iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Apr 2, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #1,291 of 2,153
I am confused. What tool are you referring to? That stub cable that plugs into the balanced port? I am using that to burn-in. And what do you mean "Burn in balanced separately"? How do you do that without that tool? Are two burn-ins required? One for balanced and one for non-balanced?

You can use the tool for single ended burn-in but i understand the balanced output is (partly?) a seperate circuit and therefore needs seperate burn-in with a balanced pair of headphones

d

Apr 2, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #1,292 of 2,153
I am confused. What tool are you referring to? That stub cable that plugs into the balanced port? I am using that to burn-in. And what do you mean "Burn in balanced separately"? How do you do that without that tool? Are two burn-ins required? One for balanced and one for non-balanced?
You can use the burn-in cable we have included. It is a 2.5mm balanced burn-in cable. This will burn in the single ended side of the circuit and the balanced all at the same time. Use a normal listening volume and if you want to use it, you can when not listening to music. Normal burn in time is anywhere from 100 to 200 hours with most accomplished by 100 hours. I hope this helps.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 2, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #1,294 of 2,153
Hi Paul,

Is it possible to seethe total run time ?
The time that has been played is on the left and the total time for the song is on the right. The track number is in the middle between them. It is right under the bar that moves as the song plays.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 2, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #1,296 of 2,153
You can use the tool for single ended burn-in but i understand the balanced output is (partly?) a seperate circuit and therefore needs seperate burn-in with a balanced pair of headphones

d
That is weird because that tool only plugs into the balanced input of the DX120:
P_20190403_062059_1_p.jpg

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #1,299 of 2,153
Personally, I think my ZX300 does sound better than my DX120, with most earphones anyway. The difference between the two is not night and day, and I am often completely happy with the DX120.

Sometimes the Sony doesn't decode the cue correctly and plays the album as one long song. Never have that problem with the DX120. Also the noise level on the iBasso is higher, especially with really sensitive earphones. My Khan's just do not sound good because of the noise on the DX120, but they sound fine with the Sony's.

The big difference for me is the storage and portability. The DX120 just holds so much more. Also the DX120 handles high end cue files better, imho.

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #1,301 of 2,153
With the it04 you dont have a noise problems?
For me, there are no noise issues with the IT04 and the DX120. You can also use low gain.

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #1,302 of 2,153
With the it04 you dont have a noise problems?

Haven 't used the It04 in some time, but no, don't remember any noise.

Really, the biggest offender is the Noble Khan. Not a good match.

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #1,304 of 2,153
Im still burning in my dx120, but with more thickness its really match zx300’s smooth midrange. Dx120 is more like reference sound while zx300 is more rounded, personally i still like zx300 more due to its comfortable sound.
No doubt the ZX300 is an incredible DAP, especially its balanced output but it's also double the price. I tried to get some time with the DX220 at CanJam but they only had 1 demo unit and I did not have the patience to stand around waiting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back