1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104
106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115
Next

Last
  1. Victorfabius
    Same on my unit. I suspect I messed up the install, but I can't seem to undo it.

I might have to look into finding the batch tool and seeing if that fixes the issue. Otherwise, doesn't seem to be that big of an issue. I may check when I get back home, but I might forget; it'll be a while.

2. expatriot
    Thank you.

3. Majid Mute
    I have the same problem

4. expatriot
    I guess I'll just wait, my 120 is working great as is.

5. claudy
    mine too...

6. MarCo7
    Mine came from the factory with v2.4.56 installed (June 2019). It works perfectly for me so I don't feel the need to mess with a good thing. If you update, don't forget to do a factory reset and delete the image file after the update is completed.

7. jamato8 Contributor
    .56 is the current firmware. They made an error on the fw number and mentioned somewhere but if you are on 2.4.56, you are current.

8. vas-tomsk
    DX120FW2.5.68

Improvements with this firmware:
    1. Improved Shuffle play mode.
    2. The library is now saved in the internal memory instead of on the micro SD card.
    3. Rectified the bug that only 200 songs were allowed on a playlist.
    4. Supports the new firmware for the XMOS.

Instruction For Firmware update:
    1. Extract the zip file and copy the update .img onto a micro SD card root folder.
    2. Insert the micro SD card into the SD card slot2. Make sure there is no Micro SD card placed in Slot 1.
    3. Select Settings-Advanced-System update (the system update option appears only after the update.img is detected).
    4. Click OK to start the firmware update.
    5. The DX120 will reboot after the firmware update is completed.
    6. Select Settings-Advanced-Factory Reset to reset the DX120. This is to avoid conflicts with residual settings from the previous firmware.
    7. Delete the update .img from the micro SD card.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    JuanLuis91 likes this.
  9. expatriot
    "Library now saved on internal memory instead of micro sd card". What internal memory?

10. Lurker0
    Obviously, DX120 has built-in flash storage, for firmware, Android and Mango to run. It is not accessible by end user though.

Victorfabius likes this.
  11. vas-tomsk
    This is probably not true. As before, an empty folder "log" and a folder ".audio_data" are created, in which the file "audio.db" is located.

In addition, gapless only works with individual tracks, and does not work with CUE. Sadly! In firmware 2.1.20, gapless always worked.

12. JuanLuis91

installing...

13. vas-tomsk
    I connected the iBasso DX120 to the FX-AUDIO D802C DAC-amplifier with a USB cable and ... there is sound! On previous firmware I did not try this, since there was no corresponding USB-C cable - USB-B. Now I got a suitable cable and I think let me try. And here is the result - our player can work as a digital transport! I don’t know what formats/frequencys/bits this bundle will master, but CD rips play just fine:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    MarCo7 likes this.
  14. Paul - iBasso
    Thank you. I have notified our software team of this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
  15. Lurker0
    Firmware version 2.5.68 has been officially released, and here is 2.5.68-L0/L1.

During the usual tests, I couldn't stop to wonder how small and lightweight DX120 is, with the sound that did not push me to stop and return to my usual DX200Cu+AMP9 :) Both ABBA covers by Cher (24/44) and vinyl rip of Camel "I Can See Your House from Here" (DSD128) were enjoyable!

First

Back
95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104
106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115
Next

Last