iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Sep 11, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #152 of 2,153
^if powering IT04 or sensitive iems and you don’t want hiss?

A little less hiss with #1S, also considering the output is less powerful.

Sep 12, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #153 of 2,153
I got so many questions about this comparison, I will cover it in my review. But in a summary, if you already have #1S, DX120 will be more of a side-grade with a different tonality and a similar technical performance. But if you are deciding between #1S and DX120, DX120 would be my personal choice (higher power of BAL output, longer battery life, more compact footprint, metal instead of plastic chassis, and $100 cheaper). Of course, you can also look at dx120 as an upgrade, but keep in mind when you are selling yours Opus#1S, you will probably going to take a hit.

thank you, hope to read your review soon. if only there was a leather case for the DX120..

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #154 of 2,153
But in a summary, if you already have #1S, DX120 will be more of a side-grade with a different tonality and a similar technical performance.

I ll wait for your full review. But at the moment it seems like DX120 will be a side-grade at best to the Pono Player on SQ alone. Shanling M5s will be under 500 USD, so maybe its more what iam after.

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #155 of 2,153
I ll wait for your full review. But at the moment it seems like DX120 will be a side-grade at best to the Pono Player on SQ alone. Shanling M5s will be under 500 USD, so maybe its more what iam after.

I didn't realize I'm doing full time promotion and support of DX120 :p Gotta ping Paul to find out if they are hiring lol! j/k :D

Regarding your question, don't assume anything until you have both side by side for comparison, playing the same song, using the same pair of IEMs/headphones volume matched between daps.

Also, so many new daps today, so many new releases, so much price variation, and not as much of night'n'day difference in sound while more drastic difference in features, size, ergonomics, storage, build quality, etc.

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #156 of 2,153
thank you, hope to read your review soon. if only there was a leather case for the DX120..

I already talked to MITER, they gonna look into that. And I reminded them, no kickstand :D

Sep 12, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #157 of 2,153
I have heard the Pono player and this isn't a side-grade in my opinion. It steps up in dynamics and sound of the size of the soundstage/playing venue. Other areas I prefer as well, regarding sound but those two things jump out at me. No, to me, not the same regarding sound and certainly not in UI.

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #158 of 2,153
giphy.gif

You again?

Suuuuure ya did.:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back