iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Oct 2, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #496 of 2,153
Are other users getting the same run time with the dx120? 6-7hrs?
What are you driving, volume etc. I get over 12 hours of use.

Oct 2, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #497 of 2,153
Are other users getting the same run time with the dx120? 6-7hrs?
This was battery charge time with what i suspect 0.5 amp 5V cable.
The 3 amp 20V usb C cable charges in 2 hours.
Play time is at least 15 hours from 3.5.
Burn-in cable on 2.5 at high volumes will zero it out 6-7 hours, at 50% volume maybe 10 hours if not more.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #498 of 2,153
For those who want a good charger, please understand that a cable with thick power wires is a must as well! Instead, the cable itself would be the bottleneck. I've got cables from different brands claimed for high current, but they will not pass much through actually.

I use chargers and cables from Tronsmart for a long time. Their cables rated for 2.4A-3A (24-22AWG) are very good, but the shorter the better, of course! I get them off the official store at AliExpress.

It is always good to have a USB tester, a modern one, USB 3.0-compatible, to check the voltage and current during charging. Helps a lot! The modern testers support even QC2.0/3.0! Along with a switchable load resistor set, you can easily tell the source of the problem: charger, cable or your device. Google the words I've written if you have no idea what I'm talking about :)

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #499 of 2,153
This was battery charge time with what i suspect 0.5 amp 5V cable.
The 3 amp 20V usb C cable charges in 2 hours.
Play time is at least 15 hours from 3.5.
Burn-in cable on 2.5 at high volumes will zero it out 6-7 hours, at 50% volume maybe 10 hours if not more.

Ohhh ok! Sorry I misunderstood your post.

Guys I quoted Meelis on his post about the run time. I misunderstood his post on the 6hrs. All good here if we will be getting more than 10hrs of playing time.

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #501 of 2,153
I asked the same some days ago, but nobody answered. After analyzing both players, I think I will choose the iBasso for the following reasons: greater number of connections (very important to pair to my beloved Xduoo X5) and double sd. However, like you, I would also like to know which one has better SQ and more power on SE signal (on balanced, I could only use the iBasso IT01 iem).

I might go back to ZX300 due the few reasons, a single charge could let ZX300 last for 25hours+ and also the 4.4mm SQ is tremendously great, great and smooth UI. So it would be great if anyone who has both DAP could spare us some reviews

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #503 of 2,153
I might go back to ZX300 due the few reasons, a single charge could let ZX300 last for 25hours+ and also the 4.4mm SQ is tremendously great, great and smooth UI. So it would be great if anyone who has both DAP could spare us some reviews

Keep your ZX300
Any sound opinions would be almost pointless. They both sound great. i would say zx300 balanced sounds best to my ears but it's opinion.
The speed of the U.I. is not really opinion. Sony blazes and 120 does not.

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #504 of 2,153
Keep your ZX300
Any sound opinions would be almost pointless. They both sound great. i would say zx300 balanced sounds best to my ears but it's opinion.

That's weird - if anything the UI on my own 120 is TOO fast :)

To add a small point to some of the above posts. I was thinking the DX80 would outperform the ZX300 in many ways at half the price so..?
Anyhoo, just a thought

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #505 of 2,153
Keep your ZX300
I had sold my ZX300 and my iems due to busy work life :/

A horny widow couldn’t bear with the itchiness, last week I ordered the BFVP DM6 and now I need a nice DAP :frowning2:

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #506 of 2,153
That's weird - if anything the UI on my own 120 is TOO fast :)

To add a small point to some of the above posts. I was thinking the DX80 would outperform the ZX300 in many ways at half the price so..?
Anyhoo, just a thought
The DX120 is very fast and has power to spare. Excellent sound IMO.

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #507 of 2,153
I had sold my ZX300 and my iems due to busy work life :/

A horny widow couldn’t bear with the itchiness, last week I ordered the BFVP DM6 and now I need a nice DAP :frowning2:

DM6...nice. Love mine. Get the zx300 back or a person selling the DX150. That has had multiple FW updates and was never as slow with album art as the 120 is.

Oct 3, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #508 of 2,153
The DX120 is very fast and has power to spare. Excellent sound IMO.

Certainly is powerful although Im having troubles with the sound myself...
Its early days yet and I know future FW's will change the sound but...

Im finding the highs to be super clear crisp and detailed..which is great but... the mids have not much warmth. the low end can be a bit too deep and warm and the soundstage is often strange in how it works. The soundstage can be staggering but then also it put things in places i have not heard before..sometimes it just doesn't feel right
Classical music sound great. No complaints there but
At the moment Im finding the player to be lacking warmth. To be technically superb but lacking a human warmth over all
Full disclosure, Im coming from DX80 AND have been indulging somewhat in tube amp sound through DX80 LO but never the less

If the player maintained its clear detailed and often extraordinary treble clarity whilst presenting warm mids with a tighter more defined low end then I would be in Hogg heaven.

Im in 2 contradictory places - On the one hand the 120 is showing some truly extraordinary sonic abilities but on the other
it seems to be missing the point that music is made by humans and essentially comes from the heart. Its almost like a computer has made a technical great sound but does not understand how to portray the subtle elements of the human soul

Anyway, as with the DX80 Im sure forthcoming FW's will offer subtly different flavours
As I say its early days yet...Not un-happy with the player. Cautiously Very optimistic :)

Oct 3, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #509 of 2,153
The first album art loading is equally as slow in super fast xeon workstation. This is software issue, there is no pre generated album art library, every time it seeks through hundreds GB's of data in memory card speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back