iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Jun 24, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #2,056 of 2,153
well i don't really want to know how many employees ibasso or fidelizer had, just saying what i heard 😉, probably fidelizer just slightly tune the timbre a little bit more bass emphasis, well to my ears the stock rom kinda dry compared to fidelizer one, they just matter of taste.
Are you running balanced with fidelizer? I know one 120 review mentioned SE being drier than balanced in general but I just hear it (balanced) as faster decaying treble.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #2,057 of 2,153
It could be headphones, could also be due to the fact that the se is rated at 1.8 volts and the balance is at 3.6 volts, this tends to make a difference in the way headphones sound.
My he4xx sound dryer in the se when compared to the balanced, but my m565c (who are considerably more sensitive) don't really sound different, just louder

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #2,058 of 2,153
It could be headphones, could also be due to the fact that the se is rated at 1.8 volts and the balance is at 3.6 volts, this tends to make a difference in the way headphones sound.
My he4xx sound dryer in the se when compared to the balanced, but my m565c (who are considerably more sensitive) don't really sound different, just louder
Hmm, perhaps. So far I've only tried it with my Tipsy Aurora, which isn't super sensitive for an in-ear. Maybe not the best pairing since the Aurora follows the Harman curve fairly well but could use an upper treble boost while the 120 has more of a lower treble focus.

Another note, I was surprised that gapless actually works with no hiccups on the 120. I wonder if iBasso has always been good at this implementation since I'm hard pressed to come across it in daps outside of the iPod. I'd be interested to hear any recommendations for other daps that do gapless like this.

Jun 25, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #2,061 of 2,153
Thanks, although I should've clarified, something a bit above entry level. Almost got the M6 awhile back but I heard some say gapless was faulty.
I have had the dx50, dx90 and now the dx120
The gapless playback is just as good on each from memory

Jun 25, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #2,062 of 2,153
I plan on a dx150 and a few amp cards, would've gotten it earlier but with the covid economic issues, I will have to wait atleast another year

Jun 25, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #2,064 of 2,153
The 160 seems to be the game changer in the price range. I just went with the 120 since I don’t need all the bells and whistles. I like the look of the 120 too, something you’d find in your grandpa’s desk that makes you go “What the hell is this?”
Yeah, I chose it for similar reasons, I don't stream, no need for WiFi, and I feel it sounds fairly neutral for this price
And there customer service is awesome, they seem to just be better then fiios, I got so angry with there x1ii, bought it when it was released, they never updated, had a few issues and there reps didn't reply to anything I sent.
I haven't had any issues with any ibasso device

Jul 3, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #2,067 of 2,153
Under "System Info" my device says firmware version is V2.9.121. Is this the most up to date version, or will it state L0 or L1 at the end? Also, how should I go about fidelizer? Are most users using it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back