Mains charger and never takes more than 2 hours to charge from 20%. It runs for about 7 hours down to 20%. I play Flac 16 bit and 24 bit. I use 2 x 400Gb Sandisk cards. I load the cards via my PC in a card reader not directly connected to the DAP. This is an excellent DAP. I have been listening to "Hi-Fi", as it was called then, for 48 years, and I must say the quality of the music produced by this little machine is incredible.

Apr 9, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #1,330 of 2,153
I have had the DX120 since mid September 2018 and have not experienced any charging problems. I use a Samsung USB Mains charger and never takes more than 2 hours to charge from 20%. It runs for about 7 hours down to 20%. I play Flac 16 bit and 24 bit. I use 2 x 400Gb Sandisk cards. I load the cards via my PC in a card reader not directly connected to the DAP. This is an excellent DAP. I have been listening to "Hi-Fi", as it was called then, for 48 years, and I must say the quality of the music produced by this little machine is incredible.

I appreciate your comment! Then it is decided. Today I'll order one for Penon Audio.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #1,331 of 2,153
Hello,

I may have missed it while browsing the thread, but my DX120 does not charge when plugged to my laptop as a usb DAC (and the battery is draining pretty fast in this case), is there an option to tick to change this ?

Apr 10, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #1,332 of 2,153
Hi you!

My father needs a new DAP and I think this one could be the choice. Only needs three things:

1.- Ability to read CUE files

2.- Capable to display covers without great effort, for example, renaming the file to "cover" or "folder"

3.- Enough power on SE to drive the Beyerdyamic DT1990 Pro (250 ohm)

What do you think about it? He won't use streaming and will use to hear classical music.

Thank you very much!

Apr 10, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #1,334 of 2,153
Mal Waldron: I don't own it, but am planning to get it next month. Balanced out it has 400 mW at 32 ohm load,

Problem is that his favorite headphones (he doesn't like IEMs) cannot run balanced except making a serious mod...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back