iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Apr 17, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #1,922 of 2,153
I'm not sending it back, as I told you it's too expensive and besides that, it's the only paperweight I own.
You're in the Philippines man, there are probably a ton of cell phone repair places that will do it for you. Email Paul@ibasso.com for a battery and pickup a spare glass for $5 while you are at it. The battery should be $10 and the shipping should be another $10...so $25 USD. In the future always use an approved name brand charger, or charge it from a USB port if you are not sure.

Ill take it off your hands for $50 since its a paperweight you said anyways :dt880smile:

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #1,924 of 2,153
As far as the charger goes I bought a 2 pack of the recommended Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.

Honestly i think thats what it is. When i was in mexico i used the wall USB port a few times and a few days later noticed the device wouldnt hold a charge and the battery was slightly bulging. I think it was a combination of dirty power from mexico and a cheap wall port. I think the charging system or battery in this device is just a little more sensitive than a standard cell phone. If we really care about our electronics though we should be using a surge protector and the proper chargers which is now what i use.

May 30, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #1,927 of 2,153
i've been playing around with the lurker and fidelizer enhanced roms and have come to the conclusion that the fidelizer one sounds slightly sweeter (less digital) but this might be wishful thinking - anyone else have any experiences?

d

Jun 8, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #1,929 of 2,153
I wrote the following letter to iBasso support service (paul@ibasso.com & service@ibasso.com):

Hi.

I have a problem with iBasso DX120 digital outputs (firmware 2.9.121).
If the player plays DSD, then it is transmitted only through the USB output.
If the player plays PCM, then it is transmitted only through the coaxial output.
But DSD and PCM the player plays through the line output normally.

I understand that now the PCM signal can only be output from the optical output,
and the DSD signal can only be output from the USB output.
It is very uncomfortable!

I ask you to fix the firmware so that the PCM signal is output from the USB output.
I beg you to do this!

This problem has long been discovered and discussed on the forum:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...-slots-fw-2-9-21-now-out.887809/post-15375799
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...-slots-fw-2-9-21-now-out.887809/post-15377780
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...-slots-fw-2-9-21-now-out.887809/post-15386630

If anyone has the same problem with digital outputs, then I ask you to send similar calls to iBasso support.

I really need to fix this problem!!!

Aug 12, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #1,932 of 2,153
Pleasantly rediscovering my 17month old dx120 with a newly bought ibasso am05 IEM. Sounds amazing, just the perfect pair for my taste. Such a mature, smooth, enjoyable listen :dt880smile:
I agree, the combination is very good, very compact and just plain musical.

Aug 13, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #1,933 of 2,153
How are the AM05's? I usually use my FLC8's with the DX120 both of which i use daily.
They’re great! Detailed, revealing, with some warmth. Listening to them atm, I’m impressed how am05 revealing nature compliments the dx120’s separation, always coherent. Feels like am05 is bringing out more of the dx120 awesomeness. Loving how live performances sound on this pair-up.

Sep 16, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #1,934 of 2,153
Hi, is anyone having trouble with their DX120 being recognized in Windows 10? At home, my media computer still running Win7 (yes, it's an old computer) but I have no trouble accessing the file library on the SD card (for downloading and deleting files). On Monday at work I tried plugging the DX120 into my work computer (Win10) and it wouldn't recognize it. It charges, so I don't think it's a problem with the cable or port, but at times (not always) I get a message saying that device plugged in can't be recognized by Windows. I've tried different USB port with no change. Today I tried a factory reset (with the SD card out) and that didn't change the outcome either. I've even tried downloading the DAC Windows driver, though I don't plan to use it for a DAC, but that didn't do anything either.

I'm in contact with iBasso customer service but so far they have only give me basic suggestions such as change USB port/cable

Any suggestions?

Sep 16, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #1,935 of 2,153
Hi, is anyone having trouble with their DX120 being recognized in Windows 10? At home, my media computer still running Win7 (yes, it's an old computer) but I have no trouble accessing the file library on the SD card (for downloading and deleting files). On Monday at work I tried plugging the DX120 into my work computer (Win10) and it wouldn't recognize it. It charges, so I don't think it's a problem with the cable or port, but at times (not always) I get a message saying that device plugged in can't be recognized by Windows. I've tried different USB port with no change. Today I tried a factory reset (with the SD card out) and that didn't change the outcome either. I've even tried downloading the DAC Windows driver, though I don't plan to use it for a DAC, but that didn't do anything either.

I'm in contact with iBasso customer service but so far they have only give me basic suggestions such as change USB port/cable

Any suggestions?

I have issues but managed to get it working. The DX120 is very picky with cables so you can try that first even though the cable worked on my phone. It also didn't play well with my new AMD Ryzen 3700x build, I beleive the issue was with AMD's usb drivers though. I ended up getting a SMSL Sanskrit S10 with the AK4493 DAC instead hooked up to my little dot at home...I did some side by side comparisons to the DX120 using the same amp and they sound identical ...which is a good thing. I was mostly tired of having to choose to charge the DX120 or have it in DAC mode. I still use DAC mode at work though. I believe I also uninstalled the drivers a bunch of times and tried different USB ports, front and back. To this day there are still some.ports that work with the DX120 and others that don't, I honestly think it's a AMD issue though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back