iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Apr 20, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #1,368 of 2,153
I have detected two other issues:

- When I search by album, sometimes the song list is incomplete! I have to scan again so that the list is complete.

- For any type of search, be it by folders or artist / album, sometimes the song that is played does not correspond to the selected song, even until another album cover is shown. This happens more times when I search through the folders of the micro sd.

I love the sound, it's definitely a remarkable improvement over the cayin n3 I have, but these details of the S.O end up compromising the user experience :pensive:.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #1,369 of 2,153
I have the dx120 from today. The touch is impressive, excellent finish and design. The interface is very simple and fast, although I feel it is very sensitive at times. I have noticed a couple of slowdowns, but nothing serious. What I do worry about is its sound, it's weird, like it's drowned, the voices in the background, in some songs are not heard, and some instruments come to the front in a lot of detail, but in general everything sounds very thin. I'll leave it playing files today all the day connected to the burn in cable and hope it improves (hopefully).

I have the DX-120 too. My first hi-res device. Just bought it about a month ago. Since the start of the 70s I have owned a lot of high-end stereo equipment. But I got to say...this DX-120 sounded fantastic from the start. Paired with my Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7b it sounds better than anything I ever owned. In fact I can't even imagine anything sounding better.

Apr 21, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #1,370 of 2,153
I have the DX-120 too. My first hi-res device. Just bought it about a month ago. Since the start of the 70s I have owned a lot of high-end stereo equipment. But I got to say...this DX-120 sounded fantastic from the start. Paired with my Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7b it sounds better than anything I ever owned. In fact I can't even imagine anything sounding better.

Yes, it sounds really good, it was just a detail of compatibility with the cables with microphone, like the one used by the meze 99 neo. With the sound I have no complaints, but with the operating system, it still has some problems like the ones I mentioned before.

Apr 22, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #1,371 of 2,153
When playing images of CD (FLAC+CUE), the "Gapless" function does not work, since pauses between tracks are added. However, when playing consecutive FLAC tracks, the “Gapless” function works fine, since there are no pauses between tracks. Firmware V2.4.59.

Does everyone have it? And can this be fixed in the next firmware?

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #1,372 of 2,153
If the memory cards are formatted in exFAT, then I cannot delete the folders and files on the PC's card reader! But if the memory cards are formatted in FAT32, then I can delete the folders and files on the PC's card reader without problems.

I explain. I copy folders and files to the player using a USB cable. Then I take out the memory card from the player and insert it into the PC's card reader. And I have this problem with exFAT! I can read the folders and files, but I cannot change or delete them. However, I have no problems with FAT32.

I think this is due to the "Access Control List (ACL)", which is in exFAT and not in FAT32. Just the player forbids to do anything with the data on the exFAT memory card, except for itself.

Does everyone have it? And can this be fixed in the next firmware?

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #1,373 of 2,153
Then I take out the memory card from the player
You damage the file system this way. At least, the volume is not closed. You'd better safely unmount it first, as usual.
cannot change or delete them
Windows prevents writing to a damaged volume. Run chkdsk /f first (or check and fix FS via GUI).

Apr 23, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #1,374 of 2,153
Hola todos:

I bought a ibasso 120 and headphones final audio sonorous 2, over-ear, 16 ohmios impedance. I will have this in the space of a few days. ¿Will I need a balanced cable or the device will move the headphones perfectly? I prefered this device over the fiio x5 iii , I think the ibasso sound better but i didn´t know the little power in 3.5 output.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #1,376 of 2,153
The main software issue I had was when I updated the firmware to the latest. The display went really distorted, and to another language. The icons that represented buttons were distorted. But luckily I could remember where the Factory Reset button was, hit that and it cured the problem.

One other issue that sometimes happens is when you are listening to a tune and tap a different tune from the list, the new tune will start playing from the beginning, but the progress bar won't reset to the beginning...it will continue on from the time where you were listening at in the previous tune. But the DX-120 engineer couldn't reproduce it. He asked me to upgrade to the latest firmware, but I didn't have to because the problem went away when I turned off/on the device.

One thing I would make sure of is that the DX-120 has a problem with Anker chargers: If you let the device run down to around 10 or 20% the Anker is OK. The DX-120 will fully charge in about 2 hours. But if you let the DX-120 run down to 0% and it shuts down, then charging from 0% to 100% will take 7 or 8 hours (overnight). I found that this can be solved by Using the Anker to charge the DX-120 for 5 to 10 minutes to 5-7%, unplug the charger from the DX-120, plug it back in to the DX-120 then the Anker will charge the DX-120 to 100% in about 2 hours.

OR you could buy a Qualcomm Quick Charge compatible charger from Amazon for $10 to $20USD. The one I got will charge the DX-120 from 0 to 100% in about 2 hours and 10 minutes with no fuss.

Anker chargers are not Qualcomm Quick Charge compatible.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #1,378 of 2,153
@expatriot I love the DX-120. The sound is beyond what I had hoped for. I can't imagine anything sounding better. It is the Ferrari of DAPs! The others are like SUVs with features for hauling around the whole family with snotty-nosed kids and soccer equipment. The DX-120 is designed in such a way to get the best components at a low price point by not having much internal memory. It is left up to the listener to determine how much memory they want because of the two Micro-SD slots. Another thing I love is the OS which is very stripped down and has only what is necessary for a full-featured MUSIC PLAYER. The other "SUV" DAPs use Android...a bloated COMPUTER and SMART PHONE OS where most of its features are not for music players. I don't want all the extra Android crap on my DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back